2190 4 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SGroleau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3478727 ft
Canada

Hello,

With Smart Controller, in manual mode, is it possible to set the camera setting dial on shutter speed, not aperture? For photography, I hardly ever change the aperture.

Thanks!
2021-1-25
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi SGroleau,

Manual mode is really manual. You have to set everything. There is no Shutter priority or Aperture priority possible like on a DSLR.
If you set your aperture to a certain number, you can just change the shutter speed. Most of the time I just set the aperture to a certain value (f4) and then change the shutter speed.
2021-1-25
Use props
SGroleau
lvl.4
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 1-25 04:32
Hi SGroleau,

Manual mode is really manual. You have to set everything. There is no Shutter priority or Aperture priority possible like on a DSLR.

I understand that, i'm photographer.  I just want to be able to assign the control of the shutter speed  to the "camera setting dial" (the wheel at the right on the smart controller). By default it change the aperture, and this is stupid for drone photography.
2021-1-25
Use props
SGroleau
lvl.4
Canada

2021-1-25
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

unfortunatly, you can't change the function of that dial.

What I did is to set the left and right functionality of the 5D knob to respectively EAV- and EAV+

My "camera dial" changes the aperture, my 5D knob changes the EAV, left = down, right = up. Actually the EAV value changes the shutter speed.  In that way I have control over the aperture and the shutter speed.
2021-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules