17552 50 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iIva2eqYKz1o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284843 ft
United States

In my experience with the Mavic Air 2, the DJI Geofence is inaccurate at least half of the time. It either locks you out from take off and other times allows you to fly up to 400ft in controlled airspace that requires LAANC approval. An example is a location that I frequently fly requires LAANC approval up to only 150ft, but DJI allows you to fly up to 400ft. This is airspace for a major international airport. For someone new to flying this could be a disaster. Also Having to log into DJI’s website with a computer to get their approval is utter BS. I get LAANC approval for most of my flights direct to my phone in under 5 minutes. They need to allow the LAANC code to be entered into the fly app.
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_F9ChXeACKCpW
lvl.1

Belgium

Same problem of max height and distance. In area where I have been flying miles to obtain my license. Log off logon in fly app does NOT fix the issue. (Europe BELGIUM)
2021-6-26
Use props
K-Castello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

djiuser_F9ChXeACKCpW Posted at 6-26 11:06
Same problem of max height and distance. In area where I have been flying miles to obtain my license. Log off logon in fly app does NOT fix the issue. (Europe BELGIUM)

it's been a while I've had the problem. I think with the previous updates the problem would have been solved. the other way around, airplane mode also solves this…. Also from belgium, greetz.
2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_9FXENcjCjBRT
New

United States

K-Castello Posted at 1-31 08:39
There is definitely a solution needed, it is indeed not that nice and waste of battery time

Exactly!  This situation caused, not only headaches, but for valuable time and battery power to be wasted.  Additionally, if I’m correct that most of these post are from January of this 2021, and currently it’s July 2021, it would have been nice for DJI to make some sort of announcement/statement; some type of something, acknowledging that this problem exists.  Instead, as I mentioned before, I waste valuable time, battery power, and now I’m more cautious verbally promoting this company to friends and family.  Poor communication, especially from businesses is really irritating to me.
2021-7-20
Use props
fansdc4c8877
New
Flight distance : 67575 ft
United States

I'm in the mountains in autumn for a few days -- incredible foliage. I brought my Mini 2 which I have flown many times before and suddenly my flights are restricted.

I have tried everything -- drone firmware, battery firmware, airplane mode, logging out of the website and the app and back in again, nothing will get this drone in the air.

DJI, what the hell is going on here? Why did I shell out all this money for a drone that I'm not allowed to fly? The error message is useless, it tells me nothing about what is actually wrong. If you're going to catch errors in your software, TELL THE USER HOW TO FIX THEM.

The most frustrating thing here is that there's no indication at all that there's an error until you actually go outside, connect, launch the drone, then get 29m into the air. What kind of user experience is that? To even find out if you've fixed the error (which I still haven't after 10+ tries and every bit of advice I can find on the internet) you have to launch the drone and hit the limit because there is no indication in the software that ANYTHING is wrong.

This is ridiculous. Give us the error on the ground. Tell us how to fix it.
2021-10-8
Use props
K-Castello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

fansdc4c8877 Posted at 10-8 10:40
I'm in the mountains in autumn for a few days -- incredible foliage. I brought my Mini 2 which I have flown many times before and suddenly my flights are restricted.

I have tried everything -- drone firmware, battery firmware, airplane mode, logging out of the website and the app and back in again, nothing will get this drone in the air.

ok i am also only a user of dji, and also i have this problem...how do i solve it? By simply putting your mobile phone on airplane mode before taking off. This is the solution. When your device is in the air, you can return it to normal mode.
2021-10-9
Use props
djiuser_QcYvlpASEJY5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1608 ft
United States

Can someone help me with this same issue?  DJI sent me a new drone (after a repair) and am flight restricted with real-name authentication...
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_QcYvlpASEJY5
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone help?  Having the same issue with real-name authentication after a new replacement drone was sent to me from DJI post-repair.  
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_QcYvlpASEJY5
lvl.1
United States

K-Castello Posted at 10-9 03:41
ok i am also only a user of dji, and also i have this problem...how do i solve it? By simply putting your mobile phone on airplane mode before taking off. This is the solution. When your device is in the air, you can return it to normal mode.

Putting my mobile phone in airplane mode didn't solve it for me....   Still having the same issue - so frustrating...
2021-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules