OSMO POCKET 2 ISSUE * SELFIE AUTOMATIC ON START
19682 26 2021-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeSmith
lvl.1

Canada

Hi

The new device is tripping itself by going onto "selfie" mode once I powered it up, I cannot find a way to get rid of this, tried to reset the settings. Before I was forced to activate this device through the registartion/app website of DJI and then downloading some firmware update, it never did this.

I never had this issue with Osmo Pocket 1 and doing a reset of the settings always got rid of everything. Help.....its annoying, how do we get rid of this? I don't want selfie mode everytime I start this device, I want the device to work normally not go on selfie mode everytime it starts. Sometimes less innovation is better then overdoing, it would be great if the device worked simply like the Pocket 1.

Thanks

2021-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JoeSmith. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. We recommend checking whether your DJI Pocket 2 is updated to its latest firmware version. If it wasn't, please have it updated and see whether that would help resolve the issue.

2021-1-23
Use props
JoeSmith
lvl.1

Canada

Hi

As indicated previously "then downloading some firmware update" I already accepted the firmware update earlier in the process from the app/phone, strangely this small bug has started ever since. Why is the "selfie" mode the default on-start view, once the device starts? Don't understand.....I have to manually ask the gimbal to shift modes (which it does).

2021-1-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

With the new firmware, you press the function button to start in 'normal' mode, or the power button to start in 'selfie' mode.  It's not a bug, it's a new feature.  And I rather suspect the new way is how it was supposed to work from the outset, but it didn't.  It will be intuitive to anyone who had the previous model, as that's how it worked there - except for the lack of the power button on the side, so selfie startup wasn't possible.
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JoeSmith. If you're running the latest version of the DJI Pocket 2 V01.02.00.50, we have added the ability to choose the direction wherein the camera would be facing once turned on. Press and hold the Power button to power on with the camera facing the user and press and hold the Function button to power on with the camera facing forward.

2021-1-25
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

As previous post have stated - it's not a bug, it's meant to do that and is listed in the update release notes.  Gives you a choice.
2021-1-25
Use props
JoeSmith
lvl.1

Canada

thanks for the guidance " Press and hold the Power button to power on with the camera facing the user and press and hold the Function button to power on with the camera facing forward." this solves the issue
2021-1-25
Use props
ImFlying!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28173 ft
United States

Yes I had same issue thinking is was a bug. But I now realize it’s a feature of new firmware. It’s works fine now that I’m pushing the correct power button. Cheers!
2021-1-28
Use props
RENDO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1630761 ft
Slovakia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-25 02:37
Hi, JoeSmith. If you're running the latest version of the DJI Pocket 2 V01.02.00.50, we have added the ability to choose the direction wherein the camera would be facing once turned on. Press and hold the Power button to power on with the camera facing the user and press and hold the Function button to power on with the camera facing forward.

[view_image]

Hi. I have the same problem, but unfortunately doesn't work like you are writing. I have a Pocket 2 with FW version 02.01.00.20 and after turning on, it is one or I'll be a Power button or the function button, always turns on in Selfie Mode and always only in 1080p30 resolution. I also have a Pocket 1 camera and this never does. The priority for me is shooting in 4K and I never use 1080p mode. In this form, the camera is unusable for me.
2021-8-1
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

It would be more logic the opposite, you press the front button, and the camera faces you. But what can you do
2021-8-2
Use props
djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw
lvl.1
Germany

I have the exact same issue with version 02.01.00.20. Very annoying and not what I have expected.

When will that be corrected? I don't mind which button it is.
2021-8-19
Use props
djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw
lvl.1
Germany

There is no way to change the startup behaviour.

It drives me crazy and loses time and drains battery to flip every time from selfie mode to normal mode.

You advertise this as a camera and not as a vlogging device only, so change that, please. Or make it configurable.
2021-8-19
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw Posted at 8-19 20:59
There is no way to change the startup behaviour.

It drives me crazy and loses time and drains battery to flip every time from selfie mode to normal mode.

Start using function Button not Power Button
2021-8-19
Use props
djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw
lvl.1
Germany

No, this is exactly my point, with the mentioned version  02.01.00.20 it is the same behaviour with both buttons.

Please change this back, DJI.
2021-8-19
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw Posted at 8-19 23:14
No, this is exactly my point, with the mentioned version  02.01.00.20 it is the same behaviour with both buttons.

It is one of the other million required updates
2021-8-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw Posted at 8-19 23:14

You seem to be the first person to report this problem, so your device must be faulty.
2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw
lvl.1
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-20 14:25
You seem to be the first person to report this problem, so your device must be faulty.

Not the first one, the OP also has this issue.
2021-8-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw Posted at 8-20 22:11
Not the first one, the OP also has this issue.

Carefully read the whole thread.  The OP did not understand the functions of the buttons, and once it was explained to him, he said the issue was solved.
2021-8-21
Use props
djiuser_ggqlrGtvHWkw
lvl.1
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-21 13:58
Carefully read the whole thread.  The OP did not understand the functions of the buttons, and once it was explained to him, he said the issue was solved.

You are right. It was not the OP, it was user "RENDO" who reported the same issue.
2021-8-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Well, it looks then as if for a small number of users, this update didn't install properly, giving rise to the behaviours you and Rendo have described.  Hopefully someone at DJI, or another user, will describe how to reinstall the update in some way.  Once correctly installed, this firmware will address your concern.
2021-8-22
Use props
snowmen
lvl.1
Germany

I noticed that this is probably a demo product, showing "display demo" on the camera and the package.

Handed it back to the vendor.
2021-8-24
Use props
MichalBre
lvl.1

Poland

Hi, I have got the same problem with my Pocket 2. It's also have same Firmware 02.01.00.20. and it's Display Demo on the camera. Same problem - always on selfie mode when I hit power-off button. I try also Function button - it's same. I found that there is a button in DJI APP - that I can choose selfie mode each time I turn on camera or not. It's also not working with my Pocket 2. Another problem is that when I connect my Pocket  2 to my iPhone there is no information about latest firmware update. According to info which I found it should notice me about new Firmware 1.03 - which include HDR recording. I don't have this option in my camera. Does any body else got same problem? I will be glad for support. How can I update my camera? OR - does Display Demo product got some limitations? (Seller said before I purchase that camera that Display Demo product it's full working product same as normal). Anyone from DJI team can help to solve it? Looking forward
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_BfN3Af953VxN
New

Turkey

I had a this problem too. But now i understand how to do it.
1) If i open the dji pocket 2 with power button, it is selfie mode
2) ıf i open the dji pocket 2 with function button (hold), it is normal mode
I hope this answer helps you
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_39vAsZoxGzd2
New

Poland

Hello..
I have the same problem with DJI Pocket 2, this software is a total misunderstanding!

Every time I want to record something, I have to change the camera orientation, set the resolution to 4K and turn on the PRO function, in addition, after ~ 2 minutes, the camera switches back to selfie mode, lowers the resolution to 1080p, turns off the PRO mode and again you have to do everything set up from the beginning. Who invented it, after all, this camera cannot be used normally now?!

Since I set something to my preferences, it should be remembered, as in any equipment of this type, and not that the camera decides for me and resets my settings every time I turn it off or idle.

Not everyone is a vlogger and needs to talk to the camera lens, but only wants to use DJI Pocket 2 as normal.

This is quite a nice piece of equipment, but I am forced to return it, it is a waste of my time and nerves to operate it - a pity.

Best regards..
2022-6-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This is not normal behaviour - it would appear that your camera is defective and should be exchanged.
2022-6-5
Use props
Pnowicki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30354 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same issue here. Camera says Display demo on the side. DJI Mimi app won't show new firmware to update, camera defaults to 1080P/30 mode always and always starts in selfie mode no matter what button is used to power it on.  can someone from DJI please chime in if this can be fixed. or are these Display Demo cameras simply junk?
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_6s7aqpwDcImk
New

Malaysia

My dji pocket 2 turn all the way to left and later right in fast speed when power on. Is that an issue i should be concerned?
1-3 01:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules