Will "Refurbished" drone from BuyDig qualify for DJI Care Refresh?
4815 5 2021-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danbo98042
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107149 ft
United States

Hi,
     I am considering buying a drone from buydig through their Ebay offerings. The listing is titled:
DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Quadcopter Fly More Combo Renewed with Remote Bundle                        
DJI, Brand New, Authorized Dealer | Full USA Warranty     

The Condition is: Seller refurbished

I understand that BuyDig is associated with Beach Camera and they are a DJI authorized dealer but the wording of the ad doesn't quite seem in line with DJI policy on warranty and Care Refresh. I may be worrying over nothing but I really don't want to buy a Mavic Air 2 without the Care Refresh.
     I asked someone at BuyDig about this and they referred me to DJI. Does anybody have any experience buying "Renewed" from BuyDig?
     Thanks!
     Dan

2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Dan. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I think my colleague has previously replied to your post here.

Should you have further inquiries. Please do not hesitate to reach us on any of our social media platforms. We'll try our best to help.
2021-1-24
Use props
danbo98042
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-24 07:59
Hi, Dan. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I think my colleague has previously replied to your post here.

Should you have further inquiries. Please do not hesitate to reach us on any of our social media platforms. We'll try our best to help.

Thank you for your response. Actually I asked two different questions because there are two different situations. I would still like to know if a "Renewed" drone from BuyDig qualifies for purchase of DJI Care Refresh?

Thank you,
Dan

2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

danbo98042 Posted at 1-24 12:45
Thank you for your response. Actually I asked two different questions because there are two different situations. I would still like to know if a "Renewed" drone from BuyDig qualifies for purchase of DJI Care Refresh?

Thank you,

Hey Dan. We wish to inform you to the best of our knowledge. Would you be specific and define "Renewed"? As far as purchasing the DJI Care Refresh service plan, you can purchase it as long as the unit has no previous record of the said service plan, and this defines your question in your post "refurbished".

Let us know the details, Dan. We're hoping we made it somehow clear. Thank you.
2021-1-24
Use props
danbo98042
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-24 13:02
Hey Dan. We wish to inform you to the best of our knowledge. Would you be specific and define "Renewed"? As far as purchasing the DJI Care Refresh service plan, you can purchase it as long as the unit has no previous record of the said service plan, and this defines your question in your post "refurbished".

Let us know the details, Dan. We're hoping we made it somehow clear. Thank you.

Hi, Thank you for responding so quickly.
Here is a link to the BuyDig Ebay listing that I am writing about:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/333857441226

I asked BuyDig if the drone would qualify for DJI Care Refresh and they told me to ask DJI. Part of the confusion, for me, is the seller uses the word "Renewed" in one place and the word "Refurbished" in another.

Maybe I should ask - If it is BuyDig (or Beach Camera) that does the actual Renewing/Refurbishing does that qualify for purchase of DJI Care Refresh? (As opposed to someone at DJI doing the refurbishing)

Thanks again,
Dan
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

danbo98042 Posted at 1-24 13:19
Hi, Thank you for responding so quickly.
Here is a link to the BuyDig Ebay listing that I am writing about:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/333857441226

Hi Dan, refurbished products are available at the DJI Online Store and other online platforms, it can also be purchased from authorized DJI dealers. For all refurbished products, the fifth from last character will be "S"or "R", you may check the serial number to identify a refurbished product. By the way, you can purchase DJI Care for a refurbished product. The coverage amount will be the same as for a new product.
For more information, please check this website: https://store.dji.com/pages/refurbished?from=store-pc-nav
2021-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules