Mobile SDK for Android Doesn't Support Android App Bundles.
601 2 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yx5E98posQMJ
lvl.1

United States

Without getting into too much detail. The DJI SDK fails on registration when compiled as an Android App Bundle (AAB). This is true for our code as well as DJI's own example github called Android Sample Bundle. The steps taken are as follows:
  • download DJI's sample code.
  • obtained a AppKey using "dji.sample.appbundlesupport" as instructed.
  • replaced "Please enter your App Key here." with our app key in the dynamic_dji_sdk->manifests->Androidmanifest.xml
  • If I build and deploy the app as an apk (using the configuration setting "Default APK"), it works as expected ('load dynamic' runs successfully and the SDK registration succeeds when 'Go to SDK' is pressed). If it is deployed as an aab (using the configuration setting "Using APK from app bundle"), it reports "load failed" and SDK registration cannot be attempted. This failure happens when it tried to register the app.
Some that we have worked with have claimed that it works correctly and is registering however I have a hard time believing that. A recent article from Drone DJ suggest that new android versions are no longer on Play from DJI. I don't know if this is related.

Please prove me wrong and get the registration to work correctly with a compiled AAB so we can deploy our app to the Google Play Console.
Thanks!

2021-1-27
Use props
想养一条边牧
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1155 ft
Hong Kong

Maybe you can contact the DJI directly.
https://formcrafts.com/a/dji-developer-feedback-en
2021-1-28
Use props
BirdOne
lvl.1

United States

Hello, we have been in contact with DJI support for some time and unfortunately our issue still persists. . Our hope is that someone else in the community can either confirm or refute our claims in hopes of resolving this issue once and for all.
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules