how to change the built-in battery
10488 13 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kdAHCqX4C96H
lvl.2
Slovakia

how it will be possiible to change the built-in battery of RSC2 when the battery will come to the end of its life?
will it be replacend in dji service center?

2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, currently we have not received any case about the built-in battery EOL, do you have any issue on your RSC2 battery?
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_kdAHCqX4C96H
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-25 06:18
Hello there, currently we have not received any case about the built-in battery EOL, do you have any issue on your RSC2 battery?

thanx god not yet.  But dont know what will be after 1 or 2 years.

Dont want to stay with a dead gimbal in my hands...
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_kdAHCqX4C96H Posted at 1-25 06:24
thanx god not yet.  But dont know what will be after 1 or 2 years.

Dont want to stay with a dead gimbal in my hands...

Hello, just confirmed with our engineers, if there is any issue on the battery, our repair center can help to replace the 'battery part'.

Thanks
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_kdAHCqX4C96H
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-27 02:05
Hello, just confirmed with our engineers, if there is any issue on the battery, our repair center can help to replace the 'battery part'.

Thanks

Thnax! - now I will sleep more relaxed
2021-1-27
Use props
Caleb Berg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58911 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-27 02:05
Hello, just confirmed with our engineers, if there is any issue on the battery, our repair center can help to replace the 'battery part'.

Thanks

ALL lithium batteries loose life and eventually go bad. This is a very serious question about the RSC 2.
How much will it cost to replace the internal battery and of course, how many years might they offer such a service?
Will we be able to purchase the battery or entire grip part ourselves?? I do not see it for sale ANYWHERE right now.
2021-7-14
Use props
Caleb Berg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58911 ft
United States

Caleb Berg Posted at 7-14 13:15
ALL lithium batteries loose life and eventually go bad. This is a very serious question about the RSC 2.
How much will it cost to replace the internal battery and of course, how many years might they offer such a service?
Will we be able to purchase the battery or entire grip part ourselves?? I do not see it for sale ANYWHERE right now.

I'm looking to buy this gimbal now. So I need to know if we will have access to battery part, in order to replace it after 2 years? Or will we have to put this gimbal in the garbage after 2 years, because the battery part can't be bought and the cost of changing it will not be doable?

Very important to know if I can buy this drone or not.
2021-7-14
Use props
djiuser_TpGdXOObVwaK
New

Syria

Hello ... May I know how to replace ronin rsc2 battery ??
2021-10-20
Use props
djiuser_1ufAbU37VMeF
New

Spain

After weeks of looking for a gimbal to buy, and having it pretty clear that the RCS2 was my best option, I had to return it because of the great idea of not being able to replace the battery yourself in an easy and economical way. In a device like this that costs a lot of money, it is very painful to give it for dead without going through its repair center, which we do not have any information of the costs, which for sure are not cheap at all. It is not a broken product, you understand? It's just a dead battery. As far as I'm concerned you can thank the engineers, or rather the decision making department, for being so cool. Thanks for wasting my time. The RCS2 was really the best gimbal of all, but unfortunately I had to choose the Moza Aircross 2, which has the best battery system. Congratulations guys for such an unfortunate decision. The best thing you could do is to provide the batteries in the stores and a manual to change them by yourself. But I know that's not going to happen. So congratulations. The best thing you could do is to provide the batteries in the stores and a manual to change them by yourself. But I know that's not going to happen. So congratulations. I am very happy with my new and durable Moza Aircross 2.
2021-11-18
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I am also looking for gimbal to buy and I agree it is unfortunate that the new model has unreplaceable battery. Especially that rivals like Zhiyun and Feiyou still offer gimbals with replaceable batteries. I can admit you have reasons for that but can you at least estimate lifespan of the gadget before batteries make it unusable? Something about 5-6 years or longer should be ok.

2021-11-25
Use props
Belem
New

Brazil

djiuser_1ufAbU37VMeF Posted at 2021-11-18 08:56
After weeks of looking for a gimbal to buy, and having it pretty clear that the RCS2 was my best option, I had to return it because of the great idea of not being able to replace the battery yourself in an easy and economical way. In a device like this that costs a lot of money, it is very painful to give it for dead without going through its repair center, which we do not have any information of the costs, which for sure are not cheap at all. It is not a broken product, you understand? It's just a dead battery. As far as I'm concerned you can thank the engineers, or rather the decision making department, for being so cool. Thanks for wasting my time. The RCS2 was really the best gimbal of all, but unfortunately I had to choose the Moza Aircross 2, which has the best battery system. Congratulations guys for such an unfortunate decision. The best thing you could do is to provide the batteries in the stores and a manual to change them by yourself. But I know that's not going to happen. So congratulations. The best thing you could do is to provide the batteries in the stores and a manual to change them by yourself. But I know that's not going to happen. So congratulations. I am very happy with my new and durable Moza Aircross 2.

I was right about to buy a RSC 2 unit but now, concerned about this battery issue, jus gave up. Moza or Crane will certainly be more suitable for my needs.
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_E3jah58JyfYu
New
Flight distance : 51906 ft
Germany

After a lot of research I've now come to a conclusion. I've wanted to buy the RSC2 right now, having my finger already on the BUY button, but this problem and the answers from DJI are not satisfying to me. I've had a dead battery on my Mini 2 drone after I've charged it for about 10-15 times. I wasn't able to use the drone for a few month and now one nearly brandnew battery is dead. What if this happens to the battery inside the RSC2? I don't want to be forced to charge/discharge the RSC2 even if I don't use it for a longer time. I don't trust the DJI battery management anymore and knowing that I have to send it back to DJI if there is any problem with the battery isn't going to work for me.

Sorry DJI but I think this concept is a no go for a product in this price range. Now I have to buy a product from another brand even if I don't want to. Perhaps this isn't as good as the DJI product but I'm able to change the battery if there is any probem with it without having to contact the support and sending in the whole gimbal for repairs where I don't know what the costs will be in the future.

I don't understand this design policy only that you are able to advertise it with a few hours more of battery life? Interesting to know what happens to your brand if the first batteries are starting to fail because they have reached their end of life (which is an absolute certainty because it's the nature of the battery design).

Sorry DJI but I think this will be a problem for you in the future. And answers like:

"Hello, just confirmed with our engineers, if there is any issue on the battery, our repair center can help to replace the 'battery part'."

from your support are a joke not satisfying at all.

Imagine buying a car where you are not able to change the tires in the future without sending in the whole car not knowing the costs. Would anyone in your marketing or engeneering team do that?
2022-4-10
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-1-27 02:05

Thanks

I have had my RSC2 for over a year now...what if in over another year the battery goes dead? How much would it cost to replace the battery?
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Nik In The Mud Posted at 1-7 14:45
I have had my RSC2 for over a year now...what if in over another year the battery goes dead? How much would it cost to replace the battery?

Hello, there. You may choose paid repair service for your device if it is out of warranty.
You may refer to this link for the repair fee:
https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
The official quotation is subject to the notification email we sent to you after you send the device back for repair.
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules