Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Sharing User Data CASA?
858 3 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ive heard from a few people living in Brisbane, within 10mins of them flying (in restricted space) they had calls from the tower telling them to land their drones.

I wasn't aware CASA or AirServices has access to operator data and wondered how this could happen as neither person registered their drone and one only bought it that day and it was their first flight.

I think its a good change for the industry but does anyone have any info about this and whether its being rolled out around the country?
2021-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like they are winding you up.
2021-1-27
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No, I'm a licensed operator I really hope that this is the case.  These guys had no reason to lie they were new to drones and actually didn't know they couldn't fly there, they said the person was quite nice on the phone when they explained they just got their drones.  I don't know if this is a trial within Brisbane but I've not heard it happening anywhere else but to hear it from two people in one night and another guy said one of his staff had this happen to him also its too much of a coincidence to be a random exercise.  I am just curious about how they know who is flying and have their mobile number to call, I thought privacy laws in Australia meant this was not possible but I hope this has changed and people start getting caught for doing the wrong thing.  
2021-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CR3 Posted at 1-27 04:29
No, I'm a licensed operator I really hope that this is the case.  These guys had no reason to lie they were new to drones and actually didn't know they couldn't fly there, they said the person was quite nice on the phone when they explained they just got their drones.  I don't know if this is a trial within Brisbane but I've not heard it happening anywhere else but to hear it from two people in one night and another guy said one of his staff had this happen to him also its too much of a coincidence to be a random exercise.  I am just curious about how they know who is flying and have their mobile number to call, I thought privacy laws in Australia meant this was not possible but I hope this has changed and people start getting caught for doing the wrong thing.

Perhaps the ATC people had Aeroscope.

https://www.dji.com/uk/aeroscope
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules