1384 7 2021-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft
Germany

Hello,

I just purchased a new Smart Controller, updated to latest firmware (as of today) and have the following problem:
Sometimes the whole Screen turns black, system isn't responding and after a while the following error message appears: System UI isn't responding.
It occours randomly but I think more often when I use funktion-button + 5D Stick for special commands.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks for your help.

2021-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, laduke. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. If you're still encountering the same problem, we recommend performing a firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 and see if that helps. Looking forward to your update.
2021-1-22
Use props
laduke
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks for your suggestion. I already have tried this, but the update to the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2 fails every time. (Interestingly it works with the two older firmwares). During the updating-process the Display of Smart Controller turns off and on all the time and finally says update failed. However, updating to the latest firmware works via regular Wlan-Controller-Update. I do also not have the Screen off/on problem during the updating. Only in the next step when the controller boots and is installing the update it shuts itself down 2 times and starts the installing process again and then finishes it.
2021-1-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

laduke Posted at 1-22 23:24
Thanks for your suggestion. I already have tried this, but the update to the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2 fails every time. (Interestingly it works with the two older firmwares). During the updating-process the Display of Smart Controller turns off and on all the time and finally says update failed. However, updating to the latest firmware works via regular Wlan-Controller-Update. I do also not have the Screen off/on problem during the updating. Only in the next step when the controller boots and is installing the update it shuts itself down 2 times and starts the installing process again and then finishes it.

Try doing factory reset.
2021-1-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

You may want to try doing the DJI Fly from DJI's website and installing it that way.  The Smart Controller is based on Android OS and of late DJI has been providing updates via side loading from their own website.  I have not figured out why this is but there must be some logical reasoning.
2021-1-23
Use props
laduke
lvl.2
Germany

Is it possible to do a "real" factory reset? Using the factory reset option within the controllers menu does not do that. It's not the same as launching up a brand new controller. Also is there a possibility to downgrade the firmware beyond the 3 options available in the DJI Assistant 2? How can I downgrade to V01.00.0700. This is the version before MA2 support.

Thanks.
2021-1-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

laduke Posted at 1-24 00:06
Is it possible to do a "real" factory reset? Using the factory reset option within the controllers menu does not do that. It's not the same as launching up a brand new controller. Also is there a possibility to downgrade the firmware beyond the 3 options available in the DJI Assistant 2? How can I downgrade to V01.00.0700. This is the version before MA2 support.

Thanks.

Hi Laduke,

former versions of the Assistent use to have a factory reset. I did that once when an update didn't want to install. It erased also all of the extra software I had on the SC.

For so far I know, you can't go further back on firmware as those shown in the Assistent 2.
2021-1-25
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

JohnDG Posted at 2021-1-25 04:53
Hi Laduke,

former versions of the Assistent use to have a factory reset. I did that once when an update didn't want to install. It erased also all of the extra software I had on the SC.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by clearing system UI process cache. https://thegeekpage.com/process-system-isnt-responding/
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules