Video pause then skips ahead
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I've been unable to find a thread, if there is one please direct me to the fix and I can delete this thread.
Irritating issue. First, what I am using:
P3P 1.1.9,
1.2.6 Pilot app, DJI supplied mSD   
mini 3,
MBP 2.3Ghz-i7-8GB RAM-SSD-Nvidia 650M, (w/minimal backround processes running)
...so I don't believe processing power is an issue.
Now my problem, there are some videos for personal viewing that I'd rather not take time to edit, but no matter what program I use to view (I've tried 6), every 2 seconds it pauses for a fraction of a second then darts/skips ahead +/- 15 frames....the frames are there but it fast forwards
When I pass it through an editing program, when having not even done any editing it is smooth when played in the same 6 players/editors that were problematic before processing.
Any ideas ??  

2015-7-6
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The same thing happens to me when I attempt to view videos on computers that are too slow to handle the playback. On the same computers, I'm able to view the video after it has been processed.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-6
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

What players are you using? Use VLC as your player... Its free and one of the best I have found. ...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
2015-7-6
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-7 05:13
What players are you using? Use VLC as your player... Its free and one of the best I have found. ... ...

Have tried players - MPlayerX, VLC, QuickTime and editors - iMovie, Adobe, CyberLink.
Aaargh, I wane with the prospect of having to process all footage.What I failed to mention, this only happens to footage when performing yaw/panning, even when done very slowly.
Since all the frames are there when processed, thinking I should play with settings and resolutions with hopes of finding one which will write to memory smoothly.
2015-7-7
Use props
soerheim.emil
lvl.2
Norway

I had to buy a brand new computer so i could edit and play the 4k videos. Not that my old computer was bad at all, but 4k needs a lot of computer power.

Im now running and laptop with i7 4720HQ 2,6ghz (boost to 3,4ghz), 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 250gb SSD and 1TB HDD.
2015-7-7
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

4K video is almost impossible to play smoothly unless you have a seriously fast computer system.  (Think MacPro.)http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

1080P should be no issue on a MacBook Pro.
2015-7-7
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I completed a fresh W7 install that helped with my 1080 vids. the 4k now plays well also. A good friend of mine that is a computer guru told me a long time ago to reinstall windows every 6 months if it is used on the internet. He was pretty spot on. Alwayshave smooth running machines around here.
2015-7-7
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Duplicate post. Please remove admin
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules