Custom Network RTK
6981 12 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ggrey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99764 ft
United States

Hello, I am trying to connect to a custom network RTK. However, it takes about 20-30 minutes, meanwhile while connecting it says "RTK Connected. RTK Data Converging". I can see the standard deviation decreasing at the bottom, it just takes a long time. Any workarounds for this?
2021-1-25
Use props
Chrasmus
lvl.1

Denmark

I have the same issue! Please help
2021-2-1
Use props
nikolaospaschalisgmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Check if you have a good 4g connection
Leave it for the first time without touching anything

2021-2-21
Use props
Chrasmus
lvl.1

Denmark

nikolaospaschalisgmail.com Posted at 2-21 06:55
Check if you have a good 4g connection
Leave it for the first time without touching anything

Have you got lucky with connecting to the custom network to M210 or M300 by leaving it for a long time?
2021-2-23
Use props
nikolaospaschalisgmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Yes many times...
It becomes tricky though sometimes
2021-2-27
Use props
FairleyI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

When I try and connect, (M210v2 RTK, phone as hotspot, topcon ntrip subscription), I get status: 'RTK connected, RTK data not in use'; I get orientation and positioning being fixed and I get low standard deviations in postion (0.01m). However the RTK flag in the EXIF data suggests it isnt being used. Any idea how you get the RTK data to actually be used? I am using an X7 with a 24mm lens whic sohuld be compatibel wit the RTK
2021-3-1
Use props
NARKOSIS
lvl.1
United States

Wondering the same thing Fairy.  We just received our 300RTK last week.  We have it connected to the same NTRIP server/settings as our TopCon equipment.  In the live view on the controller, it shows the accurate ASL.  But the EXIF altitude number in the pictures is off by about 110ft.  Can't figure out for the life of me why that is.
2021-5-10
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

I got my M300 about 2 weeks ago, I've run 4 test flight with it and connecting to the RTK network is iffy at best, first time it took about 35 mins, me not being a very patient, I rebooted the controller and the drone a few time. It finally connected. The 2nd time took over an hour, same process, My RS2 uses the same setting and it gets a fix in under 2 mins. I've tried different mount points and get the same results. I have found when it does connect and I get the RTK Connected. RTK Data Converging status if I move the drone around it will connect...it's just getting to that status. Most of the time I get setting failed and after trying to save the setting 3 times the save option is not longer available for some undetermined amount of time. I'm running the latest firmware 3.00.0101, using a MIFI 5G hotspot for both the RS2 and the M300 and 90% of our sites are without structures. I'm not sure what else to try. Open to any and all suggestions.
And if anyone know how to use an Emlid RS2 as a base for the 300 I'd like to hear about that. I've read on a couple of forum and get 2 different answers...it doesn't work and it will work. I haven't had any luck with that either.
2021-11-10
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99764 ft
United States

anejojoe Posted at 11-10 12:50
I got my M300 about 2 weeks ago, I've run 4 test flight with it and connecting to the RTK network is iffy at best, first time it took about 35 mins, me not being a very patient, I rebooted the controller and the drone a few time. It finally connected. The 2nd time took over an hour, same process, My RS2 uses the same setting and it gets a fix in under 2 mins. I've tried different mount points and get the same results. I have found when it does connect and I get the RTK Connected. RTK Data Converging status if I move the drone around it will connect...it's just getting to that status. Most of the time I get setting failed and after trying to save the setting 3 times the save option is not longer available for some undetermined amount of time. I'm running the latest firmware 3.00.0101, using a MIFI 5G hotspot for both the RS2 and the M300 and 90% of our sites are without structures. I'm not sure what else to try. Open to any and all suggestions.
And if anyone know how to use an Emlid RS2 as a base for the 300 I'd like to hear about that. I've read on a couple of forum and get 2 different answers...it doesn't work and it will work. I haven't had any luck with that either.

I'm using the public California RTK network for my flights, for reference.

Since I posted this thread, I was able to fix my issues just by getting better antenna coverage. For example, the other day I connected to RTK between 2 cars in a parking lot and after 20 minutes, the error was still decreasing but it had not converged. I gave up and moved it about 30 ft elsewhere, away from those cars, and almost an instant RTK convergence. I assume that has something to do with the cars causing interference or something like that. So now when I do my RTK flights I make sure to do them in open areas if possible, and that seems to work fairly well.

I've also had lots of issues connecting to RTK in the first place. I dont know what causes this or how to fix it, sometimes it will just say failed to connect and the Save button will be greyed out. In the past Ive fixed this with lots of restarting, pulling out batteries and putting them back in, and fiddling with the WiFi settings. But this has taken up to 10 minutes and can be very frustrating in the field.
2021-11-10
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

ggrey Posted at 11-10 13:55
I'm using the public California RTK network for my flights, for reference.

Since I posted this thread, I was able to fix my issues just by getting better antenna coverage. For example, the other day I connected to RTK between 2 cars in a parking lot and after 20 minutes, the error was still decreasing but it had not converged. I gave up and moved it about 30 ft elsewhere, away from those cars, and almost an instant RTK convergence. I assume that has something to do with the cars causing interference or something like that. So now when I do my RTK flights I make sure to do them in open areas if possible, and that seems to work fairly well.

It's very frustrating. I was in the middle of a site nothing around me, had my RS2 setup got a fix in less than 5 mins same hotspot. Ended up messing around with it for an hour before I got the 300 to connect and get a fix. I sent a note to my ntrip provider just to see if they've had other customers with this issue with the 300. Here in Texas RTKnet is really the only game in town and they aren't free.
2021-11-11
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

Can try taking off with M300 and turning it on in the air as well.
2021-11-11
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

hoss_ Posted at 11-11 16:13
Can try taking off with M300 and turning it on in the air as well.

I spent another 2 hour trying to get this thing connected to my correction network, never would connect. I even put it up 200 feet still nothing. Again open site no obstructions, try 2 different hotspot...nothen. Time to open a ticket with DJI.
Thanks for the feedback.
2021-11-12
Use props
fansd1244a19
New
Flight distance : 33691 ft
Canada

I’m getting the same error with all the latest firmware updates installed. I’m using the Hemisphere S321+ base. Has anyone had any luck getting this resolved?
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules