Orientation display changed
676 8 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adrian_here
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1322 ft
United Kingdom

I had the central orientation display and then it just disappeared. Having had a look at the replacement display the only way I can get to grips with it is to imagine myself in the drone looking out from it, rather than viewing the drone from the controller/home point.

I wonder if it would have been better to place the controller point centrally and then have the drone moving around in the circle? I believe some other drone displays already work in this way.

2021-1-25
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

If you tap on the Mini map and then tap the lower right hand corner of the Mini map a orientation/ radar will appear.  You need to be aware of two issue that are not working with this, 1st the Blue controller dot icon is obscured by the home point icon resulting in you not been able to see the directional controller indicator.  2nd the directional indicator for the controller is out by 90 degrees anyway!  I don’t know why they didn’t use the intuitive GO4 indicator?
2021-1-25
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-25 05:19
If you tap on the Mini map and then tap the lower right hand corner of the Mini map a orientation/ radar will appear.  You need to be aware of two issue that are not working with this, 1st the Blue controller dot icon is obscured by the home point icon resulting in you not been able to see the directional controller indicator.  2nd the directional indicator for the controller is out by 90 degrees anyway!  I don’t know why they didn’t use the intuitive GO4 indicator?

YEP
DJI, please bring back the old indicator as seen on:
  (@2:48 lower left corner)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
2021-1-25
Use props
Adrian_here
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1322 ft
United Kingdom

That’ll do nicely.
2021-1-25
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

The new app change is mich better. It’s called compass now . Tap on the bottom right of the map.
The blue dot is you but not seen if you stand to close to the H point. The little blue on the side of the blue dot is the direction of the antenna so if you rotate the controller si that little blue dot is inline with the drone  arrow you are pointing the antennas directly toward the drone for optimum range.
Doug
2021-1-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I find it new radar layout for orientation to be more useful.  I just wish DJI could figure out way to make the Controller orientation arrow more visible.
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Adrian_here. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information here at DJI Forum. In addition to this I will post a DJI Forum link with regards to the orientation icon of the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-234345-1-1.html
2021-1-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-25 09:11
I find it new radar layout for orientation to be more useful.  I just wish DJI could figure out way to make the Controller orientation arrow more visible.

Well, I don't like it but will get used to it, I guess. One simple way to fix it is to put the controller location icon on top instead of under the HP icon. Simple change. Let's see how long it takes to become obvious, not holding my breath.
2021-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules