2021-1-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And welcome Mini 2 owner!
I ditched the Mavic Pro and got a M2 because of the new regulations.
2021-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow,   what a location.  Nicely done.     
2021-1-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Montfrooij Posted at 1-25 01:38
And welcome Mini 2 owner!
I ditched the Mavic Pro and got a M2 because of the new regulations.

Not only, M2 is 3 times lighter, smaller, and cheaper than MP AND the camera IS BETTER!!! After some tests, I am about to sell my E2P as M2 is doing the job good enough and even better in certain scenarios (thou camera on E2P is a lot better )
2021-1-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

alex_markov Posted at 1-25 02:32
Not only, M2 is 3 times lighter, smaller, and cheaper than MP AND the camera IS BETTER!!! After some tests, I am about to sell my E2P as M2 is doing the job good enough and even better in certain scenarios (thou camera on E2P is a lot better  )

I just don't like the contrasty profile of the M2.
If only they would allow for adjustments in that department.
But flying is a breeze with it.
And the weight is incredible.
2021-1-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Montfrooij Posted at 1-25 02:50
I just don't like the contrasty profile of the M2.
If only they would allow for adjustments in that department.
But flying is a breeze with it.

It's not 1" sensor for sure and certainly lack the dynamic range of bigger cameras - but is good enough for now
2021-1-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

alex_markov Posted at 1-25 03:24
It's not 1" sensor for sure and certainly lack the dynamic range of bigger cameras - but is good enough for now

I feel exactly the same.
2021-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing footage and excellent flying.
2021-1-25
Use props
vindibona1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206991 ft
United States

Beautiful footage Alex.  But I'm going to be nit-picky (not sure how to say that in Russian... суетливый?).
You weren't really all that close to anything and not doing complex maneuvers.  Also, while a few movements could have been edited in post, there were a few moves, while for general production more than passable,  I would not consider quite smooth enough for me to consider including in my finished projects.

Again, my complaint is that the reaction to stick movement just off of center is almost nothing, only with just a touch more speeds up exponentially.  THERE IS NO SMOOTH RAMPING *UP* of forwards/backwards/sideways movement, while when you get to middle-to-last part of the stick movement, the difference in movement is far more gradual... but you're already at a reasonable speed.

If you've ever flown an M2 in Tripod mode you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.  It's almost impossible to get jerky movements, albeit the max speed in that mode is only 2.5mph (1.12 m/s or 4kmph).   When I had a Mini 1 (and M2 simultaneously) I never thought that the C mode was as smooth as the M2's tripod mode.  The Mini 2 isn't nearly as easy to control in tight situations as either the Mini 1 or M2.

If you want to try something Alex, instead of flying in a wide open area, try filming the interior of your home and see if you feel the same way.   Perhaps you're a better pilot than I am, but if, for the most part, the Mini 2 is a often used by new pilots, you'd think that DJI would take that into consideration and perhaps create one more mode as they do for beginners, where one could be in C mode and in the app turn on  a "beginner slo-mo" mode.  Just a thought.
2021-1-25
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Cool place!
2021-1-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

vindibona1 Posted at 1-25 08:21
Beautiful footage Alex.  But I'm going to be nit-picky (not sure how to say that in Russian... суетливый?).
You weren't really all that close to anything and not doing complex maneuvers.  Also, while a few movements could have been edited in post, there were a few moves, while for general production more than passable,  I would not consider quite smooth enough for me to consider including in my finished projects.

I am not Russian
And I am not arguing, you feel not OK with controls so this is a problem. For me, I had MP than M2P  than Autel E2P, and now Mini 2, and I feel Mini 2 better in tight spots than the rest (soon I'll post flight inside a lot more dense cave filled with trees and bushes). But yes I never used nither Tripod nor Cinematic mode
I Just share my settings and they suit me well, wish You happy flying and a recent solution.
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alex_markov. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this excellent video you have filmed. The cave looks amazing. Great work and fly safe always.
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules