Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello DJi
After last updates of DJi Fly and firmware, I experience a few black screens from App.
Practically the DJi Fly is going to black screen, reset, restart.
I do not know if MA2 is losing signal in this time, but seems that is not making the RTH.
This is a very dangerous situation.
Please check asap as this will go to a warranty in case of crash, as I believe is a bug from app.
Never had this before.
Phone is P30 Pro, I reinstalled the app clean, still same problems
Last FW, last Fly 1.2.2 from DJi site, all at last versions.
Not good, DJi, not good.
Anyone else experienced this black screen and reinitialisation of the App in flight?

2021-1-24
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello, I also have the p30 pro with the latest dji fly update and I had no black screen worries, deleted the app empty the cache restart your phone and reinstall the app. Sometimes it can solve the problems.
Otherwise try going back to the previous version of the app to see if the problem persists.
2021-1-24
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

2021-1-24
Use props
mafozi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2590108 ft
Bulgaria

I use P30pro too with all latest app+firm without any problem for MA2
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FB: GeoDrone4K. Thanks for reaching out! Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. If you have a spare mobile device, we recommend testing it out and see whether you would encounter the same result. Please let us know also the Android Version of your P30 Pro and upload the Crash Log folder of the DJI Fly. It can be found under this directory: Local folder/DJI/dji.go.v5/LOG/CRASH. We suggest uploading the whole folder in either DropBox or GoogleDrive.
2021-1-24
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

2021-1-24
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

VanzPix Posted at 1-24 00:31
Hello, I also have the p30 pro with the latest dji fly update and I had no black screen worries, deleted the app empty the cache restart your phone and reinstall the app. Sometimes it can solve the problems.
Otherwise try going back to the previous version of the app to see if the problem persists.

Tks, I always delete all and reinstall fresh if I have an issue...this seems to appear after last Android update for security from Huawei...Or is just a random match...
Still, I did another 4 flight after all reinstalled, in 1 case the screen got black and app restarted...in rest was fine...still, the unusual thing is that in that 7-9 seconds as it was black and restarted, the MA2 remained in air, without entering in RTH, as it is always set. This worries me, as the drone was at around 200 meters in visual site.
Also DJI, the compass from middle low screen was very useful, as I can get also the Map and compass in order to know where is heading the drone...Now the compass is over the Map, in my opinion not so good as you always need to know where is the drone in order to maximize the signal by orienting to it.Can we have some flexibility and configure the Screen ?
Is much easier to let the people choose what needs to display on screen and what not (a configurable interface), is not hard to make as you already have all interface and just need to enable or disable visual objects.
2021-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope they will fix this!
2021-1-25
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

It seems that also Mini 2 owners have same problem, app crashing randomly...is not only MA2....
2021-1-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It appears that the app is crashing when signal is lost on some Android devices.  This is appears to be primarily on unsupported devices.  

DJI just released a new version of the DJI Fly app v1.2.4 for Android it still has to be manually installed.  Here is the link https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly.  Hopefully, it resolves this issue.
2021-1-25
Use props
Text
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is definitely a thing for me.  I'm on Android 11 Pixel 3 and using 1.4.0
2021-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules