12Next >
17638 50 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K-Castello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

Several times the message (MavicAir2): "Flight altitude restricted. Log in or go to real-name authentication (Code: 120948)". And I am certainly not in a restricted zone. Drone will not go higher than 30m and about 40m far. The problem is logging in. Try to log in again on the app (DJI Fly app), but to no avail. Logging out on the DJI site, at home via the PC and logging back in again: worked....
If you come across this on location, this is quite annoying
2021-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this info.
2021-1-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Good to know!
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It took me several times of trying to log in and on my computer of the DJI website to finally get the option to do a real name and be able to tie a phone number to the account.
2021-1-27
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-27 10:40
It took me several times of trying to log in and on my computer of the DJI website to finally get the option to do a real name and be able to tie a phone number to the account.

never been asked to enter a phone number. my account is linked to an email address
2021-1-28
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing .
2021-1-28
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

K-Castello Posted at 1-28 08:10
never been asked to enter a phone number. my account is linked to an email address

Back in August, I had a terrible time getting real name authorization to fly.  A call to DJI was not very helpful.  As I recall I was able to resolve the problem by going to https://www.dji.com/flysafe and doing an UNLOCKING REQUESTS which got me to the Real Name Verification.  

It may have changed since then.
2021-1-28
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-28 10:32
Back in August, I had a terrible time getting real name authorization to fly.  A call to DJI was not very helpful.  As I recall I was able to resolve the problem by going to https://www.dji.com/flysafe and doing an UNLOCKING REQUESTS which got me to the Real Name Verification.  

It may have changed since then.

I usually avoid places that are restrictive. Never have to make an unlock request.... If the weather is better here, i will try again with the new update.
2021-1-28
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

K-Castello Posted at 1-28 10:49
I usually avoid places that are restrictive. Never have to make an unlock request.... If the weather is better here, i will try again with the new update.

During the summer the DJI FlySafe Database had almost all of California under Authorization Request due to the fires.  The FlySafe Database is DJI's interpretation of air safety is often not consistent with that of the government.
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2021-1-28
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

Flew again today, and at the first time everything seemed normal, could easily reach 120m. (Android device without cellular). When changing the battery and another location, without restrictions, that message back. (Android Device without cellular) Had taken precautions, log in to pc at Dji site in advance and logged in to the app. After some cursing, switched from phone (android to IOS), switched off cellular and on airplane mode. Then it worked again. I don't think this is the intention?  
2021-1-31
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

Same here. On location. In an absolutely no restrictions zone.  Restrictions 30m and 50m. Logout. Login. Still restrictions. IOS without cellular. Still restrictions.  Restarted everything without cellular.  No restrictions.  Everything ‘normal’. The problem is that you don’t know what the status is if you start flying. It should be marked somewhere if it’s ok or not before flying. And not if you are flying already. And of course also a solution is needed.
2021-1-31
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

EmpieDrone Posted at 1-31 08:26
Same here. On location. In an absolutely no restrictions zone.  Restrictions 30m and 50m. Logout. Login. Still restrictions. IOS without cellular. Still restrictions.  Restarted everything without cellular.  No restrictions.  Everything ‘normal’. The problem is that you don’t know what the status is if you start flying. It should be marked somewhere if it’s ok or not before flying. And not if you are flying already. And of course also a solution is needed.

There is definitely a solution needed, it is indeed not that nice and waste of battery time
2021-1-31
Use props
ANTHONY.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90823 ft
Belgium

I still have this issue with my Air 2. Even after a FlySafe unlock
2021-2-3
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

ANTHONY. Posted at 2-3 08:35
I still have this issue with my Air 2. Even after a FlySafe unlock

I think anyway, if you log in to the DJI and stay logged in for a while, you have to log in to the site and then log in to the app again. but the problem keeps repeating. most of the time it just helps putting your phone on airplane mode.
2021-2-4
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

After experimenting I found: First before the flight, drone, and controller not yet power on. Open the app and log out. Close the app completely, so also close in the background. Open again and log in again .... Everything should work as desired.
2021-2-13
Use props
ab8a
lvl.1

Mexico

Hi, just logged out in PC and then Log in? that's it? sorry but I've tried almost everything and I'm about to send the drone back...
2021-2-15
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

ab8a Posted at 2-15 09:39
Hi, just logged out in PC and then Log in? that's it? sorry but I've tried almost everything and I'm about to send the drone back...

You must also log out in your app ... then close the app. Restart and log in (Dji fly app).
2021-2-15
Use props
ab8a
lvl.1

Mexico

K-Castello Posted at 2-15 09:41
You must also log out in your app ... then close the app. Restart and log in (Dji fly app).

Hi, it didn't work :/, I had to put it in "airplane mode" and allowed me to flight highier, still weird...
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_Kf9PlOB0Zt6r
New
Flight distance : 36329 ft
United States

I think we might have same problem, I’m using iPhone 11 pro as device. And the limit altitude problem appear. And i tried with my ipad it works normal. And I find out that for normal flying experience with my iphone i need to turn of my cellular data before connect to aircraft.

You can turn it on again when you already took off.

2021-2-19
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

ab8a Posted at 2-15 12:14
Hi, it didn't work :/, I had to put it in "airplane mode" and allowed me to flight highier, still weird...

it works that way too
2021-2-19
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

djiuser_Kf9PlOB0Zt6r Posted at 2-19 07:06
I think we might have same problem, I’m using iPhone 11 pro as device. And the limit altitude problem appear. And i tried with my ipad it works normal. And I find out that for normal flying experience with my iphone i need to turn of my cellular data before connect to aircraft.

You can turn it on again when you already took off.

Indeed the same problem, also with a Iphone 11. And have same issue with Ipad. so far, it works with logging in again and again
2021-2-19
Use props
rune.venes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9998369 ft
Norway

I have this problem also!
Where do we go to get a "real name" authentication?
When i start flying from home, everything is normal.
If i move 2 km away from my home, i managed to fly one battery, landed and swapped batteries, and the messaged came back.  
I've have an small airport 7 km away, but its only
2021-3-3
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

rune.venes Posted at 3-3 06:59
I have this problem also!
Where do we go to get a "real name" authentication?
When i start flying from home, everything is normal.

Indeed, also the same problem ... and you can get around that by placing your mobile phone on airplane mode. But it is not the intention. Hopefully, whatever the problem, DJI will fix this.
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_AJSfhkm8Ckaw
lvl.1

United States

K-Castello Posted at 1-28 08:10

Mauricio palacio
2021-3-4
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

MalibuEd Posted at 3-19 10:47
Same happened to m today. Normally I just get the restricted screen and check a few boxes and it unlocks and approves. Ever since I updated the fly zone database, it’s been making me log in or use name recognition. Sucks big time.
which mobile do you use..... more and more users have this problem, dji need to check this
2021-3-19
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

MalibuEd Posted at 3-21 12:50
I'm using the DJI Smart Controller

@DJI Stephen Are there any solutions to these problems here yet?
2021-3-22
Use props
mbomber33
New

United States

It happened too me to using the smart controller.   Everything was good until I updated my profile.  
After that it I could only go 30 up and 40 over.  
I logged out and back in on the controller once and I was good to go.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_M5gukdaKNWui
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18114 ft

Germany

same here.
My Solution is to restart the air2 and smart controller this fix it mostly.
but it sucks.
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_VZf0L9jN8ObN
New
South Africa

I also tried all the advice and nothing is working.
Its been two weeks without being able to fly.
Hopefully DJI can sort this out in a new update soon??? I also want to return the drone.
2021-4-3
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

djiuser_VZf0L9jN8ObN Posted at 4-3 23:29
I also tried all the advice and nothing is working.
Its been two weeks without being able to fly.
Hopefully DJI can sort this out in a new update soon??? I also want to return the drone.

I have no experience with a smart controller, if it connects to the internet, can you interrupt it?
2021-4-4
Use props
Jdavidg
lvl.2
United States

How can I logout  login with my smart controller when this limit occurs. If i am not at home with my computer ,what then?
2021-4-6
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

Jdavidg Posted at 4-6 19:06
How can I logout  login with my smart controller when this limit occurs. If i am not at home with my computer ,what then?

in the app: profile, settings and scroll down you see the login / logout button
2021-4-6
Use props
kevinbkk123
lvl.2

Thailand

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in, having the drone linked to my account, and not being a restriction flight zone. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen.
2021-4-7
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

kevinbkk123 Posted at 4-7 21:47
Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in, having the drone linked to my account, and not being a restriction flight zone. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen.

indeed, hope there will be a solution soon .... for the time being it works at airplane mode, once in the air you can set your mobile phone back to normal mode. @DJI Stephen
2021-4-8
Use props
rieghard
lvl.1

South Africa

I had the same extremely frustrating problem and just after reading all the posts and comments on this thread, I clicked on the Flysafe unlocking link and I was presented with a new option to verify my account, which I did and hopefully, this will now resolve all issues. Even received an email from DJI confirming that my identity has been successfully verified. Here is the website link - https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/

Hope it works for everyone else!!!
2021-4-9
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

rieghard@icloud.com Posted at 4-9 02:22
I had the same extremely frustrating problem and just after reading all the posts and comments on this thread, I clicked on the Flysafe unlocking link and I was presented with a new option to verify my account, which I did and hopefully, this will now resolve all issues. Even received an email from DJI confirming that my identity has been successfully verified. Here is the website link - https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/

Thank you for sure, I checked it and this was not filled in for me either. I have not yet been able to test it ... otherwise I will let you know. (hopefully stop the rain)
2021-4-10
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

rieghard@icloud.com Posted at 4-9 02:22
I had the same extremely frustrating problem and just after reading all the posts and comments on this thread, I clicked on the Flysafe unlocking link and I was presented with a new option to verify my account, which I did and hopefully, this will now resolve all issues. Even received an email from DJI confirming that my identity has been successfully verified. Here is the website link - https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/

This doesn’t helped me either. Even worse.  I was flying in a restricted zone yesterday and DJI Fly asked for my phone number to unlock the restrictions.  After filling what checkboxes about taking all the responsibility and being aware of the nearby airfield etc.... I was allowed to take off... But then!!! BAM ... again Max height 30m and 90m distance... Then again by switching off the cellular 4G I had only the 60m near airfield restriction for that zone but no distance restriction.  ??????? I really tried everything now.  Are there somehow people without this problem? I see this issue everywhere in all the DJI fora ?
2021-4-10
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Belgium

EmpieDrone Posted at 4-10 04:02
This doesn’t helped me either. Even worse.  I was flying in a restricted zone yesterday and DJI Fly asked for my phone number to unlock the restrictions.  After filling what checkboxes about taking all the responsibility and being aware of the nearby airfield etc.... I was allowed to take off... But then!!! BAM ... again Max height 30m and 90m distance... Then again by switching off the cellular 4G I had only the 60m near airfield restriction for that zone but no distance restriction.  ??????? I really tried everything now.  Are there somehow people without this problem? I see this issue everywhere in all the DJI fora ?

It is normal to have a height restriction close to an airport, if the upper limit in that zone is only 60m, it is normal ... but it is not normal to have that restriction in an open zone ... so far I have not been able to test and try out that extra info on my account.
2021-4-11
Use props
Kenino
New

Slovakia

K-Castello Posted at 4-8 06:31
indeed, hope there will be a solution soon .... for the time being it works at airplane mode, once in the air you can set your mobile phone back to normal mode. @DJI Stephen

Yes. Thank you, solution with phone in airplane mode works.
2021-4-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules