1847 24 2021-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

NOTE: Updated list with all suggestions that follows below in the thread

I have read many threads requiring functions on the Mavic Air 2 that the previous one had.
Do we make a list here so that newcomers can read them all at once?

When I bought the Mavic Air 2 I had seen many videos of the Mavic Air which obviously uses the DJI Go 4 and I never thought that buying the Mavic Air 2 would mean NOT having the same functionality.

The Mavic air 2 does not allow:

• Use of cristalsky
  • Use of DJI goggles

• Waypoints
  • YouTube live
  • the choice of using Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or full manual control and locking the ISO setting
  • Parallel active track not only behind the subject
  • 60FPS in Active Track and Spotlight (even if it’s only at 2.7)
  • Downloadable offline maps
  • Selectable RTH between 5-50m, whether to elevate to the RTH hight or fly back at curret height
  • Persistent state for phone charging in IOS On/Off/Always
  • The flyapp does not display the distance to obstacles
  • option to turn off in-camera sharpening

What else?
As you can see, all these shortcomings are due to the fact that DJI Go 4 is not compatible with the Mavic Air 2.

The list of firmware updates done from 2021-01-26
New Mavic Air 2 v01.01.0610
  • Added FocusTrack when shooting at 1080 48/60/60 fps in video mode (requires DJI Fly v1.2.4).
  • Added prompts when using FocusTrack (requires DJI Fly v1.2.4).
  • Optimied detection and app prompts when propessers are unfolded (requires DJI Fly v1.2.4).
  • Optimed DJI Care Flyaway Coverage.

2021-1-21
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I would definitely second WayPoints for Photo & Video modes and not just Hyperlapse.  

Other features that I think should be included:
  • Downloadable offline maps - the Go 4 has them
  • Selectable RTH between 5-50m, whether to elevate to the RTH hight or fly back at curret height
  • Persistent state for phone charging in IOS On/Off/Always

I beleive that the CystalSkys is not compatible with the Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini and Mini 2 due to hardware limitations and not the compliling of the DJI Fly app for 32 bit.  I saw on another forum that attempts were made to install the Smart Controller 32 bit DJI Fly app on the CrystalSkys without success.  

The DJI Goggles can be used with the Mavic Air 2 with the Smart Controller.  The issue is the need for port based connection, HDMI, which is not possible on the current Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2 controller.

2021-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can do waypoints with Maven.
2021-1-22
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Yes, of course, you can also do it with Dronelink and they are only for iOS and in any case, it seems that the DJI warranty expires if you use third-party apps.
2021-1-22
Use props
davesgonedroning
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159905 ft
Australia

60FPS in Active Track and Spotlight (even if it’s only at 2.7K like the original Mavic Air).
2021-1-22
Use props
davesgonedroning
lvl.2
Australia

Parallel Active Track that stays parallel. My MA2 doesn’t stay at the angle I position it in, and falls behind the subject when the subject moves. The MA1 stayed parallel when the subject moved.
2021-1-22
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

You're right I noticed it but not having the mavic air 1 I thought it was right to see the subject from behind.

Added to the list
2021-1-22
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

I added in the list that:
The flyapp does not display the distance to obstacles

I have never used the DJI Go 4.0 but from the videos I saw that there are virtual LEDs at the top and bottom of the screen that indicate the distance to obstacles. It's right?
2021-1-22
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Well done, great idea to collect everything in one place.
2021-1-22
Use props
Seattle_Scott
lvl.2
United States

Nice list, thanks.  

it took me a long time to figure out that DJI GO 4 is not compatible with the Air 2.  
I would also like for phone charging to be persistent. It's annoying to turn it  on every single time I fly, even after I change the battery in the drone, I still have to re-enable it.
Parallel tracking: frankly I've not gotten any of the tracking to work well, and have learned to track manually. The same is true of Point of Interest. Those auto settings just don't work well for me.
2021-1-24
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Seattle_Scott Posted at 1-24 15:13
Nice list, thanks.  

it took me a long time to figure out that DJI GO 4 is not compatible with the Air 2.  

• Dynamic ACTIVE TRACK. When the target is lost and try to find it using the occusync Antenna looking and where the Drone is and GPS of the Remote(Phone/tablet GPS)
  • Waypoints showing GPS coordinates in each point and automatic area measurement with saving mission. Maybe under waypoints mode.
  • Record audio (like Mavic pro etc)
  • Dolly Zoom Effect
  • Zoom for photos ( Normal and smart photo) - I think 48 mp cant be zoomed More ZOOM for 4K like 10X and Photos too.
  • Zoom for quick shots
  • Battery discharge set time (days - week -month)
2021-1-24
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-22 02:55
You're right I noticed it but not having the mavic air 1 I thought it was right to see the subject from behind.

Added to the list

An orange line appears at the top of the screen if an obstacle is detected in the front and on the bottom if it is detected in the back.
2021-1-24
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

I found this list From @Mirek L:    https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216584

•   1#

Hi,

Do you have any suggested features you would like to add to DJI Fly?
    This app is missing a lot of important features which were available with DJI Go 4 even with low cost drones like Spark.
    Maybe we should compile a list of suggestions for DJI?

List as of August 4, 2020. Applies to requested functionalities still missing in DJI Fly 1.1.6:

Safety - battery

• Custom setup of low battery warning (it was available in DJI Go 4 app).
    • Customizable verbal updates of battery level. Example: 80% battery left, 60% battery left etc. or 20 minutes battery left, 15 minutes battery left etc. User should be able to specify warning intervals. Battery icon is barely visible against bright sky on DJI Fly display.

Safety - RTH
    • Dynamic Home point updates to follow Remote Controller (it was available via DJI Go 4 app).
    • Option to hover on low-battery RTH trigger while in Active Tracking mode.

Application Usability and Convenience
    • Support for off-line maps (it was available via DJI Go 4 app).
    • Choice of continuous file numbering or reset of file numbering (start from 1 or from any chosen number).
    • Scalable fonts
    • Option to configure grey background under icons for better visibility.
    • Option to toggle color of icons and telemerty data - switch between black and white, for better visibility, depending on backgroud of displayed view. For example, user could change icons from white to black if they are displayed against very bright backdrop (cloudes, snow, etc.)
    • Orange bands which are displayed at the top or at the bottom of the screen and indicating obstacles in front of or at the back of the AC, should change color from yellow, to orange to red depending on how far the AC is from the obstacle. Right now they are always orange.
    • Audio reminder to stop any video recording once the app senses the drone has landed. It would eliminate some corrupted files where pilots shut down drone before stopping recording.
    • Audio reminders for all warnings which display on the screen. Currenlty some of them have audio and some do not (e.g. "No GPS. FLy with caution" only appears on the screen but does not have an audio).
    • If  user wants their iOS device to be charged by the RC, persist phone charging option for iOS. Right now this option needs to be set every time the mobile is connected to RC, otherwise iPhone will not charge.
    • When AC is on the ground with engines off, push and hold of RTH button should Launch it. This is safer and much more convenient way for launching from hand than fidgeting with take-off icon on mobile screen.
    • More option to customize DJI Fly app screen: add or remove display of various data. Users could choose minimalistic and clean screen. It is implemented to some extent right now with ability to add histogram, grid lines, overexposure data etc but we could use some more key options.

Flight Control
    • Ability to disable downward facing sensors. Display warning when pilto wants to disable sensors and rest to a default (sensors on) for a next flight). For a detailed case why it is important please see: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219782
    • Ability to lock flight height. AC controlling flight height automatically and flying at the same height above the ground once locked. This, of course, could be overriden and cancelled with stick movement.
    • Waypoints and course lock.

Photo and video recording
    • Option to display of camera settings being currently used while in Auto mode.
    • Ability to adjust sharpness and contrast of the photos and videos (many users complain about over-sharpened images).
    • Add manual white balance to the quick menu of camera manual setup (in the same spot were manual ISO and exposure settings are found). Right now manual white balance is buried under generic Camera menu and it is not quickly accessible. Being able to set it up manually in the same menu as ISO and exposure would be beneficial.
    • Ability to shoot photos in RAW format only. Right now the only option for shooting RAW is RAW+JPG. For many people addition of jpg image is an unnecessary duplication.
    • Ability to lock WB (in addition to locking EV)
    • Ability to choose H.264 codec for 4k 60fps videos (currently only H.265 is available).
    • Manual settings for HDR video.
    • Lock settings for HDR video.
    • Dlog color profile.
    • Panoramas with Auto Exposure Bracketing

Intelligent Shooting Modes
    • 4k Hyperlapse. There is currently a workaround for it - choose 1080p hyperlapse but save photos from hyperlapse as RAW. These photos can be combined in post-production to create 4K hyperlapse.
    • Focus Track on 1080p @ 60/50/48fps.
    • Asteroid panorama.

Other
    • On/off choice of voice recording over videos being cached (mobile recording your voice which is superimposed on cached videos during flight – it was available in DJI Go 4 app).
    • Customizable period when the battery starts to auto-discharge. Right now, if idle for 5 days, battery will auto discharge to 60%. Users should be able to extend this period to few weeks. The reason is, if you are hiking or canoeing in backcountry with no access to civilization for a few weeks, you do not want the batteries to auto discharge, especially since DJI does not support charging from a power bank.
    • Ability to transfer 4k videos from AC to mobile.
    • Ability to disable 3.5Gb limit on a video file size.
    • Far shot suggestion: Possible integration of Google Assistant with the app. For example, you say Hey Google, Set DJI camera exposure to +1. Or Hey Google, Bring my Drone back to home. Or Hey Google, how much battery is left?. Or Hey Google, switch drone to 48MP mode.

Concerns addressed with DJI Fly 1.1.4
    • Highlight critical information on the screen. Critical info icons are highlighted in red.

Concerns addressed with DJI Fly 1.1.6
    • Gimbal wheel adjustments: sensitivity and speed.
    • Stick adjustments: sensitivity and speed - yaw control.
    • Battery usage graph on top of the screen – display of how much battery is left to RTH and to critical low. With a tap on a battery graph DJI Fly now displays exact time left to RTH, Forced landing and total battery depletion.

Please add your wishes to this thread. Perhaps DJI will listen.

Mirek

2021-1-24
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Turn lead into gold, too much?
2021-1-24
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

What we are proposing is not going to happen.
DJI seems to have left MAVIC AIR 2 in second place ...
Due to the new regulations in the major markets of USA and G.B., but also the upcoming changes in the EU, all they are interested in is the MINI 2 ....
2021-1-25
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

S.T. Posted at 1-25 05:45
What we are proposing is not going to happen.
DJI seems to have left MAVIC AIR 2 in second place ...
Due to the new regulations in the major markets of USA and G.B., but also the upcoming changes in the EU, all they are interested in is the MINI 2 ....

The DJI Fly app is for both so an upgrade on the app will be useful for two drones at one time
2021-1-25
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-25 05:59
The DJI Fly app is for both so an upgrade on the app will be useful for two drones at one time

Of course, this is not the case.
If so then you should be able to ZOOM in the photo that with the latest firmaware is provided to the owners of MINI 2.
2021-1-25
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Hi guys added to the first message also the list of the firmware updates.

Like you can see, one of the request was:  Focus Track on 1080p @ 60/50/48fps.
and has been developed.
2021-1-26
Use props
davesgonedroning
lvl.2
Australia

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-26 12:37

Like you can see, one of the request was:  Focus Track on 1080p @ 60/50/48fps.

It’s a step in the right direction. The MA1 could do active track at 2.7K, 60FPS. Hopefully the MA2 catches up.. or even gets to 4K, 60FPS.
2021-1-26
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-26 12:37

Like you can see, one of the request was:  Focus Track on 1080p @ 60/50/48fps.

bull....
DJI treats the mavic air 2 as a second class.
First priority the MINI 2 !!
They do not even offer what they have already given to the users of MINI 2: PHOTO ZOOM !!!
From what I know so far, I very much doubt if I would buy the mavic air 2
Too bad once again ....
2021-1-27
Use props
Mike Lammers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1402280 ft
Netherlands

I would like to add the possibility to take 48MP photos while in interval photo mode.
2021-1-27
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

"When I bought the Mavic Air 2 I had seen many videos of the Mavic Air which obviously uses the DJI Go 4 and I never thought that buying the Mavic Air 2 would mean NOT having the same functionality."
This is the biggest dissapointment to me as a new mavic user! Bad move if you think at all from the customer perspective. You buy a NEW version of some product and it's DOWNGRADED from the old one! WHUT!?

Why in the hell Dji forced us to Fly app? Why didnt leave that chose to the user..

2021-1-28
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

S.T. Posted at 1-27 01:53
bull....
DJI treats the mavic air 2 as a second class.
First priority the MINI 2 !!

Really? Photo Zoom in Mini 2 and not on Air 2
2021-1-28
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-24 18:29
I found this list From @Mirek L:    https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216584

Holy shait what a difference of features Fly App vs Go 4.
2021-1-28
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

NordicFinn Posted at 1-28 00:44
"When I bought the Mavic Air 2 I had seen many videos of the Mavic Air which obviously uses the DJI Go 4 and I never thought that buying the Mavic Air 2 would mean NOT having the same functionality."
This is the biggest dissapointment to me as a new mavic user!  Bad move if you think at all from the customer perspective. You buy a NEW version of some product and it's DOWNGRADED from the old one! WHUT!?

They look like my sentences written somewhere.
You tube, here?
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules