Need help setting up RavenEye with SC2
5787 9 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TobiasRonin
lvl.1
Netherlands

I bought the RSC2 Pro combo yesterday, and I'm trying to set it up.

My gear:

Canon 80D
Sigma 18-35mm 1.8
Phone: Oneplus Nord

Cables:

HDMI C to C (RavenEye to camera)
USB-C to USB-C 300mm (RavenEye charge symbol to gimbal wifi symbol)
USB-C to Mini-USB from Gimbal RSS to Canon 80D

I turn on the SC2, my camera and the RavenEye. The RavenEye turns blue.
Once I set up my DJI Ronin app I connect it to the RavenEye. I get the message: "Connecting to RavenEye will disconnect gimbal from DJI Ronin. Continue?
I continue. I can see the live image feed on my phone, but I cannot change my camera settings or use force mobile. If I click an icon it says "gimbal not connected".

Bluetooth is turned off, as the app recommends.

There was a firmware update that I did as well.

How do I fix this? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel like the gimbal and RavenEye are supposed to communicate in a way they're not doing. Help please!

2021-1-27
Use props
TobiasRonin
lvl.1
Netherlands

RavenEye blocks use of Gimbal on my phone. HELP!

I bought the RSC2 Pro combo yesterday, and I'm trying to set it up.

My gear:

Canon 80D
Sigma 18-35mm 1.8
Phone: Oneplus Nord

Cables:

HDMI C to C (RavenEye to camera)
USB-C to USB-C 300mm (RavenEye charge symbol to gimbal wifi symbol)
USB-C to Mini-USB from Gimbal RSS to Canon 80D

I turn on the SC2, my camera and the RavenEye. The RavenEye turns blue.
Once I set up my DJI Ronin app I connect it to the RavenEye. I get the message: "Connecting to RavenEye will disconnect gimbal from DJI Ronin. Continue?
I continue. I can see the live image feed on my phone, but I cannot change my camera settings or use force mobile. If I click an icon it says "gimbal not connected".

Bluetooth is turned off, as the app recommends.

There was a firmware update that I did as well.

How do I fix this? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel like the gimbal and RavenEye are supposed to communicate in a way they're not doing. Help please!

2021-1-28
Use props
TobiasRonin
lvl.1
Netherlands

Why does nobody reply to my 2 day old thread

When threads that are only 2 hours old get 20 replies?
2021-1-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry for the belated reply. As you mentioned in the previous post, the LED light on the RavenEye was blue, could you please check if the wifi connection is done?
Is there any video that you can send us to check, thank you in advanced.
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_5pOGgyAohPRk
lvl.1
Canada

Hello I am having the same issue with my Nikon z6

Says "gimbal not connected"  in the raven eye screen.
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_gUoln6H2lBk7
New
United States

I have a Nikon Z6 attached to my recent purchased DJI Ronin RSC-2.  When I use the Raveneye it will display my cameras point of view while the camera is in Photo mode to my phone using the Ronin App. when I switch the camera to Video the live feed goes black. Did you also experience this? if so please help, is there a setting in the Nikon Z6 that needs adjusting?
2021-1-31
Use props
ej2704
New

Poland

Hi, have you maybe solved this issue? Because I have exactly the same problem...
2021-2-5
Use props
djiuser_v51s7pyea1QQ
New

United States

Good grief, does DJI support even DO anything? This post was made in January and they still haven't posted any helpful responses. I am also having this issue. It's the middle of May now and I can't find an answer to this issue anywhere. I went into this knowing I was going to have limited functionality with my old Nikon D750, but like others on here and other forums as well, I am still able to use Raven Eye in-app. I am also able to control the gimbal in-app on my phone. I cannot however, use both in the app at the same time. I get the same message stating that turning on Raven Eye will disconnect the gimbal. This makes absolutely no sense and it's aggravating considering how expensive these systems and gimbals are.
Also, a side note. The 3D Focus System just flat out doesn't work and there's no fix for that either and it doesn't matter how new or old your camera is for that. I think DJI just doesn't have a clue what their own products even do when they leave the engineer's table given the paltry responses to every issue I've seen in their various forums.
HEY DJI! YOU THERE? WE NEED HELP!

Gimbal - RS2
Camera - Nikon D750
2021-5-14
Use props
marakiboutz
New

United States

I am having the same issue but with a Sony A7iii. In various ways the app is telling me the gimbal (RSC2) is not connected to RavenEye.

My Cables are set up with the provided cables in my kit. they are the following:
• HDMI D to C (10) | HDMI in Camera & RavenEye
• USB C to Sony Multi (2) | USB C in RSS port on Gimbal, Sony multi in Multi Port on Sony
• USB C to USB C (7) | USB C in USB port on Raven Eye, USB C in USB port with wifi marker on Gimbal

When I try to switch modes from Video to camera I receive the following message - Cable Disconnected
I can NOT enable force mobile, Joystick, Focus Control, Active Track.

Both the RavenEye, and Gimbal have been updated to the most recent firmware.

I really dont know what else to try. I have switched cables, changed the order in which I turn on the devices, followed recommendations from multiple posts and youtube videos.. I feel as though Ive exhausted all options I could find. HELPPPP!

2021-10-1
Use props
Big Buzz Productions
New
United Kingdom

Check you have plugged the USB-c into the correct end of the Raveneye - ie not next to the HDMI port but the other end of the unit.
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules