Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lag and latency with Raveneye
10200 22 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beatdemon
lvl.1
United States

Is anyone else getting major lag and latency with Raveneye? I'm using it with a Samsung S9 Cell phone and the picture is so delayed and freezes/sputters that it's rather useless. I'm very disappointed after having dropped $1,000 for the RS2 Pro Bundle. I've got the latest firmware for both the RS2 and Raveneye as well. I can't imagine everyone else is having the same problems but I'd like to know if this is a wide-spread issue or if I have a defective device.

Thank you,

Michael

2021-1-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this product experience.
Could you please check the version if your Android system? For connecting the RavenEye it requires Android 7.0 or above.

And could you please confirm the picture from the Ronin app (HDMI output) getting latency, not the picture from the camera screen? Which camera did you use with the RS2?
2021-1-27
Use props
breastfed
lvl.1
Germany

EDIT: deleted previous Post
2021-2-5
Use props
Beatdemon
lvl.1
United States

Hi Wanda, I was using a Sumsung S9, but I just this weekend traded it in for an Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max so we'll see if that was the issue. I'll let you know.
2021-2-20
Use props
Beatdemon
lvl.1
United States

Yep, tested Raveneye with Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max and it works much better. While it does occasionally lag, it isn't nearly as bad as it was with the Samsung S9. It must have to do with the GPU? At any rate, it would seem older phones are not recommended. The S9 is only 3 years old, but apparently that's too old.
2021-2-23
Use props
Hikari Pictures
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59528 ft
Poland

Im using RavenEye with GH5 and Xiaiomi Note 9pro lag is almost half of a second. Cheap Liliput A5 monitor via hdmi has better latency...  

My xiaiomi has very big screen. Its good to preview the shoot on nice ips display. But this lagg... Its even hard focus. How you guys try with other phones?
2021-3-2
Use props
GarethA
New

South Africa

Yes, I'm having terrible latency lag issues as well! Huawei P30 Pro. Is this impacting your Active Track functionality? Mine doesn't work - it violently sweeps from side to side until it loses tracking.
2021-4-10
Use props
MyMy
lvl.1
  • >>>
Switzerland

I'm adding my sorry voice to the list, I have a xiaomi mi10, thus gpu/cpu/ram/whatever shouldn't be an issue.
There is another thread with a video showing exactly how bad the lag is (unusable). The author concluded after trying 5 different android phones and one iphone, that raveneye just doesn't work (lag) on android.

It can't be serious? anyone can confirm this?
[edit] I borrowed an iphone (11), it works like a charm.

Thus, the incompatibility between the raveneye and android is by design or a bug?
2021-4-10
Use props
CKFOTO
lvl.1

Romania

Same problem here, after update to 01.02.00.20 raveneye firmware, ronin app v1.4.5(3474) and ronin rs2 firmware 01.03.00.50. The phone is the same, Samsung S10+ no software update before and after (I have the latest update). I had the change to record something one hour before the update and it was perfect. After the update, with the same camera settings, I have problems with the image from the phone freezing every 2 seconds for a few frames, this means that I can not record anything at all after the update!!!! Can I downgrade the update? It is normal to waist so much time on upgrades and downgrades? If I can not downgrade the firmare for raveneye and ronin rs2, how and WHEN will this problem be solved???  
Screenshot_20210411-181547.jpg
2021-4-11
Use props
Paul.mcb63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334475 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have the same issue, I didn't have it when I first got the Gimbal, I now have the same version firmware as above except my Bluetooth is 1.1, not that should matter as it's not being used. It's never happened before today! last shoot was on 29th march and it was working fine. I note the firmware hasn't been updated since then, so is it Android/Samsung that's caused it?  I'm on a samsung Note10+
2021-4-11
Use props
Paul.mcb63
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

Further to above, I just got my old Samsung S5 out of the draw and it seems to be working fine, although it went flat before I could test it for long. there was some breakup of the image at times, but that's probably just the speed of the old phone, or interference from the wifi in the house. It does seem that maybe there's an update to the more modern android phones that's causing it!Samsung S8 test next
2021-4-11
Use props
Paul.mcb63
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

Problem solved. If I do things in this order it works. any other order and the laggy video happens.
1 Turn on the Gimbal
2 Turn on the Raveneye
3 Turn on the camera

that's bottom up to make it easier to remember

4 Turn off Bluetooth on your phone
5 Connect Phone to the RavenEye Wifi
6 Open Ronin app
7 cancel enable bluetooth message
8 click connect to Raveneye blue message at bottom of screen

and it works every time!  
I was so confused when it worked on the older phones, then it started working on the Note 10+
I hope this helps others.
2021-4-11
Use props
CKFOTO
lvl.1

Romania

Paul.mcb63 Posted at 4-11 18:18
Problem solved. If I do things in this order it works. any other order and the laggy video happens.
1 Turn on the Gimbal
2 Turn on the Raveneye

Thanks for the info, I will check tonight!
2021-4-12
Use props
CKFOTO
lvl.1

Romania

Paul.mcb63 Posted at 4-11 18:18
1 Turn on the Gimbal
2 Turn on the Raveneye

No, not working for me...
2021-4-12
Use props
CKFOTO
lvl.1

Romania

We need an update/fix for this problem!!! DJI, somebody/anybody/everybody??
2021-4-12
Use props
CKFOTO
lvl.1

Romania

So, I have to options for you, after I reach DJI support, but solved the problem myself:

1. First one it is simple, just update the app (android version), it is not on google play app but you can download through the Ronin App, or DJI website. I had that information already, but did not trust it enough to install outside of Google play - this one worked for me!
2. Click on the list in the upper left corner to enter the "About" page, click on the firmware version, press and hold the text of the firmware version for 5 seconds in the "Firmware version", and then you can choose the version that needs to downgrade. You can use this method to downgrade the gimbal and the Raveneye firmware versions.
If it does not help, please kindly try another mobile device if possible.

Good luck!
2021-4-15
Use props
Santos Ramirez
New
Flight distance : 608583 ft
Poland

I had the same problem. The solution was an earlier version of the gimbal software. I didn't have to downgrade raveneye.
2021-4-29
Use props
Txomino
lvl.1

France

Same here. Super laggy so it's unusable.  I tried to downgrade firmware but no luck.
Also I have to enter the wifi password every time I connect to the raveneye. Super annoying.

With Huawei P30p
2021-5-2
Use props
KevT67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42818 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I'm also getting this lag with my android phone.
It's an Honor View 20 on the latest operating system V11.0
It was working fine until I upgraded the Ronin software today. Now it's all jittery with major lag.
When connected to my iPad it's fine.
Hope you're going to update your software again to fix this obvious bug.
2021-7-1
Use props
Lobsang
lvl.1
Australia

I've had the same issues with a Google Pixel 3a Android 11
I thought it was working well the first day I set it up a month ago - but that may have been the day it updated as I haven't had it work smoothly since.

I do have something that keeps turning Bluetooth back on which is annoying - I'm not sure yet whether that is Android auto or the Victorian Covid scan in app
So I will test with a new Android tablet when it arrives.

A particular reason I got the Gimbal was for fast panning at motorsport karting with a remote controller - which is going to be impossible if its lagged.

EDIT - I just realised I didn't have the app update I thought I did
I had not noticed the link to download an upgrade outside of the play store flash up. (Only after reinstalling a few times did I spot it)
That bought me to 1.4.8 instead of 1.4.5 - and the lag is gone , plus I have extra controls for the focus motor I was looking for

2021-9-3
Use props
eyalci
lvl.1
Turkey

Hello there,

I use Samsung A32 with Android 11.
A7 3 version 4.01

Raveneye doesn't work properly. There is a long laggin which makes that equipment unuseful.

I couldn't find a solution than writing support an email and a post here..

Do I have to buy another for using Rs2 with Raveneye?

2021-10-31
Use props
Wakusei
lvl.1

France

Hello, for me it was the same, after updated my raveneye , latence was horrible, i Downgraded the firmware  and the lag disappear..
On Xiaomi redmi note 10s and Sony A7III
TX
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_bTHdamCNEs20
New

Germany

CKFOTO Posted at 4-15 15:44
So, I have to options for you, after I reach DJI support, but solved the problem myself:

1. First one it is simple, just update the app (android version), it is not on google play app but you can download through the Ronin App, or DJI website. I had that information already, but did not trust it enough to install outside of Google play - this one worked for me!
Thank you!!! It works!
I downgrade the Raveneye to V01.01.00.10
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules