Connection Issues from Mavic 2 Pro to RC
349 3 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Liam Óg Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768704 ft
Ireland

Hello there. I lost the connection from the DJI 4 app on my Huawei P20 to the Mavic 2 Pro while it was at 100 metres altitude in (Irish) cold weather 3 weeks ago. Thankfully it wasn't too far away to fly home without great difficulty. I figured it must be the android to RC lead that was at fault so I switched to the USB cable. That worked for about a day or so but then the same connection issues, that were affecting the android lead, arose; basically it would say 'ok to fly' on the app for a fleeting few seconds before reverting to 'enter device'. I've tried to link the aircraft at least 50 times. Sometimes it did work at the start and I'd be able to fly with an RC connection immediately afterwards, if I was at home and my phone had strong wifi. It has stopped linking in the last week or so. I calibrated the sensors on DJI Assistant 2 eventually yesterday, as the macbook screen kept freezing during the calibration process. I thought that might help but it hasn't. I've taken the SD card out and tried but that hasn't worked. I'm open to suggestions as I've a couple of gigs coming up in the next few weeks and I'd prefer not to have to send it away to Germany to be fixed.
Regards,
Liam.

2021-1-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Liam Óg Drone. Thanks for reaching and our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. To verify further does the remote prompt that it is disconnected to the aircraft or requires linking once you turned on both? If you have not tried before, we suggest performing an update or firmware refresh, if they're already running the latest version, for both the remote and aircraft via the DJI Assistant 2. You can also try it out with a different mobile device, if you have any spare, to check whether that makes any difference.
2021-1-27
Use props
Liam Óg Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768704 ft
Ireland

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-27 06:07
Hi, Liam Óg Drone. Thanks for reaching and our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. To verify further does the remote prompt that it is disconnected to the aircraft or requires linking once you turned on both? If you have not tried before, we suggest performing an update or firmware refresh, if they're already running the latest version, for both the remote and aircraft via the DJI Assistant 2. You can also try it out with a different mobile device, if you have any spare, to check whether that makes any difference.

I checked an alternative mobile device with the drone yesterday and it flew with no connection issues. So, you're right, it seems I need a new port on the phone. Much appreciated
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Liam Óg Drone Posted at 1-28 02:36
I checked an alternative mobile device with the drone yesterday and it flew with no connection issues. So, you're right, it seems I need a new port on the phone. Much appreciated

That's great to know and glad that it was all sorted out.
2021-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules