Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin RSC 2 + RavenEye does not work with Olympus OM-D E- M1 Mark II
4662 16 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timmis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148077 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Despite compatibility confirmation, the above setup unfortunately does not work correctly!

- Ronin RSC 2 (latest firmware)
- RavenEye (latest firmware)
- Original DJI HDMI and USB cable (Pro Combo Set)
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (latest firmware; USB connection "Camera-PC" selected)
- iPhone SE (Bluetooth switched off)

Connection setup RavenEye with iPhone runs correctly, as does connectivity with the RSC 2.
If both cables (HDMI and USB) are now connected to the camera, I do not see a live image on the smartphone.
However, aperture, iso, shutter etc. are usable, as is gimbal control via smartphone.

If the USB cable between the camera and the RavenEye is now removed, I have a live camera image (incl. Active Track 3.0).
But now I can no longer access and adjust the camera parameters.

Who can help?
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for your feedback on the RavenEye with the Olympus OM-D E- M1 Mark II. We are sorry to say currently the Olympus OM-D E- M1 Mark II is not compatible with the Image transmission, our engineers have notice this and are testing for further improvements.
Also, did you switch on the gimbal first before the camera or not?

Thanks
2021-1-26
Use props
Timmis
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Hola there!

Thank you very much for the friendly & quick feedback.

Unfortunately, this statement is extremely annoying, as I purchased the RSC2 system as a Pro Combo and wanted to use the gimbal exclusively in combination with the RavenEye.

I have been looking for the "error" in my application for days, as DJI has confirmed compatibility with the E-M1 Mark II.
(Since I also use the MFT system in combination with my Inspire Pro multicopters, a change here is also not expedient).

How can a solution be found?

Kind regards

2021-1-26
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Timmis Posted at 1-26 08:56
Hola there!

Thank you very much for the friendly & quick feedback.

HI Timmis:

Just a thought.  Do you have the HDMI output on your Olympus OM-D E-M set to 1080P?   RavenEye is only a 1080P device.  I have found that not having HDMI output on the camera set to 1080P can cause all sorts of problems with the RS 2/RavenEye system.

Don
2021-1-26
Use props
Timmis
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Hola Don!

Thank you for your message.
Yes, I tried all the variations for several days - and almost despaired!
As intuitive as all DJI multicopters are for me to operate, the RSC2/ RavenEye seem to be like Pandora's Box!

Kind Regards

2021-1-27
Use props
ElevenMassMedia
New
United States

I'm also having trouble with the EM1 Mk 2. I was able to get the Raveneye to connect via HDMI for a couple seconds, but it froze and quit working after a few seconds. I am also confused as DJI's website specified the Olympus EM1 Mk 2 as being compatible. Disappointed for sure, spent the extra money to get Activetrack with the Raveneye. If anyone has had success with this, I'd appreciate hearing how.
2021-2-9
Use props
Timmis
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Unfortunately, only a marketing promise from DJI to suggest the greatest possible compatibility!

If you connect the camera with the RavenEye via HDMI & the RavenEye with the Gimbal, then you can use ActivTrack 3.0 (Unfortunately then NO Camera settings!)

If you use the "Standard Configuration" (Camera via HDMI to RavenEye & Camera via USB to the Gimbal) you can make all Camera settings - but you will not see a live image on your Smartphone (ActivTrack 3.0 is therefore WITHOUT Function).

If DJI had immediately explained that the EM1 MK2 is not compatible, it would have saved me several Days of work....!   :-(
2021-2-10
Use props
Hendr1k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370971 ft
Germany

Well... same problem here... please make that work since you sell the combo package and the MarkII is in your list .... it should all work together.
2021-4-10
Use props
Joan23
lvl.1

Spain

Tengo el Mismo problema que Timmis, y exclusivamente compre el gimpball para utilizarlo con raven eye, me siento estafado por dji, creo que deberian compesaros, o bien esforzarse mas en una actualizacion
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_gFi5rZrfGlm1
New

France

Same problem
2021-4-21
Use props
LFoto
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, I've got the Olympus OMD EM1 Mark 3 and I can use the Raveneye on its own as a monitor just fine. It doesn't work if I want to also connect the camera to the gimbal (then the raveneye stops), but otherwise I can use it as a monitor just fine.

however, by some weird reason I cannot record anything in slow-motion. Without the Raveneye my camera works fine and all my settings are available, however if I connect it to the Raveneye, any slow-motion settings are no longer available to me.

Does anybody else have a similar problem by any chance? And maybe a solution?

Thank you
2021-7-27
Use props
EelcOMD
New
Netherlands

LFoto Posted at 7-27 03:43
Hi, I've got the Olympus OMD EM1 Mark 3 and I can use the Raveneye on its own as a monitor just fine. It doesn't work if I want to also connect the camera to the gimbal (then the raveneye stops), but otherwise I can use it as a monitor just fine.

however, by some weird reason I cannot record anything in slow-motion. Without the Raveneye my camera works fine and all my settings are available, however if I connect it to the Raveneye, any slow-motion settings are no longer available to me.

Hi,
I might have found the reason, not the solution to this problem. I also have an E-M1 III.
When the camera is in computer control mode there is no hdmi signal output. I checked this with my TV. This problem is an OMD issue not a DJI issue. It is important that OMD will provide an firmware update.

I've send OMD a request for a firmware solution.

2021-9-6
Use props
Pedro Abbe
New
Japan

Hi, I have a Olympus OM-D E—M1X, and a Ronin RS2, I tried to connect my RavenEye with the camera, but I couldn’t. I tried to change the image resolution, but the image on my phone was still BLANK, I could not the see image of the camera on my phone. And also, the light on my RavenEye, turned from red to blue, but did not turn from blue to green. Anyone with similar issues? How can I fix this?
2021-11-30
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pedro Abbe Posted at 11-30 04:37
Hi, I have a Olympus OM-D E—M1X, and a Ronin RS2, I tried to connect my RavenEye with the camera, but I couldn’t. I tried to change the image resolution, but the image on my phone was still BLANK, I could not the see image of the camera on my phone. And also, the light on my RavenEye, turned from red to blue, but did not turn from blue to green. Anyone with similar issues? How can I fix this?

I just received the RS2 and also have the M1X. How did you get it to connect USB from the camera to the RSS port on the gimbal? When I have it connected and turn on the camera, I get the USB screen and pick the computer to camera setting. After pushing OK, it cycles back to the same screen.

Tom,   
2021-12-4
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

LFoto Posted at 2021-7-27 03:43
Hi, I've got the Olympus OMD EM1 Mark 3 and I can use the Raveneye on its own as a monitor just fine. It doesn't work if I want to also connect the camera to the gimbal (then the raveneye stops), but otherwise I can use it as a monitor just fine.

Is 4K available? 1080 is the only option I have for video.
2022-3-6
Use props
fans4561ff3d
lvl.1
United States

I suggests people read the Olympus User Guide. It is hard, I know. But essentially it lists a ton of things the E-M1, and even the much hyped OM Systems M1 cannot do. One is having a USB connection and HDMI output at the same time. The other is that many “interesting” features are essentially unavailable in what seems to be random circumstances.  (Where it’s not random is 4K and C4K modes, where the Mark iii won’t do slow motion I assume due to processing power limitations.)  It is “educational” to read the PDF, perhaps Ctrl-F for slow-motion to find which of the settings has disabled it. I am just as angry as I bought a monitor (I would have never expected such an 1d10t1c design that disables HDMI if usb is plugged in) and now it is basically garbage. The *only* way this could be solved if DJI and Olympus would work together on a Bluetooth remote control solution. Because I don’t think that an RSC 2 is capable to connect to 2 WiFi networks as the same time.
2022-7-11
Use props
Dunwich61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 357507 ft
United Kingdom

I had purchased the Ronin RSC2 to go with my EM1 Mkiii and Ninja V. So now in December 2023 I connect as follows:-
Micro HDMI to Full HDMI input to Ninja.
Full HDMI to Mini HDMI on Raveneye.
USB2 on Raveneye to USB2 on 3rd port of RSC2.
USB2 from RSC2 1st port on Raveneye to USB2 port on my EM1 Mkiii.

As soon as I plug in the last lead above, the EM1 screen shows a selection list. If camera is not attached the menu items shows it is in “Auto” setting but not when cables attached.
If I select one of the settings it just goes into “wait for a moment”.

Both my Mkiii and RSC2 firmware is up to date.
Are we saying that as now we are in December 2023 we still have an issue that was raised 3 years ago.

Surely I must be missing something. As per earlier post, can only use Ronin and App if USB not attached to camera and gamble.

Please,, please DJI. Help needed thanks. Just need to know what progress was made and if I have missed something. Kind regards.
2023-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules