New Pocket 2 Firmware Released (01/28/2021)
12Next >
19727 72 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.01.28
  • Firmware: V01.03.00.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: V1.5.11
  • DJI Mimo App Android: V1.5.10

What’s New?
  • Optimized auto focus in low temperature environments.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

2021-1-27
Use props
fao7an
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81937612 ft
Indonesia

Hope better
2021-1-27
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Nothing else?

After reading the forums I hoped at least 10 things on the list..
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seems like a smaller update.
But focus in low temperature.
Never knew that temperature would affect focus.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 1-28 00:43

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and if you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Pocket 2 Firmware. Please feel free to post I here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 02:03
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and if you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Pocket 2 Firmware. Please feel free to post I here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

No concerns here, but there were quite some things on peoples 'wishlists' that were not implemented yet
2021-1-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-28 00:43

I had no problems here with reindeers and snow.

How they can fix things we don't even know but not upgrading things we want here in the forums.

2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-28 03:10
I had no problems here with reindeers and snow.

How they can fix things we don't even know but not upgrading things we want here in the forums.

Oh that is new for me.
It could be possible that the temperature was an issue, but I find this strange since focus is probably mechanical.
Temperature for sure is.
So in that case there must be something in the software that uses a temperature readout and decides how to focus.
2021-1-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-28 03:19
Oh that is new for me.
It could be possible that the temperature was an issue, but I find this strange since focus is probably mechanical.
Temperature for sure is.

The most weirdest thing is that they are not adding webcam function. We are working at homes. With that function DJI could sell hell a lot more Pockets.
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-28 04:35
The most weirdest thing is that they are not adding webcam function. We are working at homes. With that function DJI could sell hell a lot more Pockets.

Who needs a webcam
(seriously, I never needed one)
2021-1-28
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

Can someone test the tracking function with this new firmware? I have done a fast test in home and now it seems works better.
2021-1-28
Use props
fansb26944ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555417 ft
Israel

Yayoastur Posted at 1-28 05:17
Can someone test the tracking function with this new firmware? I have done a fast test in home and now it seems works better.

Are you checked the ActiveTrack feature with recording enabled?
2021-1-28
Use props
ChrisNenkov
New

Bulgaria

DJI GET ATTENTION ON THAT!
I think the main idea of that camera is for vloggers and people who want to make videos and photos for internet. If this is the main idea for it we need to have the things that are most used for using it like a vlog camera.
1. - There is a real need of an option to watch what you are shooting now as a vlogger on bigger screen - like on a Laptop or PC.
2. - Didn't find an options and modes for live streaming on the most popular in the world platforms - Facebook , Twitch , Youtube. Actually i think it's not possible at moment as we can't connect the camera to our computers so we can use it as an a web camera or some other way.
3. - It will be cool to have an option that can be choosed directly from the menu for already maded settings for : Streaming , Day vlog , night vlog , indoor vlog , outdoor vlog because lot of the vloggers buyed creator combo like me as i just believe DJI made this cam for me to use it for my Youtube Channel, Twitch , Facebook and all my other social medias , but after i've already gave around 600 dollars i understood that i have to make all the setting alone... But i'm a vlogger, not an operator... How can i know which is just the best setting for my exact vlog i want to shoot?
Those problems are not small ... And i think you have to get attention on that,because i think 70% of the owners of Pocket 2 are exactly Vloggers ... And i'm starting to regret it that i've spent 600 dollars on a cam with pack named "Creator combo" that seems are not that creative and usefull that it looks they are...
2021-1-28
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

fansb26944ed Posted at 1-28 05:45
Are you checked the ActiveTrack feature with recording enabled?

Yes. Have you tested your OP 2?
2021-1-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-28 04:57
Who needs a webcam
(seriously, I never needed one)

I work remotely and I have 4 different work spots. I like to have camera in each spot for conferences nearly daily. Pocket would get one of those.

I don't understand why laptops have webcams. Quality is so incredible terrible that nobody use those.
I also know actually many who have setup webcam work spots using GoPros and that image quality is very good. That was very smart move providing web software in 2020.

Some are using dslr for web but those are too heavy for web use in my opinion.
2021-1-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

I noticed this too it was very fast. But I did not try it while recording.
2021-1-28
Use props
fansb26944ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555417 ft
Israel

Yayoastur Posted at 1-28 07:06
Yes. Have you tested your OP 2?

Yes, I tested my OP2 in compare with OP1.
Until recording is not enabled - ActiveTrack performance is pretty same and fine on both pockets.
When I enable recording - OP2 starts to lag and quickly loses objects. OP1 ActiveTrack performance stay rocky solid, reliable and not related to recoding. Same thing was on the previous firmware(s).
So, things are not changed... as minimum from my point of view.
2021-1-28
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

fansb26944ed Posted at 1-28 11:10
Yes, I tested my OP2 in compare with OP1.
Until recording is not enabled - ActiveTrack performance is pretty same and fine on both pockets.
When I enable recording - OP2 starts to lag and quickly loses objects. OP1 ActiveTrack performance stay rocky solid, reliable and not related to recoding. Same thing was on the previous firmware(s).

Oh .... I sold my osmo pocket 1 and I can't compare them but I'm sure it works better(better than the previous firmware) for me. It's not perfect, of course, but it was hardly useful before. Now, at least on my device, it works a lot better.

I hope other users can check it too and see what they think.
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-28 09:21
I work remotely and I have 4 different work spots. I like to have camera in each spot for conferences nearly daily. Pocket would get one of those.

I don't understand why laptops have webcams. Quality is so incredible terrible that nobody use those.

I get that!
I usually do without the camera.
The internet connection is sometimes very laggy.
2021-1-28
Use props
tomasdlc
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 02:03

Things that I still think need to be improved or added in future updates:

- The connection between the phone / application and the device is unreliable, although this depends a lot on the specific phone and the version of android / IOS installed on it.
- Timelapses and Motionlapses are only 1080p when Hyperlapses can be 4K.
- At 4K 60fps Active Tracking is not available, but at 4K 50fps, yes.
- At 4K 60fps and with the wifi module in place, you cannot set the color mode to D-Cinelike
- In lock mode and hyperlapse, the gimbal gradually drifts to one side (left or right).
- You cannot change the brightness of the screen, nor the time for the screen to automatically turn off.
- Can't adjust Sharpness
- Cannot record in H265
- When recording in 4K 50fps, the image does not look completely fluid, the visual effect being like that of a recording made at 15 or 20fps. It is mainly noticeable when panning.
- The bitrate when recording in slow motion is too low.
- It is not possible to record at 1080p 120fps at normal speed and with audio, to be able to generate the slow cameras in the later editing and applying it to only parts of the video
- There are many intense bluish chromatic aberrations when there are strong contrasts outdoors and in sunlight.
- The HDR in video is hardly noticeable and is also limited to a maximum of 2.7K 30fps and with a large image crop, equivalent to more or less a 1.7X zoom
- In general and in good light, the camera always tends to overexpose. Although it can be compensated by setting the EV normally to -0.7, the exposure setting would have to be more precise.
- Maximum Quality cannot be activated at 4K 60fps
- If recording at 4K 60fps (since at 50fps the video does not look smooth) and with the anti-flicker at 50fps, the minimum shutter speed remains at 1/100 which hurts in low light conditions
- Although it may be a problem with only my device, if you record until the battery runs out and the camera turns off, the device may reset to factory settings and even firmware updates may disappear, leaving the camera with the original firmware that the Pocket 2 came with.
- Firmware can only be installed by APP and by connecting camera with phone via usb adapter. The possibility of being able to download the firmware from the web page and be able to install it manually from the memory card would be appreciated, as can be done in most cameras.
- The Mimo application seems that sometimes it is not updated in the Google store (in Apple's I do not know it) and you have to download the apk of the latest version from the DJI website.
- In the camera itself there is no option in the menu to change the Wi-Fi between 2.4 and 5GHz, nor to be able to disable Wi-Fi.
- Motion lapse in camera can only be set 2 control points, while in app 4 can be set.
- In the application you can only do slow motion at -4X, while in the camera itself it can be done at -4X and -8X
- The maximum exposure time in Photos is 8 ", when in many other cameras it can be reached 30".

Keep in mind that many things on this list are based on comparing the current options of the Pocket 2 with those that already have cheaper cameras such as the Fimi Palm or the Feiyu Pocket.
A camera like the Pocket 2 should also include them if it wants to remain the best and the reference in these types of cameras.

I hope that at least all these items on the list are taken into account and reach the DJI technicians.

Thank you
2021-1-28
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done. Nice list.
2021-1-28
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.2

Canada

Just give me 100Mb/s bitrate for 4K/24/25/30P, I would be happy for a while.
2021-1-29
Use props
AHB_Pck
lvl.3
Turkey

Blellow Posted at 1-28 16:50
Well done. Nice list.

I absolutely agree with you. When we use the device until its battery runs out, it returns to the factory settings to the oldest firmware :-(
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2021-1-29
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

I'm loosing the hope at every firmware update
2021-1-30
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

chririva Posted at 1-30 02:04
I'm loosing the hope at every firmware update

I have a feeling that they have no interest to upgrade Pocket 2 like Pocket 1. They just wanted it to the markets fastly and thats it.
2021-1-30
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-30 03:09
I have a feeling that they have no interest to upgrade Pocket 2 like Pocket 1. They just wanted it to the markets fastly and thats it.

They could learn from the first version what people want, they had feedbacks. And they made the new version cheaper, with defects and no features.
This is not a mistake, it's a choice. I regret i bought it, I could buy the first version instead.
2021-1-30
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

For my first test with this new update, the ActiveTrack it worse than the with the previous one.
My wife recorded a video of her talking for her youtube channel, with the ActiveTrack tracing her face, and now the pocket 2 keeps moving up and down while she speaks. She is not moving at all and the Pocket 2 is on tripod, so it shouldn't be moving up and down like that.
You can see what I am talking about here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... u_/view?usp=sharing .

Movements like that didn't happen with Pocket 1.

2021-1-30
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I just did a few tests on face track with the new S/W. It appears to work well when the camera is in standby mode. It follows smoothly. It also works well in 1080P 30fps. However, in 4K 30fps it is very jerky - much worse than Pocket 1. In 2.7K it is not as bad but worse than in 1080p.
2021-1-31
Use props
justviewing13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37031 ft
Philippines

Hey man!

I just tried out the Active track and I found a particularly interesting/irritating issue with it.

When plugged into my phone and set down on a table, active track seems to work really well. It's able to track my face smoothly as I pace left right, both while recording and while not recording at 4k 24fps.

The issue comes when I unplug it from my phone, and set the pocket by itself down on the table. the movement of the pocket 2 becomes really jittery and I've ended up with really bad footage that quickly jumps to the next angle trying to catch up to me!

I have not tried it wirelessly because I don't have the do-it-all handle, but I'm curious if anyone else has this issue? It would suck big time if we'd need to plug in our phones to get activetrack to work well!

UPDATE:
at 4k 24fps while not recording and unplugged from phone, the pocket 2 tracks my face smoothly. as soon as I hit record, the jagged movements start. (keep in mind that I'm just walking from left to right and not running or making any sudden movements)

at 2.7k 60fps, while unplugged from phone, while recording, jagged movements.

at 2.7k 24fps, while unplugged from phone, while recording, generally ok with slight lag before trying to "catch" up at times.

at 1080p 60fps, while unplugged from phone, while recording, no issues.

at 1080p 24fps, while unplugged from phone and while recording, no issues.

all footages were shot in low light conditions though (in my living room at night with minimal lighting). will definitely have to try it out in the morning too.

2021-1-31
Use props
Infidel101
lvl.1
Japan

Hello DJI engineers and marketing if you are reading this...

PLEASE ALLOW US TO CONNECT THE POCKET 2 TO A COMPUTER AND USE IT AS A WEBCAM!
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_9lPmIJjkglqZ
lvl.1
United States

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-28 04:35

Much needed feature since the original osmo pocket!
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_9lPmIJjkglqZ
lvl.1
United States

Some  third party developers have have made this happen however it’s not elegant. (Several videos on YouTube). Why won’t DJI make this feature that customers have been asking since the first Osmo happen? Especially now that a lot of people are sitting in front of a computer zooming and video conferencing. Give us webcam/ video out!!! Please!!!!
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_9lPmIJjkglqZ
lvl.1
United States

You can use GoPro hero9 as webcam, same with insta360 R, but not osmo pocket. Fix it DJI!!!
2021-1-31
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

alexmbraMav Posted at 1-30 17:33
For my first test with this new update, the ActiveTrack it worse than the with the previous one.
My wife recorded a video of her talking for her youtube channel, with the ActiveTrack tracing her face, and now the pocket 2 keeps moving up and down while she speaks. She is not moving at all and the Pocket 2 is on tripod, so it shouldn't be moving up and down like that.
You can see what I am talking about here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... u_/view?usp=sharing .

I tested 4K/24 Face Tracking. It jumps insanely everywhere.

Now Face Tracking is totally useless. How DJI you can fail so much with this?

I have a feeling that hardware is incompatible for smooth Face Tracking. CPU may be too slow and DJI noticed it too late. I don't have any problems with OP1 and Face Tracking when 4k.

Is camera taking too much power from CPU? That could explain also heavy crop with HDR and other laggy things.
2021-2-1
Use props
Ivybec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 660335 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Just updated to this last firmware version.
How can I set HDR filming?
I cannot find it in the settings.
2021-2-2
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Aavalaakso Posted at 2-1 08:20

That was my suspicion from the beginning. The flaws of P2 seem to originate from some sort of processing power deficiency. Luckily there is another option: unoptimized code due to inexperience with the new sensor, Hopefully it is the latter so that future firmwares might fix the problems. Until then, I am sticking to pocket 1.
2021-2-2
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 2-1 08:20

There is no 4k facetracking with op1
2021-2-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Alien433 Posted at 2-3 10:46
There is no 4k facetracking with op1

There is 4K face tracking on OP1 up to 50 fps; 4K 60 fps being the only the only exception that face tracking does not work. Please check your facts properly before posting...
2021-2-3
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CemAygun Posted at 2-3 15:54
There is 4K face tracking on OP1 up to 50 fps; 4K 60 fps being the only the only exception that face tracking does not work. Please check your facts properly before posting...

I film always ij 4k 60fps and then its not possible. In full hd its facetracking works the best on op1
2021-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules