DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, cannot connect
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigLsells
lvl.1

United States

I have two of these drone packages (DJI Phantom 3 Advanced). Both were given to me. One works perfectly, I put my tablet on the remote, connect the cable, power the remote on and the app launches and away I go.

I was told the other unit did not work, firmware update didn't take or some other issue. When I do the exact same procedure with that one, connect tablet and fire up the remote, nothing. The app does not launch, nothing. I can launch the app myself but it never says "remote connected" like it does on the working unit.

I swapped the small usb control boards from the backside of the remotes to see if that was the issue, it was not, it did not change anything.

Any clues as to what I might try to get this remote working? Can it be hooked to a computer to see what is going on with it?

thanks in advance,

Lawrence

**add .. I have tried all the different settings in android btw, this tablet does work perfect with one unit.
2021-1-23
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

What kind of help can a Dji CUSTOMER expect AT THIS FORUM? NONE
2021-2-25
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 2-25 04:03
What kind of help can a Dji CUSTOMER expect AT THIS FORUM? NONE

Pretty negative comment, not at all helpful!

The set that doesn't work. Never mind the App Turn the RC and the drone on.
What do the rear drone lights do? What does the left hand light on the RC do, what colour are they all?
2021-2-25
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

cheddar-man Posted at 2-25 04:45
Pretty negative comment, not at all helpful!

The set that doesn't work. Never mind the App Turn the RC and the drone on.

I've been uploading posts for months that should have been answered and they have been ......... it's to be fed up with incompetent

you know im talking about .... Stay safe mate
2021-2-25
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 2-25 09:47
I've been uploading posts for months that should have been answered and they have been ......... it's to be fed up with incompetent

you know im talking about .... Stay safe mate

Yes I do, waste of time but us enthusiasts are always around to help when we can
2021-2-25
Use props
bigLsells
lvl.1

United States

When I turn both the remote and the AC on the remote light turns green, occasionally flashing, but green. The AC rear lights flash three colors and then eventually just flash yellow. I can move the camera down slightly with the wheel on the RC but that's all I can control.
2021-2-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Have you read the manual?

My instinct would be to try to link the controller to the AC by following the procedure in the manual.

The P3A/P came out in spring of 2015.  There are not a whole lot of people flying the P3A/P these days relative to the other DJI drones.  The advantage of these older drones is somebody somewhere has certainly had this same problem at some point over the past six years, have most likely posted a similar thread on it, and chances are excellent the solution could be found with a search rather than a posted question which requires waiting for a response.  There's also the phantompilots forum with a huge knowledge base.  Good luck.  
2021-2-28
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

bigLsells Posted at 2-27 10:38
When I turn both the remote and the AC on the remote light turns green, occasionally flashing, but green. The AC rear lights flash three colors and then eventually just flash yellow. I can move the camera down slightly with the wheel on the RC but that's all I can control.

Sorry for late reply. Aircraft stats lights from the manual:
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules