Constantly disconnecting + fly away with no indication
980 2 2015-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jason
lvl.1

United States

I just got my I1 back from DJI repairs for the second time and now it has new issues.  This time it's disconnecting very frequently.  I've flown in many different areas so I know it's not interferenced based.  Upon disconnection I retain control of the bird, but I have no signal to my Ipad2 of any kind.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it's disconnecting, sometimes occuring as close as 15 meters away.  I'm watching back videos of the flights and there doesn't seem to be an indication in the recorded flight that the signal disconnected--I'm not sure how that's possible.   
I kept fly to try to suss the problem out because as long as I could see the bird, it was always possible to bring it back to me, wait for signal to reconnect, and then land, but now a second issue:  on my last flight, as soon as I took off, the I1 started wavering all over the place, spinning in circles, freaking out.  I quickly took it up high so it wouldn't hit any structures and was able to drop the landing gear and quickly bring it down in a safe place.  There was no indication of any kind of error - it did not go into atti mode.  It was GPS with good signal.  screen cap attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Image-1.jpg
2015-7-5
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Did you check your cables ... ?
I used an old cable (used it to charge my iPad a long time before I got my Inspire 1) with "dirty" connectors that caused some problems.

I also changed to position of the antennas to "up and out" ... creating a "V-shape".
Works perfectly for me now!

Your last incident doesn´t have to be related to your first problem.
2015-7-6
Use props
GravityStorm
lvl.1

United States

I've had some disconnects recently with my iPad.  Are you using an Apple cable or 3rd party?  I'm using a short third party cable but have ordered a short 0.5m Apple cable.  My last flight with the Apple 6' cable that came with the iPad went well with no disconnects but time will tell.  Was the Inspire near the building on the map when it starting acting crazy?  Could it be a metal/interference issue?
2015-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules