11947 15 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d977f25
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

Dear developers!

Almost every large photo-video company (Sony, Panasonic, Canon) launched PC/MAC companion apps last year that provides webcam functionallity for their cams.
Event DJI direct competitor GO Pro provides functionality to use Go Pro as a webcam.

For the last years a huge amount of OSMO users asked to bring that feature to OSMO platform and MIMO app.

So, please, give it to us:
1. Provide DJI Mimo companion app for Mac/PC that will be able to control OSMO Pocket/Pocket 2 wired/wirelessly and to record video/audio directly to Mac/PC drive.
2. It will be also nice to provide default drivers to use Pocket/Pocket2 in such software as QuickTime/Skype/Zoom as webcam with mic.

Forum users! Please, reply to sign in that petition, if you agree with this opinion.

DJI team, please provide us feedback on this question. It's not so complicated. Why others compamies could do this flawlessly?
2021-1-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be nice to have but not sure if DJI will accommodate.
2021-1-27
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Maybe we should first hope that they will fix the current functionalities.. it's been months already... it doesn't even have basic things such as hdr photo.. webcam.. wow.. one step at a time
2021-1-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Absolutely agree with the first post. It would benefit both users and the company, as we would get more functionality and DJI would get more selling points and more customers.
2021-2-7
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

It needs accessory. Here is DJI answer.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234929
2021-2-7
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I don't need or want webcam function.  I already have a webcam.
If too many extra functions are added, the menu system will become a nightmare to navigate.

KISS  - Keep It Simple Stupid  
2021-2-7
Use props
hendrikehlersmac.com
lvl.1

Namibia

I absolutely agree. It is ridiculous that DJI totally ignores their clients.
2021-2-10
Use props
wguzman
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

John Walker Posted at 2-7 08:52
If too many extra functions are added, the menu system will become a nightmare to navigate.

Good for you know the 99.9% of th users want that
2021-2-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

John Walker Posted at 2-7 08:52

Not all people do have separate webcams, and even if they did, it usually doesn't have the chance to control the camera movement automatically, like it would be maybe possible to apply here.

As for the possible menu complications, it might be that it doesn't need to be that complicated. It could be done in a way that it only appears when connecting the camera to PC, first a menu (that already exists) for asking if the user wants to connect to PC when connecting the USB, then after accepting that there could be another asking whether to connect it as a card reader or a webcam. Only two menus - not that hard, right?
2021-2-11
Use props
AreHV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 909216 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Supports this proposal!
Opportunity to use OSMO Pocket as a WEB camera with face tracking functionality had increased the value of the camera significantly for me.
Hope DJI also sees the same potential.
2021-6-23
Use props
kfh
lvl.2
Denmark

On new Apple computers with M1 chip it is actually possible to install the MiMo App and control the Osmo Pocket 2.

The App is not approved for this use, but it works (not well, alas). Installation is very fiddly, and you need to use the advise in this link https://forum.dji.com/thread-228866-1-1.html to make the WiFi connection manually, before things will work. This is a screen shot from my Mac Mini M1 with Big Sur 11.4:

The App needs a few manual configurations (i.e. allowing access to location, image directory etc), and it is not really that usable, since it is impossible to rotate the app to landscape use (easier to rotate an iPhone ;-) The biggest problem is, that the DJI Pocket 2 gets extremely hot after some minutes (22C, indoor overcast outside, fresh air) and then looses the WiFi connection.

But in theory, DJI could easily adjust the App code to make it work on all M1 equipped Macs; they just haven't discovered the option it seems (DJI is not that active, when it comes to discovering a better customer experience - see all the entries requesting firmware updates to remedy this, that and the other "insufficiency" in the DJI Pocket 2).

Regards
2021-6-23
Use props
Papierflieger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 472329 ft
Germany

Needed!
And a new firmware update as well!
2021-6-23
Use props
Waterglass
New

Singapore

I can't agree more!
Pocket has a very nice movement on GImbo that normal webcam unable to provide.
If Pocket able to connect to MAC/PC as a webcam via a cable or the DIY handle WIFI transmission just as it does with Phone. It will greatly improve the functionality.
More streamer would love it!!!

I had seen post since 2-3 years back on this topic but until now, no progress.
I had also feedback to technical support team in their official Chinese Wechat portal half a year ago.  The only answer i got is they will escalate it to the product team. .....

2021-8-18
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I second this. I really need it. I am using my samsung DEX to use the window of DEX as an input on OBS just to use this damn thing as a webcam...
2021-9-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

It seems Insta360 made this first with Sony sensor. Never expected that.
https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-link
2022-8-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aavalaakso Posted at 8-2 08:08
It seems Insta360 made this first with Sony sensor. Never expected that.
https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-link

And it seems to cost more than the Pocket 2!  Hmmmm.  Seems to be aimed at the corporate sector.
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules