Apple or Anroid?
836 17 2021-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

At the moment I am using my Samsung S10e with the mini 2. Works fine. But I think I prefer a larger screen, I think, as I am not able to test it. Maybe other users can say something about it?

So I am looking between these 2: Apple iPad mini 5 or a Samsung S6 lite.  Besides the price, what are cons and pros?
I read somewhere, the Fly app, or even DJI would be a bit better on Apple products.

Thanks....

2021-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IOS seems to get the app updates first. You can automate the update process as the app is in the App Store and the Apple hardware and support is second to none.
2021-1-24
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

With iOS you get to control the charging of the device...big plus.

I imagine iOS is better. But android is fine.
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Geeforce. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the iPad Mini 5 or the Samsung S6 Lite when flying there DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when operating your DJI Mini 2 for reliability and compatibility on the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post a link where in you can see the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-1-24
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-24 20:02
Hello there Geeforce. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the iPad Mini 5 or the Samsung S6 Lite when flying there DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when operating your DJI Mini 2 for reliability and compatibility on the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post a link where in you can see the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Thanks for your reply and I understand you have to reply with this answer. I also understand that DJI is not able to test every device. But if so many people are reporting that device X are working fine, why doesn't DJI use a list like: working according to users?

As my S10e works fine, in fact, I read something about black screens, but I am not able to reproduce. And also ipad mini 5 shoud work, if 4 works, then 5 for sure.
2021-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Galaxy Tab S6 and it is a very nice set up.  Much easier to see than a small mobile device.
2021-1-25
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

I have the Samsung S6 lite but not had a chance to test it yet.
still using my s9 cell phone, ill let you know if i get a chance this weekend.
2021-1-25
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 09:30
IOS seems to get the app updates first. You can automate the update process as the app is in the App Store and the Apple hardware and support is second to none.

Commentators curse - Android version of Fly went to 1.2.4 today. IOS still at 1.2.2
2021-1-25
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 1-25 09:27
Commentators curse - Android version of Fly went to 1.2.4 today. IOS still at 1.2.2
Hehe. Curious about the release notes. Playstore still at 1.2.1
2021-1-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I prefer IOS/Apple.  It just seems more stable to me from personal experience as both a user and developer.  But Apple products are significantly more expensive and I often feel that the stability of the IOS platform does not justify the cost for many applications.  
2021-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gelert Posted at 1-25 09:27

Wasn't that just to support the smart controller though.
2021-1-26
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 00:18
Wasn't that just to support the smart controller though.

No idea - can't find any info on the update and I'm IOS anyway so not too worried.

Not sure what's going on with DJI software updates lately - info on their content seems to lag way behind.
2021-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gelert Posted at 1-26 01:48
No idea - can't find any info on the update and I'm IOS anyway so not too worried.

Not sure what's going on with DJI software updates lately - info on their content seems to lag way behind.

Its listed in this thread. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 438&pid=2403887

Big thing is in app updates for android.
2021-1-26
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 04:29
Its listed in this thread. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=234438&pid=2403887

Big thing is in app updates for android.

I've now seen that thanks

As you say  - the big thing is direct updates for Android users. Seem to recall this was an issue some time ago.
2021-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gelert Posted at 1-26 08:29
I've now seen that thanks

As you say  - the big thing is direct updates for Android users. Seem to recall this was an issue some time ago.

Sounds like they aren't planning on going back to the google play store anytime soon.
2021-1-27
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 01:27
Sounds like they aren't planning on going back to the google play store anytime soon.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the recent Trump restriction on DJI technology transfer
2021-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gelert Posted at 1-27 02:01
Wonder if it has anything to do with the recent Trump restriction on DJI technology transfer

Maybe,  but then Apple would do the same and surely they would pull the app too.
2021-1-27
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 02:12
Maybe,  but then Apple would do the same and surely they would pull the app too.

Good thinking - but the IOS version is still at 1.2.2
2021-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules