1108 1 2021-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uzaveEVuo3hJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18022 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Everyone.

Im a new drone pilot and have a DJI Mini 2 which was absolutely brilliant until todays flight which scared me to death.

I have flown the drone 5 times before and had no issues at all and was building confidenc.
I always calibrate compass and have watched many hours of drone videos regarding this specific drone.

About 1000 meters out my RC signal was Full but i had a disconnect between phone and controller. I had no idea what to do as was waiting for it to connect again and didn't (after waiting 5 minutes) I didn't unplug or resrart the app as didn't know if this would make things worse.
In the end i held return to home (controller beeped) and after a while i could hear the the amazing noise of the drone.
It came back down but had to pause landing as was a little off but phone screen was still blank so had to grab out of air.

The video on drone stopped recording when i lost connection to phone and then restarted later on and recoded the landing (video on phone stopped when connection failed) but video of landing started again on SD card on drone.

I had 2 wind warning before turning back and loosing connection but my RC was still full. Does this sound like a fault with drone or phone? It has made me loose confidence in flying now and look forward to hearing your views.
Many thanks in advance

Sam
2021-1-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sam. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please try using a different recommended mobile device  to see if the issue will still persist? DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules