5274 52 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

New Mavic Air 2 v01.01.0610
  • Added FocusTrack when shooting at 1080 48/60/60 fps in video mode (requires DJI Fly v1.2.4).
  • Added prompts when using FocusTrack (requires DJI Fly v1.2.4).
  • Optimied detection and app prompts when propessers are unfolded (requires DJI Fly v1.2.4).
  • Optimed DJI Care Flyaway Coverage.

The DJI Fly app v1.2.4 is nto yet available for IOS as of 8:40 am PST.

It does not appear that a Battery or Controller firmware update has been included.

2021-1-26
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks @JohnLietzke! Just connected my MA2 to my PC and updated it via DJI Assistant...

I'm on iOS and don't see the mobile app 1.2.4 yet. Also no controller FW update either.

2021-1-26
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

have we talked about Flyaway Coverage yet?

https://9to5google.com/2020/12/2 ... e-flyaway-coverage/
2021-1-26
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

So again not zoom for photos and nothing else
2021-1-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Agree. Very disappointing no WayPoints for Photo & Video in addition to no Photo Zoom.
2021-1-26
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Should you update the app first and then the firmware...or vice versa???
2021-1-26
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why does the mini 2 have zoom for photos and the air 2 doesn't? That seems backwards for the air 2
2021-1-26
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

no updates for the batteries either. interesting...
2021-1-26
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Rustic17 Posted at 1-26 12:19
Should you update the app first and then the firmware...or vice versa???
I updated app and there was fw upgrade message on screen...
No fw update request for another battery BTW.
2021-1-26
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

virtual Posted at 1-26 15:07
I updated app and there was fw upgrade message on screen...
No fw update request for another battery BTW.

Yes. Exactly
2021-1-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

I flew today right after updating the firmware.  I had something I was planning on shooting for the last couple of days and only had a few hours of clear skies before it started raining.  I completely forgot about the new firmware update as it flew normally.  I ran two batteries down and can report back nothing unusual.  
2021-1-26
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Here's the "Device Management" section mentioned in the 1.2.4 release notes and apparently needs the V01.01.0610 firmware update before you will see it.

2021-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JohnLietzke. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this information with regards to the new DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware v01.01.0610. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What do they mean by "Optimed DJI Care Flyaway Coverage"
2021-1-27
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-26 11:57
Agree. Very disappointing no WayPoints for Photo & Video in addition to no Photo Zoom.

DJI treats the mavic air 2 as a second class.
First priority the MINI 2 !!
They do not even offer what they have already given to the users of MINI 2: PHOTO ZOOM !!!
From what I know so far, I very much doubt if I would buy the mavic air 2
Too bad once again ....
2021-1-27
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

I have been in the field of software development for hardware platforms for years, it is not that easy to implement functions.
Must be tested: non-regeression tests, unit tests, etc.

What we can do here is create a wish list, perhaps with priorities on the common needs of all.
And then, report bugs in as much detail as possible.

Let's give time to time.
2021-1-27
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-27 02:03
I have been in the field of software development for hardware platforms for years, it is not that easy to implement functions.

Already done several times by several users since mid of last year, but DJI did not pay much attention to it.
It looks like the Mini, Mini 2 and MA2 are test platforms for the Mavic3 for them.
2021-1-27
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

MySky Posted at 1-27 04:23
Already done several times by several users since mid of last year, but DJI did not pay much attention to it.
It looks like the Mini, Mini 2 and MA2 are test platforms for the Mavic3 for them.

DJI always does that.
2021-1-27
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Did have a little time today to update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.4. . (I skipped 1.2.2)
After starting mobile phone, RC and MA2 a message was shown to update MA2 firmware. This did incl. a update of the RC and the 1st battery.
After that has finished i updated battery 2 and 3 and did a dry test ( no flight ) indoor due to the current bad weather and checked all settings.
The installation of 1.2.4 keept all settings from 1.2.1, so everything seems to be ok and ready for a outdoor test the next days.

The only thing that makes me wonder is the promotion message for a Adobe product on the homescreen of the Fly app.
Does anyone else have the same ?
Can it be deactivated ?

Hopefully DJI will remove this commercial crap soon and the Fly app will not be flooded with more commercials like a lot of other apps available have.
2021-1-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 1-27 07:29
After starting mobile phone, RC and MA2 a message was shown to update MA2 firmware. This did incl. a update of the RC and the 1st battery.
After that has finished i updated battery 2 and 3 and did a dry test ( no flight ) indoor due to the current bad weather and checked all settings.

The only thing that makes me wonder is the promotion message for a Adobe product on the homescreen of the Fly app.

I fully updated everything the same way you did.  I never saw any Adobe promo message on the Fly App homescreen.
2021-1-27
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 08:10
The only thing that makes me wonder is the promotion message for a Adobe product on the homescreen of the Fly app.

It appeared at the same location , where usually the FW update messages show up.
2021-1-27
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Niknik Posted at 1-26 11:34
So again not zoom for photos and nothing else

As I said before:

It would not be beneficial at all to take a zoomed photo.  
It is much better to save the full resolution and cut out afterwards.
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Thanks.  I never received the battery or RC firmware update yesterday when I update.  It may not have been available at the time.  I will check now and report back to confirm it is available in the region.

One observation in hindsight after reviewing my flight is that the battery performance seemed slightly better than usual despite the 42°F temperature.  This for me is extremely cold even at 7:30 am.
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

S.T. Posted at 1-27 01:54
DJI treats the mavic air 2 as a second class.
First priority the MINI 2 !!
They do not even offer what they have already given to the users of MINI 2: PHOTO ZOOM !!!

Hopefully there are some feature updates coming in the near term.  The Mavic Air 2 is still new enough and a relevant market segment that it would surprise me if DJI stopped adding new features at this point.
2021-1-27
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

MySky Posted at 1-27 07:29

I had battery (and remote) update wih .5 aircraft fw. Now with 124 app and .6 aircraft fw there was no (2nd, 3rd...) battery update requested. I have Adobe trial message as well (Android BTW). Happy to report that I had no issue outdoors but I did just one flight to deplete battery after fw udate...
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

I just tired the DJI Assistant and did not get a new firmware update for the RC or batteries.
2021-1-27
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-27 08:56
Thanks.  I never received the battery or RC firmware update yesterday when I update.  It may not have been available at the time.  I will check now and report back to confirm it is available in the region.

One observation in hindsight after reviewing my flight is that the battery performance seemed slightly better than usual despite the 42°F temperature.  This for me is extremely cold even at 7:30 am.

I guess there's no battery update this time, I had no request as well (updated app 122->124 and fw .5->.6). Been flyin in sub zero temperatures, no improvement noted but I'm satisfied with battery performance in these conditions (battery temp on landing was 27-32°C).
2021-1-27
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

virtual Posted at 1-27 09:16
I had battery (and remote) update wih .5 aircraft fw. Now with 124 app and .6 aircraft fw there was no (2nd, 3rd...) battery update requested. I have Adobe trial message as well (Android BTW). Happy to report that I had no issue outdoors but I did just one flight to deplete battery after fw udate...

So i am not the only one. Maybe it is related to the new "Flight Tips" function.
As i wanted to do a screen shot half an hour ago, it was gone. But remembered that i have had deactivated the Flight Tips.
2021-1-27
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

virtual Posted at 1-27 09:32
I guess there's no battery update this time, I had no request as well (updated app 122->124 and fw .5->.6). Been flyin in sub zero temperatures, no improvement noted but I'm satisfied with battery performance in these conditions (battery temp on landing was 27-32°C).

Maybe i received the FW updates that were comming with 1.2.2, which i skipped.
2021-1-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-27 02:03

I "so" disagree with you on this one.  Respectfully disagree.  Most of what is expressed here is for features that are fully implemented, verified, tested, for years on their other Apps (like Go 4).  Basic functions like off-line maps are functions of design that are already proven and functioning, and in some cases were on previous versions of the same model of aircraft.
2021-1-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 1-27 08:49
As I said before:

I disagree.  Sean Ozz has a very good video introducing the Spotlight feature, Zoomed to 3X, where he uses a sailboat target and flies around it... the zoom helps keep the boat as a discovered target while staying far enough away to not disturb the subject(s).   
Whilst Zoom may not be the 'true photographer's' panacea, it CAN provide some nice viewable, entertaining footage.
2021-1-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 08:10
The only thing that makes me wonder is the promotion message for a Adobe product on the homescreen of the Fly app.

It showed up once on my Smart Controller.  FWIW.  The second boot, not there.
2021-1-27
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

I would also appreciate zoom, as it is very usefull in some scenarios.
2021-1-27
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

MySky Posted at 1-27 09:52
Maybe i received the FW updates that were comming with 1.2.2, which i skipped.

Very likely, I made update "bundles", there was app, remote, aircraft and battery update (even fly safe database) for me aprox week ago (was able to make only a few flights). Yesterday I downloaded 124 app followed by 0.6 fw update, no update request for other batteries.
That message sais You have 3 months trial period for some Adobe software...
I read the Flight tips during update BTW, I'm not using RTH (emergency only) so I haven't seen them on screen in flight.
2021-1-27
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

WebParrot Posted at 1-27 09:54
I "so" disagree with you on this one.  Respectfully disagree.  Most of what is expressed here is for features that are fully implemented, verified, tested, for years on their other Apps (like Go 4).  Basic functions like off-line maps are functions of design that are already proven and functioning, and in some cases were on previous versions of the same model of aircraft.

yes you're right, the functions itself we have already seen in other DJI software, but as we have discussed in other threads, perhaps it is not so easy to do a porting of  classes taken from other software written in maybe other languages, for other hardware...
otherwise they would have already done so
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

frankymusik Posted at 1-27 08:49
As I said before:

I agree that zooming in an editing program is the the way to go for quality but for convenience Photo zoom is a nice feature to have on the go and instantly sending an image that is ready to be viewed.  

The Mavic Air 2 is not pitched as a professional level drone therefore requiring an outside editing program seems to not be inconsistent with models target market.
2021-1-27
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 01:34
What do they mean by "Optimed DJI Care Flyaway Coverage"

i asked the question earlier; understood why no one wanted to talk about it.  look at those prices.  guess it doesn't hurt to add it [for free] but if you have a flyaway, it's going to be painful.

https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-care-refresh-flyaway-coverage/
2021-1-27
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

adobe details:  https://dronedj.com/2021/01/26/f ... dji-fly-app-update/
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-27 15:07
adobe details:  https://dronedj.com/2021/01/26/free-adobe-creative-cloud-trial-hidden-in-dji-fly-app-update/

Thanks for the information.  A free trial of Creative Cloud would be a great opportunity for those who do not already have access to Adobe products.  
2021-1-27
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

WebParrot Posted at 1-27 09:58
I disagree.  Sean Ozz has a very good video introducing the Spotlight feature, Zoomed to 3X, where he uses a sailboat target and flies around it... the zoom helps keep the boat as a discovered target while staying far enough away to not disturb the subject(s).   
Whilst Zoom may not be the 'true photographer's' panacea, it CAN provide some nice viewable, entertaining footage.

I really can't understand your arguments!

A digital zoom (and only that comes into consideration with the MA2) simply delivers fewer pixels!
Yes, it looks like the picture (section) has been enlarged! It looks like this ...

From the complete image (saved without digital zoom) you can "cut out" any area you want, which is the same as a digital zoom.
But, in this way, all information (pixels) are retained until processing ...
... while they would disappear irretrievably with the "digital zoom" (photographed during the flight)!

Therefore, a "digitally zoomed photo" (taken during the flight) makes no sense !!!   

2021-1-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules