Mimo app exporting vertical video
4640 7 2021-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ColinS
lvl.1
United States

Aloha,

I'm having some difficulty with the Mimo app exporting vertical video even though it was shot in landscape.  Details: Using an iphone 11 (iOS 14.3) and the front camera with the OM4 and the Mimo app (v1.5.11).  All video is filmed in landscape and in the iOS environment it is displayed correctly.  However, when downloaded to a PC to edit in Vegas Pro 14, I only get vertical orientation (attached mimo 1).  The only workaround I could find was to capture the screen on an ipad in the "correct" aspect and export the screen capture.  Sometimes thumbnails show vertical and sometimes horizontal (attached mimi 2).

I would welcome any thoughts on this oddity.  Is there a way to lock the mimo app to a 16:9 ratio?  I cannot see any situation where I would film vertical.  

Screen capture from Vegas 14

Screen capture from Vegas 14
Mimo 2.JPG
2021-1-24
Use props
_djiguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80410 ft
United Kingdom

Have you got your phone's orientation locked? you'll find it in the iPhone command control
2021-2-3
Use props
ColinS
lvl.1
United States

_djiguy Posted at 2-3 07:34
Have you got your phone's orientation locked? you'll find it in the iPhone command control

Thank you for the message. I haven’t messed with the phone orientation lock when in the Mimo App. However, most of what I’ve seen would indicate that orientation lock is only to lock in portrait versus landscape. I seen some work around that allow you to lock in landscape with a AssistiveTouch. Is this what you are referring to? Thank you again
2021-2-7
Use props
Ron Francis
New
United States

I have same vertical export problem from iPhone 12 max pro shot with om4 and edited in Premier Pro CS6.  When I shoot with same phone without om4 I get correct 1920x1080 import.
2021-2-10
Use props
HigginsDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76368 ft
United States

Same problem with an iPhone 11 Max Pro connected to the Osmo Mobile 3. And no, it's not iphone "orientation lock"
Just did 3 video landscape shots in a row, with filmic pro, native iphone app and Mimo
Filmic pro and app did a mov, shown correctly on iphone and on PC after upload.
Mimo creates an mp4, shows it correctly on iphone,  but is in portrait mode after upload to PC.

Now, you could say it's the MP4 upload that is the culprit, but my DJI Mavic Pro MP4 uploads  dont have that problem !!!

2021-4-2
Use props
ColinS
lvl.1
United States

HigginsDJI Posted at 4-2 17:38
Same problem with an iPhone 11 Max Pro connected to the Osmo Mobile 3. And no, it's not iphone "orientation lock"
Just did 3 video landscape shots in a row, with filmic pro, native iphone app and Mimo
Filmic pro and app did a mov, shown correctly on iphone and on PC after upload.

Thank you for the input. It’s disappointing to see so many people with this problem, but at least I’m not going crazy.Hopefully they’ll come up with a fix soon, this makes it impossible to “trust” the app with a critical shoot.
2021-4-2
Use props
ColinS
lvl.1
United States

That is an interesting workaround. Previously, I ended up doing a screen grab in the proper orientation. “Editing“ the clip in the proper orientation and saving sounds like a much faster solution. Thanks!
2021-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules