Need some help
792 6 2021-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Will.bond1
New

United Kingdom

I've recently started using a Mavic Pro that my dad brought back in 2017. He never really used it much so I decided to start using it. I've run into a problem that i was wondering if anyone knew how to solve it.
The drone isnt flying stable basically. when I take off and put to go forward itll go at a slight angle and lose ellevation. If i take it up to 4m and just move it left to right back and forth itll drop down to about 1m, but the controller and app still say its at 4m. I have recalibrated the controller and the drone and reset all the flying settings for the drone. When recalibrating the controller the sick on the right hand side shows its on 5% when it isnt being touched. This only shows up if you start the recalibration process.

Has anyone had this issue before or know how to solve it?

Thanks

2021-1-22
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Well, first off, I would try a factory reset on the whole kit. You may have to use the "assistant" for that on your PC.
Go to a clear, calm, wide open area free from magnetic materials. and see how it behaves, and hopefully, will be corrected.
As a very last resort, you can try to "do an update", and see if that does it. I would use that as a last resort tho...
I have a Mav Gen I like you from that same era, and have never updated anything bird, controller, or batteries and all is fine.
Not hampered/nagged by the stuff DJI tossed in....My preference....
Try the resets first, and failing that, think carefully about doing an update, that may work for you......as a last resort...
2021-1-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

First recalibrate the RC and then the AC´s IMU and try to fly again. If you need to recalibrate the AC´s sensors then un may need to use DJI Assistant for Mavic on PC or Mac and AC connected to the PC/Mac and the Mavic system switched on.
2021-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Will.bond1. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking first whether your unit is up to date especially the remote. It can be done via the DJI GO 4 or the DJI Assistant 2. If everything is updated already, you can perform a firmware refresh thru the DJI Assistant 2 prior to doing another Remote Calibration to see if that helps. Please check also whether your DJI GO 4 is also updated.
2021-1-22
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Also something important worth mentioning is that taking off near steel can mess with the compass leading to all kinds of strange erratic behaviour. I used to have strange things happen similar to what you’re talking about, because I used to take off from concrete sidewalks containing lots of rebar. I have no problems now after re-calibrating everything and taking off from grass or asphalt.
2021-1-28
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

1) try doing an imu calibration along with a RC calibration, along with changing propellers.
2) if persists, try a factory reset w/ DJI Assistant on PC

If all fails, send to DJI for repair

GOOD LUCK!

2021-1-28
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, any luck with the fix?
2021-1-29
Use props