Problem Viewing MP4 video files
1149 5 2021-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TedP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 561 ft
United States

I recently purchased a Mavic Mini, and when I took a video in flight, and then downloaded it off of the SD card, loaded it on my Mac, and tried to read/view it with many types of video apps/players, none of them could read it.  It was about 900MB.

Any thoughts?  Thanks much

Ted
2021-1-24
Use props
Ivan C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103455 ft
Australia

Hi Ted, Were you able to view it while still connected to the RC unit?  or alternatively, open it direct from the SD card.
2021-1-24
Use props
TedP
lvl.1
United States

Ivan, Thanks for your reply.  I haven't tried to access it yet while hooked up to the  RC unit.  I'll try that and report back.  Appreciate your help.

Ted
2021-1-25
Use props
TedP
lvl.1
United States

Ivan (and Tom from DJI Technical Support),

I think the problem is resolved.  I don't know why the original video file I was having problems with got corrupted, but I took some more videos, and I viewed them successfully while connected to the RC unit and drone, and I also downloaded them successfully  from the app and viewed them fine on my iPhone.  I also removed the SD card, and copied them onto my MacBook, and read them successfully from there as well.  The original (corrupted? file) doesn't even show up on the SD card anywhere, and I didn't reformat the card, so I'm not sure where it went.  I'm just happy now that I have both methods working now and the MP4 files can be read just fine.

Thanks much for your help!

Ted
2021-1-25
Use props
Ivan C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103455 ft
Australia

TedP Posted at 1-25 11:14
Ivan (and Tom from DJI Technical Support),

I think the problem is resolved.  I don't know why the original video file I was having problems with got corrupted, but I took some more videos, and I viewed them successfully while connected to the RC unit and drone, and I also downloaded them successfully  from the app and viewed them fine on my iPhone.  I also removed the SD card, and copied them onto my MacBook, and read them successfully from there as well.  The original (corrupted? file) doesn't even show up on the SD card anywhere, and I didn't reformat the card, so I'm not sure where it went.  I'm just happy now that I have both methods working now and the MP4 files can be read just fine.

That's great Ted.  I hope you enjoy your experience with the Mavic Mini as much as I do.
2021-1-26
Use props
dm707
lvl.1
United States

What software is used to view the video on the Mac? I have a Mac Studio and downloaded a test 870mb video from SD card to my desktop. DJI phone support not helpful at all. It says 'Quicktime doesn't support this file'. I bought Elmedia software and it opens the file but then plays nothing for about half a second. DJI is telling me I have to return the entire brand new drone and brand new SanDisk memory card which doesn't make sense. This is almost certainly a software issue.

I can't get DJI Assistant 2 to connect to my drone either. Something else phone support wouldn't begin to help me with. First tech person argued with me that it wasn't even needed as it's just a backup.
2022-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules