URGENT: Waypoint Data Location? Need to backup!
2308 7 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
schmal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127684 ft
  • >>>
Canada

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! TL;DR - Where's the waypoint 2.0 data kept? Need to backup & move!

I've inquired about this before, no responses. I've got a Waypoint 2.0 flight saved in my library, gear is Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro. The waypoint flight is a multi-year survey of a construction project. I need to find the data file and back it up somewhere so that it can be archived / moved to a new controller / moved to a new drone. It doesn't seem to be kept in the cloud as it doesn't show up in my library when I use the original stock controller. I've seen suggestions that there's a Waypoints folder on the SC, but all it contains is a how-to video. Where's the file?? Thanks.

2021-1-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is a reason why people use Litchi, as it allows you to create a waypoint flight, save it on the Litchi site, and then load it into the aircraft when you need it, even some months later.
2021-1-26
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-26 14:48
This is a reason why people use Litchi, as it allows you to create a waypoint flight, save it on the Litchi site, and then load it into the aircraft when you need it, even some months later.

Very helpful...geez
2021-1-26
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-26 14:48
This is a reason why people use Litchi, as it allows you to create a waypoint flight, save it on the Litchi site, and then load it into the aircraft when you need it, even some months later.
Be helpful.
2021-1-26
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Duplicate reply
2021-1-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Duplicate useless comment. And it may be helpful for he/she to know that there is a application designed just for the purpose that was mentioned.
2021-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On IOS,  the file you want is called waypoint.db it can actually be edited/viewed with an sql lite editor like https://sqlitebrowser.org - Im sure the smart controller version will be similar.   
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_f2rbPiRSifHQ
lvl.2

United States

I too would very much like to know where the file is stored and how to get to it.  My smart controller started acting strange (I couldn't edit waypoints, it just kept adding new ones and I had to re-pair my Mavic Pro every time I turned it on).  My only solution was to restore factory image.  It fixed My problem but I lost ALL of my waypoints.  We should be able to back these up.
2021-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules