Is the Ronin SC Focus Motor compatible with the RSC 2?
3773 4 2021-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sharpenedbamboo
lvl.1

Indonesia

I have a Ronin SC Focus Motor, from my previous gimbal (which was sold as a basic package). Would it work with my RSC2? I bought the basic package and I've read that the focus motor is the same.

I tried connecting it first with the original splitter cable, and it didn't work at all, the motor's LED indicator was totally off. Now with the USB C to USB C cable provided with the RSC 2 purchase, and it blinks red continuously (focus motor disconnected according to the manuals).

Should I have connected it with a different cable? (multi-camera control cable as stated in the new Focus Motor manual, instead of this one)

Or it just wouldn't work with the older model's focus motor?

2021-1-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, the Focus Motor of the Ronin-SC can be used on the DJI RSC2. Could you please tell us the camera and lens that you used? And for the RSC2, please use the Multi-Camera Control Cable to connect with your camera.

Let us know if the Multi-Camera Control Cable works on your case, thanks
2021-1-22
Use props
sharpenedbamboo
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-22 06:41
Hello, the Focus Motor of the Ronin-SC can be used on the DJI RSC2. Could you please tell us the camera and lens that you used? And for the RSC2, please use the Multi-Camera Control Cable to connect with your camera.

Let us know if the Multi-Camera Control Cable works on your case, thanks

Hello. Thank you for the swift reply.

I assume the Multi-Camera Control Cable is the USB C to USB C provided among 4 cables from the RSC2 basic package. Is that correct?

I am using a Sony A7C with Sony 24mm F1.4GM. I have tested the said cable and it works to control the camera via PC Remote. However, as it is the only cable, I use it to connect the focus motor to the focus motor port (middle), and have the camera not connected to the gimbal. Could it be the cause, and I have to have 2 of the same cables to be able to use the focus motor? as the other cable is the splitter that comes with Ronin SC and it doesn't work.
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_9xcRZMWjho9f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sharpenedbamboo Posted at 1-22 10:06
Hello. Thank you for the swift reply.

I assume the Multi-Camera Control Cable is the USB C to USB C provided among 4 cables from the RSC2 basic package. Is that correct?

Hi,

Did you get this to work? I have the same issue myself with a different camera and lens
2021-3-31
Use props
Curtis7990
lvl.1

Italy

Does anybody fixed this? I have the same problem.
2021-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules