DJI OM4 Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
29274 38 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fRDYFMY0ORbH
lvl.1

Slovenia

Hello,

I have Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I tried connect with DJI OM4 and it's working
Video recording only in 4k 30fps
Please create FW update and update dji mimo app.

2021-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I will cascade these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mimo and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_t3surnJX1WQX
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 19:52
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I will cascade these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mimo and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

Count me among those interested in 8k compatibility for the Osmo 4 (which is not a drone). Once it's available and compatible with tbe Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, I'll be quick to purchase.
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

djiuser_t3surnJX1WQX Posted at 1-29 11:51
Count me among those interested in 8k compatibility for the Osmo 4 (which is not a drone). Once it's available and compatible with tbe Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, I'll be quick to purchase.

2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_rVTaXlNz615O
New

United States

DJI will not fix this issue. Instead they told me to get a different phone and suggested the iPhone (I have a Note 20 Ultra). They are biased and favor Apple. I have informed my 1million+ followers of this via product review and have suggested they go else where until DJI values their satisfaction. We pay the same as apple ios users we should get the same in return. Period.

And the excuse of Android API is not true. Other 3rd party apps have access to the various android camera modes, fps, etc. It's just their excuse.
2021-1-30
Use props
djiuser_rVTaXlNz615O
New

United States

DJI will not fix this issue. Instead they told me to get a different phone and suggested the iPhone (I have a Note 20 Ultra). They are biased and favor Apple. I have informed my 1million+ followers of this via product review and have suggested they go else where until DJI values their satisfaction. We pay the same as apple ios users we should get the same in return. Period.

And the excuse of Android API is not true. Other 3rd party apps have access to the various android camera modes, fps, etc. It's just their excuse.
2021-1-30
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

Shame. I too have the s21 ultra, I'm giving up om4, since the magring affect wireless charge, does not work properly if placed on a case, and there is no point in use the magnetic clamp, the clamp does not hold my phone with the case for the s-pen.

Software does not allow you to benefit from the powerful hardware due to lack of good will from dji developers.

I regret selling my om3

Shame, shame, shame
2021-1-30
Use props
colt6615
lvl.1
United States

Yep; Android users are left holding the bag on this one. No support or answers given by Mods or Support team; other than to try an Iphone instead.
2021-2-4
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

First off DJI Stephen responded as a  drone flyer is I believe because a few Air2 flyers are buying the s21 ultra and the response there was that the R&D /support department was working it. not just a flat no/non-combatable device. Probably because  the servo doesn't want to talk to a lowly Android  completely like a ios system
You have to say the newer phones are getting pretty rock solid or stable but as fast as a motorize Gimble.
2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_V1OlavCAPYYC
New

Australia

I have a S21 Ultra and was going to go for a DJI OM4, but now I am not sure.
2021-3-4
Use props
Deny
lvl.1
Brazil

Must say I'm glad I've found this thread, was about to pull the trigger on an impulse buy but now I'll look elsewhere.
2021-3-6
Use props
h1pst3r38
lvl.1
United States

Deny Posted at 3-6 22:57
Must say I'm glad I've found this thread, was about to pull the trigger on an impulse buy but now I'll look elsewhere.

Yup, that's why my OM4 was returned to the store... no support for the S21 Ultra. Great gimbal with crap software.
2021-3-8
Use props
Gary Bourne
New

Australia

Hi
I was looking at getting the 4 for my ultra. Will the 3 hold the weight and does the gimble come into shot on wide angle lens ?? Is there another brand that is recommended for ultra ??? Thanks
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_yVSPYv2LLeSV
New
United States

I bought the OM4 today at Best Buy they recommend it for use with the s21ultra, I even bought best buy warranty and I usually don't do that. After seeing this post I'm thinking about returning it, I like the phone but haven't used the gimbal much yet. I'll give it a few days and check back here before I return it. It seems pretty cool so far but I'm a noob at all of this just got the phone Monday and the OM4 today
2021-3-13
Use props
Deny
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_yVSPYv2LLeSV Posted at 3-13 15:15
I bought the OM4 today at Best Buy they recommend it for use with the s21ultra, I even bought best buy warranty and I usually don't do that. After seeing this post I'm thinking about returning it, I like the phone but haven't used the gimbal much yet. I'll give it a few days and check back here before I return it. It seems pretty cool so far but I'm a noob at all of this just got the phone Monday and the OM4 today

So I went on an impulse buy and ended up getting the OM4. It stopped working after a few days and made me miss a location shot, model and all. It's going back and I've got a Hohem iSteady Mobile Plus to replace it, works a charm and got the job done - luckily I was given a reshoot opportunity today and the iSteady shone through, highly recommended.
Also ended up getting another gimbal for my mirrorless and DSLR cameras, obviously steered away from DJI as well, funny thing is that I had my mind set on the Ronin S but after the OM4 fiasco ended up getting the Zhyium Weebill-S, which will be arriving next Monday.
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_yVSPYv2LLeSV
New
United States

I learned that you can use native camera applications for the galaxy s21ultra after you start with the mimo app and get the benefits of using the OM4 while getting the most out of the camera sure you can't get 4k 60fps in all the features of mimo but you can still shoot in it while using the gimbal. Think I'm not going to return it,but hope and wait for software improvements. It's still a great gimbal,probably the best on the market for smartphones at the price point.
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_yVSPYv2LLeSV
New
United States

Learned about filmic pro today, this is a big help it's compatible with the OM4 and Android phones, it isn't perfect but makes the OM4 worth keeping with the galaxy s21ultra. There's some YouTube videos that explain the different modes and what you can do with OM4 and Android phones. This is great news because now I won't return my OM4. Yes it's a bit of a pain switching between the mimo app and filmic pro app but it's way better and you can also switch between your native camera app, mimo, and filmic pro to use different features. It's a learning curve but totally makes the OM4 and Android phones work better together,hope this helps others out there with the same problem I had,and who knows maybe the mimo people will give us Android users an update in the future, till then this is a great work around, peace!
2021-3-15
Use props
fansb26944ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555417 ft
Israel

djiuser_yVSPYv2LLeSV Posted at 3-15 17:33
Learned about filmic pro today, this is a big help it's compatible with the OM4 and Android phones, it isn't perfect but makes the OM4 worth keeping with the galaxy s21ultra. There's some YouTube videos that explain the different modes and what you can do with OM4 and Android phones. This is great news because now I won't return my OM4. Yes it's a bit of a pain switching between the mimo app and filmic pro app but it's way better and you can also switch between your native camera app, mimo, and filmic pro to use different features. It's a learning curve but totally makes the OM4 and Android phones work better together,hope this helps others out there with the same problem I had,and who knows maybe the mimo people will give us Android users an update in the future, till then this is a great work around, peace!

The Filmic software it very valuable, but you lose tracking features of OM4. So, it is not full replcement of DJI Mimo software. More than, It is shame for DJI "engineers" (actually marketing persons) - Filmic can be compatible with your phone, even with all its analytical functionality, but DJI Mimo "not have possibility" because Samsung. Shame on these that say such things, DJI not want - It is much more close to real situation.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_KAq3t9O9nhVt
New
United States

djiuser_yVSPYv2LLeSV Posted at 3-15 17:33

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm new at this whole thing, so just trying to figure it out. Based on this response I reached out to Filmic and asked them about the S21 Ultra/OM4. This was the response.

"As far as I know DJI OM4 is supported on Samsung S21 Ultra by FiLMiC Pro. But to be more sure about it - I suggest you to install our free Evaluator app, and check it yourself.

Due to the complexity of the Android device market, we developed a free evaluator app to determine FiLMiC Pro and individual Android device compatibility. Once downloaded, the app will test the device to determine compatibility with the different FiLMiC Pro features."

I downloaded the app and it gives pretty good information. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Good luck.
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_oT76tTcNQuPx
New

United States

We just returned ours to best buy as defective.   Waste of time and money.  It did not work on three different  phones and the S21 it worked for like 10 minutes and quit.....said firmware issue.  Seems like it would be a cool product...but I am not getting an apple to use this.  There are other choices for creative minds.   It's a shame I was super excited to use it for an upcoming shoot.  
2021-4-25
Use props
djiuser_Z7hfTFISVInv
New

United States

Sorry DJI, I'm not getting an iPhone. I'll look somewhere else.  It seems you are losing a lot of business.
2021-5-18
Use props
djiuser_apxi1OGDRQW7
New

United Kingdom

This is a classic example of not listening to your customers, its such a shame when you see a company that clearly develops good and exciting products but then fails to back them up with customer service and the ability to be agile with software updates.

at the time of writing, DJI is worth $15 billion dollars and you say well why would they care, well it doesn't take much to find plenty of billion-dollar companies who forgot why they were there in the first place and spectacularly failed.  Take note Frank Wang.
  • Blackberry
  • Kodak
  • Nokia
  • Yahoo
  • Blockbuster

The list is a long one but I think it's a clear point!

2021-5-19
Use props
MagicMuzicman
New

United States

I also have the Samsung S21 Ultra and I absolutely love this phone. I was looking for the best gimbal and found the DJI OM4. I see now that I will have to find something else. Add me to the "disappointed" list. I am not an Apple user and refuse to give up my Ultra S21. Sorry DJI, you lost another customer.
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_h6Ct2lVp6DvH
New

United States

Glad I found this, just ordered the DJI OM4 and was looking at the Ronin but nope'd out real quick, sent an email to support to cancel within 30 minutes... hopefully they can stop the shipment.
2021-5-20
Use props
fans432e5512
New

Mexico

With all the respect, what a stupid company. I was about to buy one, and im glad i didnt because of this, and the videos on youtube about how bad it works with android. We pay as much as an apple costumer for a phone, in my case i have the galaxy s21 ultra.

Shame..
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_MHhZvMeeaymu
New
Thailand

Same here. I really wanted the OM4 but not anymore due lack of support for my S21 Ultra. Surely I will change my mind once DJI updates their compatibility with no missing functions.
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_ep9E5kpGm5fU
New

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 19:52

Please support the s21 ultra
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ep9E5kpGm5fU Posted at 6-8 00:48
Please support the s21 ultra

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung S21 Ultra be compatible with the said DJI Application. Rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.
2021-6-8
Use props
Nammalvar
New

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 23:48
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung S21 Ultra be compatible with the said DJI Application. Rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

Just cancelled my order. Good job folks
2021-6-20
Use props
djiuser_DEGq4e41D8iC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3683369 ft
United States

djiuser_rVTaXlNz615O Posted at 1-30 14:38

I Agree with your point. They want everyone to purchase apple products. ALL because magsafe and how its adapted to photography and the pocket mimo 2 . JUST like they didnt make a magsafe ring. But im an s21 owner and own the air 2s and wish i didnt purchase the dji om 4. Or the air 2s. the mavic 2 records at a higher video quality. AND THE UPWARD sensors are stupid over the side sensors they should have added. Theres a 1inch sensor with upward gimbal movement. They work like apple also. They slowly introduce technology in sales phases for third party companies to make adapters before coming out with the solution.  IM expecting a dji om 5 with it being telesopic with the controls on the handle. But overall there 3 year's ahead of other companies. What are we gonna do.
2021-6-23
Use props
Rafal Sokolowski
New

Poland

Ok. After the last Android update and the last mimo app, my Samsung s21 works with osmo 4. I had to reset my Bluetooth connection on both devices.
2022-1-27
Use props
djiuser_sJnuexPkYZw5
New
Nigeria

This is not nice DJI...ur preference for iPhones is becoming really irritating. If u are making a gimbal for just apple products, then just say so. I use a Samsung s21 Ultra and was to purchase the OM5 today but after all the comments and reviews I have seen so far, I am disappointed. I first experienced this unfair bias when I purchased my dji fpv drone. I was completely unable to use the flight simulator on my android phone and had some difficulty using the dji flight app for the activation process. I almost returned the drone out of frustration. You guys, it's 2022 now, u have to pay more attention to android users as well or u would keep losing out on those customers who are growing exponentially in numbers. I personally will never use an iPhone no matter how much preference u give apple, if it takes me not buying any more products from dji, I'd do that. Very unfair!
2022-2-2
Use props
djiuser_sJnuexPkYZw5
New
Nigeria

djiuser_apxi1OGDRQW7 Posted at 2021-5-19 01:51
This is a classic example of not listening to your customers, its such a shame when you see a company that clearly develops good and exciting products but then fails to back them up with customer service and the ability to be agile with software updates.

at the time of writing, DJI is worth $15 billion dollars and you say well why would they care, well it doesn't take much to find plenty of billion-dollar companies who forgot why they were there in the first place and spectacularly failed.  Take note Frank Wang.

I agree with this post. I hope they finally listen to their customers.
2022-2-2
Use props
Craig_Hanlen
New

Australia

I see that a lot of these posts date back to last year and I see on the DJI Mimo download centre that the S21 Ultra is still not compatible with the DJI Mimo. You do not make this intention clear when we purchase these items that you preference Apple phone products and do not purchase if you use Samsung, Can you just be honest and let us know whether you have any intention to do update your software to make it compatible with the S21 Ultra? Thank you.
2022-2-24
Use props
eduardo daniel
New
Peru

ESTOY muy decepcionado  viendo los comentarios  lleva mas de 1 año y nada con este problema  ------- Y ahora tengo S22 ULTRA  Y MUY DECEPCIONADO   COM MI DJI OSMO 4  Y EL APP DJI MIMO  ........ HASTA CUANDO SEÑORES  POR FAVOR  SOLUCION YAAAAAA
2022-4-11
Use props
djiuser_a5zGoE0wEvi0
New

Bangladesh

djiuser_rVTaXlNz615O Posted at 2021-1-30 14:38

Even other cheap gimbals are doing great. Its just DJI developers are lazy. I tried My friends Moza mini mx2 dolly zoom its working perfectly on my sony xperia 1 and i tested another chinese gimbal named hohem steady or something like that cant remember the name they worked perfectly on my phone
2022-5-1
Use props
Felicia Hockensmith
New

United States

I just purchased the dji OSMO Mobile SE for my Samsung S21 Ultra thinking it would work. But clearly not! So I'm sending it back!!!!
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Felicia Hockensmith Posted at 8-23 14:34
I just purchased the dji OSMO Mobile SE for my Samsung S21 Ultra thinking it would work. But clearly not! So I'm sending it back!!!!

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We do apologize that you came up with a decision to send back the unit. Please note that the DJI Osmo Mobile SE is fully compatible and will work with the Samsung S21 Ultra as shown in the image below. Feel free to contact us if you experience any issues with this mobile device. Thank you.
2023-9-2
Use props
kahixa
lvl.1

Germany

Users often rely on the compatibility of their mobile devices with various accessories, so it's essential for the manufacturers to address these concerns. If you have any further questions or need assistance with any other topics, please feel free to ask.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules