Can't connect to iPhone 12 Pro in case
4520 5 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil.Good
lvl.1
Germany

Hi all,

when trying to connect the Pocket 2 to my brand new iPhone 12 Pro with the original Apple Case with MagSafe, I always got error messages saying that the connection to the phone broke down. It drove my nuts and finally after trying everything I think that the bottom of the case is a little bit too thick so that the Lightning Connector doesn't go all the way into the iPhone 12 Pro.

Did anyone have the same issue and can someone confirm this? And a fix if possible of course. This is terrible 2 brand new products and with original accessories not compatible?!

Connection error with case

Connection error with case

Cheers
Philipp

2021-1-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Either take it out of the case or use a USB C to lightning short cable.  Or go wireless.
2021-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Philipp. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. DJI do not recommend using the iPhone 12 Pro ( with the Magsafe case ) with the DJI Pocket 2 when using the DJI Smartphone Adapter currently. At present, there will be interference, and some products may even fail to connect properly. Thank you.
2021-1-26
Use props
Phil.Good
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 19:48
Hello there Philipp. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. DJI do not recommend using the iPhone 12 Pro ( with the Magsafe case ) with the DJI Pocket 2 when using the DJI Smartphone Adapter currently. At present, there will be interference, and some products may even fail to connect properly. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your quick reply.

Please help me understand the exact reason for this problem:
-Is the case with MagSafe the problem? Or the iPhone 12 Pro itself?
-And is the problem hardware-related or can this be solved in a future update?

Thanks
Philipp
2021-1-27
Use props
Phil.Good
lvl.1
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-26 14:30
Either take it out of the case or use a USB C to lightning short cable.  Or go wireless.

Thanks, but I don't want to take the phone out of the case while filming outside because of protection. And I think the bigger screen helps framing the right shot.

Also I don't want to get another workaround adapter solution. Had enough of these.

Still trying to pin down the exact reason with Stephen's help, then I'll decide my next steps and whether I'll keep it.

Cheers,
Philipp
2021-1-27
Use props
Phil.Good
lvl.1
Germany

I think I found a workaround. It would however be nice if there a bit more help from DJI side...

First I tried removing the MagSafe cover from the iPhone 12 Pro but that didn’t help.

What solved the problem for me (so far) was putting the iPhone into airplane mode before connecting it (with the case) to the DJI Osmo Pocket 2.

Next step would be to see whether disabling Bluetooth or WiFi only will also solve the issue.

Hope this helps someone.
Cheers from Munich
Phil
2021-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules