1788 7 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oli Aponte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27326 ft
Puerto Rico

Hello everyone,

I've been having some issues with camera control and my Nikon Z6. I'm still not sure what the root cause of this issue is, since it really bugs me out, and don't want to risk bricking my Z6 (however unlikely that may be?). I have stopped using camera control because either when the gimbal goes to sleep mode, or the Z6 goes to sleep mode, the Z6 locks up/freezes.. it wont turn off or on even after flicking the physical switch on the camera. I have to take the camera off the gimbal, and take out the battery in order to unfreeze the camera. All software is up to date on gimbal and Ronin app (iOS).

I know Nikon isn't the brand most people use for video work, so this issue is probably less known than any other, but I've been a Nikon user for 10+ years, and dont see myself changing camera brands.
2021-1-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for your feedback. Please check our compatibility list and the setup method of the Nikon Z6 to see if all the steps are correct: https://www.dji.com/uk/support/compatibility/rsc-2/z6

And if possible, could you please upload any video regarding to the issue you had? We will send it to the engineers to further check, thank you.
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_kdAHCqX4C96H
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-27 03:19
Hello there, thank you for your feedback. Please check our compatibility list and the setup method of the Nikon Z6 to see if all the steps are correct: https://www.dji.com/uk/support/compatibility/rsc-2/z6

And if possible, could you please upload any video regarding to the issue you had? We will send it to the engineers to further check, thank you.

I have Z6 and the camera control works most of the time ok.

From time to time the Z6 doesnt start to record (or autofocus) after pressing of the red record button on the RSC2.
I had to switch off/on and then it works.

Other issue is - front dial. I have it setup for focus control (no focus motor). First time it worked - just a little bit - but worked. But no more. I tried many times, different modes, switch FD to control aperature and back to focus control - but no luck
2021-1-27
Use props
Oli Aponte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27326 ft
Puerto Rico

huh.. looks like the "issue" got camera shy. While camera is connected to RSC2, put the gymbal to sleep, and woke up to see if that would trigger the "freeze", turned on and off the camera, let the camera go to sleep, and woke it up.. Was not able to replicate the issue, which happened about 3 times right out of the box.

I'll try to update this thread if I'm able to replicate the issue again..
2021-1-28
Use props
TobiasRonin
lvl.1
Netherlands

Excuse me, I posted on this forum twice and have had no replies yet. I would really appreciate some help. I'm about to send my gimbal back because the RavenEye feature doesn't work. Please help.
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_gUoln6H2lBk7
New
United States

I have a Nikon Z6 attached to my recent purchased DJI Ronin RSC-2.  When I use the Raveneye it will display my cameras point of view while the camera is in Photo mode to my phone using the Ronin App. when I switch the camera to Video the live feed goes black. Did you also experience this? if so please help, is there a setting in the Nikon Z6 that needs adjusting?
2021-1-31
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am a fellow Nikon Z6 shooter (finding it hard to get answers as not many people shoot Nikon)

I have suffered the focus dial not working all the time and the freezing of the camera, although the freezing issue does seem to have gone with the latest firmware.

I also posted on another thread but never got anywhere. Has anybody been able to get the Raveneye to transmit an image when set to 1080 120fps? Raven Eye works as expected at most frame rates, but over 60 FPS (100FPS or 120FPS) the screen on the Raven Eye software turns black. I am trying to determine if its a DJI issue or some kind of setting I am missing in camera.

2021-2-1
Use props
Mart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Stephentaber@me.com Posted at 2-1 03:52
I am a fellow Nikon Z6 shooter (finding it hard to get answers as not many people shoot Nikon)

I have suffered the focus dial not working all the time and the freezing of the camera, although the freezing issue does seem to have gone with the latest firmware.

I have the Z6, but not the raveneye, but I am wondering if the issue is related to one of bandwidth. I know that the Atmos Ninja V can't receive those frame rates (100fps and 120fps) over HDMI because of the limitations of HDMI as implemented with the Z6, so could it be similar with the Raveneye?
2021-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules