Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First flight a no go Mavic pro screen says No FLY
533 3 2021-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sterk03
lvl.2
United States

So I finally after endless u-tube  videos on the Smart Controller go to a local field where I fly RC Airplanes for my first flight.
I use AIRMAP in the past and I plug in my details and to stay below the 100ft limit.  I start up the drone and update the compass and then see I have a Do not fly in controlled airspace.

Yes I know that but the limit is under 100 feet they give you authorization to fly.  SO my question is why did the drone say NO GO.  I thought then I must download the AIRMAP onto the smart controller and then if realizes I have a clearance but nothing is mentioned about this.  Can someone chime in here why the drone is not allowing flight and how  would it get the info that it is legal to fly underneath the Control Zone?

I returned home which is still in  the 5 miles airspace from the airport and signed into Airmap and it said clear to go stay below 200ft. I turn on the drone to see what it says and it says cleared to fly but your in the Control Zone and a Red drone symbol but it did not say do not fly!  SO at my home the underneath altitude is 200 feet. To me there is no difference between the flying field and my house other then the altitude is higher because I'm further from the airport. SO what is the way to get both  apps to talk to each other or what is the proper method to get the drone to fly below the ceiling of the Control ZoneLegaly, The airspace is on the Drone map but its like no flying period yet that is not correct?

Thanks

Sterk03
2021-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.
2021-1-24
Use props
Sterk03
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 10:15
Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.

Thanks new to the site. I will do that

Sterk03
2021-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sterk03 Posted at 1-24 10:29
Thanks new to the site. I will do that

Sterk03