Ipad Mini 5 Pro and Cons
2072 7 2021-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Throbber
lvl.2
United States

Looking to purchase the most current  Ipad Mini (5 I believe WIFI) to fly my Mini 2, does anyone know from their experience what the pro and cons are?  I've seen past forums discussing issues with maps.  Appreciate your opinions.
2021-1-21
Use props
fans42c8019f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

Pro is that it works like a charm.  Con is that it’s pricey compared to barebones Android tablets (which may or may not be supported by DJ).
2021-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Throbber. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. I hops that you will get the best recommendation from or fellow DJI Co pilots who are using the iPad Mini 5 when flying there DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability for the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads
2021-1-21
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Using ipad mini 5 and all is great. Helps with bigger screen and picture quality is great to.  Con is getting pics and films off, with android you can do anything you like!!

As with all apple stuff its there way or the highway :-)
2021-1-22
Use props
BORRERO.MD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774534 ft
Colombia

I don't have that iPad but i recommend you to check it's peak brightness and see if it's better than your current device's. The Apple iPad mini 5 says to have a peak brightness of 500 nits, just as my iPad 5th gen (2017). I find the screen comfortable if it's not really sunny otuside... otherwise i stick to my Galaxy S9, which has a peak brightness of 544 nits (and it's noticeably better IMO)
2021-1-23
Use props
Throbber
lvl.2
United States

BORRERO.MD Posted at 1-23 07:39
I don't have that iPad but i recommend you to check it's peak brightness and see if it's better than your current device's. The Apple iPad mini 5 says to have a peak brightness of 500 nits, just as my iPad 5th gen (2017). I find the screen comfortable if it's not really sunny otuside... otherwise i stick to my Galaxy S9, which has a peak brightness of 544 nits (and it's noticeably better IMO)

Good point, I did not factor in the nits of the Ipad vs. my iPhone 11 pro.  Appreciate it!
2021-1-23
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

Thinking to buy a ipad mini 5 too. Is it just fine to buy the one with WiFi only? I guess GPS is inside the mini 2, so ipad doesn't need celluar? Waht about the (google)maps inside fly app? Or just make a hotspot on my pbone so it has data?

J
2021-1-23
Use props
fans42c8019f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

Geeforce Posted at 1-23 12:45
Thinking to buy a ipad mini 5 too. Is it just fine to buy the one with WiFi only? I guess GPS is inside the mini 2, so ipad doesn't need celluar? Waht about the (google)maps inside fly app? Or just make a hotspot on my pbone so it has data?

J

I bought the one with LTE.  I wanted to minimize the number of devices I need to charge (i.e. not want to have to worry about mini batteries, controller, ipad AND iphone).
2021-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules