New DJI Smart Controller
1140 3 2021-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paol
lvl.1

United States

So I recommended the New DJI Smart Controller to the Geomatics department at my office and the main question my boss has is if the smart controller does some kind of 2D or 3D grid free flights by itself or with the apps it lets you install. If not, we would connect a tablet to do the grids but wanted to know if it offers to do it by itself. Any idea?
2021-1-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

On default the Smart Controller runs the same apps as on your smart phone. It comes with a version of DJI Go4 and DJI Fly.  So, no extra standard functionalities of 2D or 3D grid mapping.

I installed Litchi and DroneLink on my SC. So, you can install 3rd party software on the SC.
Still have to start using them to map a preset flight to take the same pictures from the same angles when I start building my new house. But, both programs are working and are stable on the SC.
But no mapping out of the box.
2021-1-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 1-25 04:50
On default the Smart Controller runs the same apps as on your smart phone. It comes with a version of DJI Go4 and DJI Fly.  So, no extra standard functionalities of 2D or 3D grid mapping.

I installed Litchi and DroneLink on my SC. So, you can install 3rd party software on the SC.

on the sc (for litchi and dronelink) is that the amazon store app or the google play store apk?
2021-1-25
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

The Saint Posted at 1-25 15:37
on the sc (for litchi and dronelink) is that the amazon store app or the google play store apk?

the Litchi came from the Google store. I never used the amazon store.

I think the DroneLink, I downloaded the apk from their webside and copied it on a SD card to install. I bought DroneLink from the supplier.I don't think it is on the Google play store.
2021-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules