Assistant 2 For Mavic will not recognize Smart Controller
4738 9 2021-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_Dronesmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1970732 ft
United States

I'm running windows 10 and using the latest version of Assistant 2 For Mavic and the APP will not recognize the smart controller...       When I attempt to install the update using the controller by itself I get an "insufficient memory available" message.    Why won't the app recognize the smart controller, it always has in the past????

2021-1-23
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure to reset the smart controller and take out the sd card. It says insufficient memory because you have a lot of apps so your going to have to reinstall the third party apps. And then open assitant 2 and update, it should be able to recognize the controller and install the update.
2021-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, The_Dronesmith. Thanks for reaching out! Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking the version of the DJI Assistant 2 you're currently installed on your Windows device. For Windows, make sure that it's on V2.0.14. If the same problem persists, please check whether the storage for the Smart Remote Controller can be detected by your Windows device. Kindly keep us updated.
2021-1-23
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue as Dronesmith. Tried different cables, reboot, and making sure Assistant 2 up to date. Never had problems updating previously.

Only way around was to update via Wi-Fi.
2021-1-24
Use props
Jschultz
New
Flight distance : 18783 ft
United States

Similar problem. Assistant 2 does not recognize rc at at all. Nothing happen when I connect via USB. Also, the lights on the rc are very very dim. The screen on the rc comes up perfectly, but will not pair with drone. So very frustrating.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jschultz Posted at 5-18 18:40
Similar problem. Assistant 2 does not recognize rc at at all. Nothing happen when I connect via USB. Also, the lights on the rc are very very dim. The screen on the rc comes up perfectly, but will not pair with drone. So very frustrating.

Hi, Jschultz. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are you referring to the DJI RC? If yes, what specific DJI Assistant 2 version did you try using? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software or changing the cable used? And by "lights" that are very dim, are you referring to the LED lights? If possible, kindly post a short video showing the issue for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-19
Use props
JoniBach
lvl.1

Ukraine

Same issue for me. I have a new mini 4 pro and RC.
Mac with the latest Sonoma 14.13.1
Using the latest DJI Assistant download today from DJI's website. However, at the end of successful installation, it launches the installation of HoRNDIS which fails with the following error: This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.
I launch the Assistant and connect the RC with the DJI USB C cable and nothing happens. App does not recognize the drone.
Please advise ASAP.

PS- I need to update the firmware because the DC is switching to the Home Screen during flight which is pretty acary.

why can't we update the RC's firmware directly via wifi?

Thanks
j
2-10 00:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JoniBach Posted at 2-10 00:48
Same issue for me. I have a new mini 4 pro and RC.
Mac with the latest Sonoma 14.13.1
Using the latest DJI Assistant download today from DJI's website. However, at the end of successful installation, it launches the installation of HoRNDIS which fails with the following error: This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific version of DJI Assistant 2 software you downloaded? Try to uninstall the current version on your computer then please make sure to download the DJI Assistant 2 consumer drone version or click the link below then check if there are any changes. Please keep us posted for further assistance.

https://www.dji.com/sg/downloads ... sumer-drones-series
2-10 02:23
Use props
JoniBach
lvl.1

Mozambique

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-10 02:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific version of DJI Assistant 2 software you downloaded? Try to uninstall the current version on your computer then please make sure to download the DJI Assistant 2 consumer drone version or click the link below then check if there are any changes. Please keep us posted for further assistance.

https://www.dji.com/sg/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I am using version v1.2.4
2-10 12:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JoniBach Posted at 2-10 12:04
I am using version v1.2.4

Thank you for your response. The DJI Assistant 2 version you have mentioned is for older drones like Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Spark, etc. Please download using the link that I have provided above and install it on your computer to use the software. If you still experience an issue with this version, please take a screenshot of the error message and send it to us. Hope this helps.
2-12 01:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules