1505 15 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ppwzliESbha6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34377 ft
Cyprus

Hi everyone!

I tell one story of using Waypoints which was cause of lost drone. And this is due to  DJI Apps error.

As was discussed on forum, when you flight by Waypoints the Drone will cancel mission if it loses the connection and finds it again. The Drone stops, mission stops. This is a error of DJI and it makes Waypoints unusable for long distance or for mission where signal might be intermittent.

To fix this App’s error you have to switch off you remote control in the beginning of the mission while the connection doesn’t became intermittent. If you switch off the remote, the mission will be done!  Do you understand the risk of it?

The switched off remote control doesn’t allow to have flight data records. For example, if Drone decided to land in 700 meters of Home point on return way, you don’t have landing coordinates in your remote and you will not find you drone.

So you have to risk by drone because DJI App has mistakes. This is unfair!

This was happened with me. My Drone did the same Waypoints misson 5 times, but it didn't return after the 6th same mission. I think, it didn’t have enough battery for return because suddenly it was windy and it had to land nearby Home point.

If I didn't have to turn off the remote control to fix the app error, the signal would appear on the way back and I would know the landing location.

So I can’t find drone now because of DJI Apps error!

What do you think ?

2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

This is not a DJI error.

Canceling WayPoints missions when the signal to the Controller is lost is a reasonable safety feature.  I would assume DJI does not want you to switch off the Controller to bypass the mission cancelation for safety reason.  In the unlikely event that an aircraft or in air issue occurred the pilot would be unaware and unable to take some action to alleviate the danger that an uncontrolled drone poses.
2021-1-27
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry for your loss  

Post a log from one of the the 5 good missions

and the log from the bad mission.
2021-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened and you have lost your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If the said DJI Drone is still within the warranty period, DJI will help to apply data analysis and a proper solution will be provided based on the result of the data analysis. You may contact or DJI Support Team at : https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_ppwzliESbha6
lvl.1
Cyprus

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-27 11:14
This is not a DJI error.

Canceling WayPoints missions when the signal to the Controller is lost is a reasonable safety feature.  I would assume DJI does not want you to switch off the Controller to bypass the mission cancelation for safety reason.  In the unlikely event that an aircraft or in air issue occurred the pilot would be unaware and unable to take some action to alleviate the danger that an uncontrolled drone poses.

This is not true.
Mission settings have a special option: Continue the mission if the signal is lost. In addition, the mission always continues when the signal is lost for any reason. That is, the loss of the signal does not stop the mission. This is provided by the DJI app.

The mission is stopped at the moment when the drone finds the signal again. For example, if drone flies behind a building and looses its signal, the mission will continue. However, when it flies out from behind the building and reconnects to the remote, the mission will be stopped at that point. That's DJI's error.
Many people complain about this in another topic: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=183552

So in order for the Drone to complete the mission, I have to prevent the reconnection with remote.
In this case, if your Drone decides to land 700 meters from the Home Point on its return way, you will not have record of landing coordinates.

So, because of the error in the App I had to switch off my remote and that is why I don’t have record of landing coordinates.
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_ppwzliESbha6
lvl.1
Cyprus

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 19:29
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened and you have lost your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If the said DJI Drone is still within the warranty period, DJI will help to apply data analysis and a proper solution will be provided based on the result of the data analysis. You may contact or DJI Support Team at : https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

I’ve asked DJI support to lock my drone if someone find it and try to fly. But they refused. And I do not understand why, because I am the owner and I ask them to help find the drone in this way.
2021-1-28
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_ppwzliESbha6 Posted at 1-28 02:53
This is not true.
Mission settings have a special option: Continue the mission if the signal is lost. In addition, the mission always continues when the signal is lost for any reason. That is, the loss of the signal does not stop the mission. This is provided by the DJI app.

I agree that the mission should not abort when the drone reconnects to the RC after losing signal.  The opposite of the drone aborting the mission when it loses signal makes more sense.  But it does what it does.

You admittedly intentionally turned off your remote to complete the mission.  Therefore, you incur the sole responsibility for the loss of the drone.  But your argument is eroded when you elected to turn off your controller.

I feel your pain.  How long have you had the drone?  Is it still under warrantee?  Do you have DJI Care/Refresh?
2021-1-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-27 11:14
This is not a DJI error.

"Canceling WayPoints missions when the signal to the Controller is lost is a reasonable safety feature. "

The Litchi app purposely permits the mission to continue when signal is lost, and it is therefore one of the most important features of the app. I have flown many missions where the aircraft is out of range of the RC unit but the mission continues until it is complete.
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_ppwzliESbha6
lvl.1
Cyprus

I don't have DJI Care or Refresh, but  it is still under Warranty. However DJI don't want to process my case because I don't have records of data flight due switched of remote.

I just asked them to lock drone or inform me if someone find my drone and start flying.  They can do that, but they don't do and not explain why....
It is not friendly I think...
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_ppwzliESbha6
lvl.1
Cyprus

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 19:29
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened and you have lost your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If the said DJI Drone is still within the warranty period, DJI will help to apply data analysis and a proper solution will be provided based on the result of the data analysis. You may contact or DJI Support Team at : https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Dear DJI Stephen

Could you please help or advice me. How to convince DJI support to lock my drone or inform me who is flying now?

I think my drone was found by someone (not stolen) and this person don't know how to find me. That man would return my drone if he knew about me and that it's my drone. You can help me in that if you inform that person by App when he starts fly.  Why don't DJI do like this ?  

I asked them, but they answered me 3 times:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to locate or block your stolen DJI product unless the person who stole your drone is flying your drone and synchronizing the flight recordings on the DJI GO 4 application with your DJI account."

I don't belive that DJI don't see my dron's S/N in App of alien man.
How to convince DJI support to lock my drone or inform me who is flying now?

2021-1-29
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-28 15:43
"Canceling WayPoints missions when the signal to the Controller is lost is a reasonable safety feature. "

The Litchi app purposely permits the mission to continue when signal is lost, and it is therefore one of the most important features of the app. I have flown many missions where the aircraft is out of range of the RC unit but the mission continues until it is complete.

Geebax,

I agree that DJI's logic on canceling the mission when the drone reconnects is illogical.  Thanks for the information on third party alternatives.
2021-1-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Cant see how this is a problem,  given most places on the planet demand visual line of sight, the chance of a signal loss is minimal and if it stops, you can clearly see where  it is....
2021-1-30
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

gnirtS Posted at 1-30 04:21
Cant see how this is a problem,  given most places on the planet demand visual line of sight, the chance of a signal loss is minimal and if it stops, you can clearly see where  it is....

Setting WayPoints to circle a building or object where the signal is obstructed comes to mind.  It is technically a VLOS violation but only for short period of time during which the pilot can still observe the airspace is clear and safe to operate.  
2021-1-30
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_ppwzliESbha6 Posted at 1-29 01:03
I don't have DJI Care or Refresh, but  it is still under Warranty. However DJI don't want to process my case because I don't have records of data flight due switched of remote.

I just asked them to lock drone or inform me if someone find my drone and start flying.  They can do that, but they don't do and not explain why....

Switching your remote doesn't  affect your flight logs.
These are stored on your phone or tablet which ever you are using
and would still be there.
2021-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Pleomax Posted at 1-30 12:22
Switching your remote doesn't  affect your flight logs.
These are stored on your phone or tablet which ever you are using
and would still be there.

"Switching (off) your remote doesn't  affect your flight logs."

It most certainly does affect your logs, without the transmitter (RC) running, there is no way to receive the flight data from the aircraft.
2021-1-30
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 1-30 14:27
"Switching (off) your remote doesn't  affect your flight logs."

It most certainly does affect your logs, without the transmitter (RC) running, there is no way to receive the flight data from the aircraft.

Hi GeeBax

There must be a glitch on the forum.

This post wasn't posted by me.
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules