Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Pocket 2 Firmware Released (01/28/2021)
19684 72 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Alien433 Posted at 2-5 08:47
I film always ij 4k 60fps and then its not possible. In full hd its facetracking works the best on op1

Yeah it is really sad that they went backwards with that. Everybody was expecting the tracking to get better with the pocket 2, not worse. Hopefully they can fix it...
2021-2-5
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

I’m running the latest firmware and I’m getting a lot of intermittent interference buzzing on my DJI wireless mic with the do it all handle.  It’s odd if I place my thumb over the DJI logo on the wireless mic as it’s covered the interference buzz will drop away, remove my thumb and the buzz returns.  Are others finding the same?
2021-2-7
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just bought the OP2, got it out of the box’ and I’m trying to update the firmware.  The Mimo app says is updating it to V01.03.00.10.  However, it’s taking a long time to update.  I’m at 43% and it’s been like an hour so far.  Is this normal when you buy a new pocket?  I’m thinking maybe it’s also updating the older firmware updates, but I don’t recall taking forever when I bought the OP1 two years ago.  Thanks.
2021-2-7
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

As a follow-up to my last comment, the update took like an hour and a half to update it from out-of-the-box to the latest firmware.  I'm glad I charged it before updating it.  
2021-2-8
Use props
fansa27569f1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 536342 ft
Germany

Since firmware: V01.03.00.10, start with on - off switch only in Selfie mode. Start with function key Normal. Resetting with both buttons at the same time does not work. Does anyone know advice!
2021-2-12
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

you have to switch it on using the front button, the one right to the record one.
2021-2-12
Use props
fansa27569f1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 536342 ft
Germany

Mgozer Gepostet um 2-12 05:29
Sie müssen es mit der vorderen Taste einschalten, die rechts neben der Aufnahme ist.

Danke Mgozer, das ist erst seit dem letzten FW Update so.In den Einstellungen kann man den Selfie Modus Ein - oder Ausschalten, es aendert sich nichts!
2021-2-12
Use props
Film Inquisition
New

United States

ChrisNenkov Posted at 1-28 06:10
DJI GET ATTENTION ON THAT!
I think the main idea of that camera is for vloggers and people who want to make videos and photos for internet. If this is the main idea for it we need to have the things that are most used for using it like a vlog camera.
1. - There is a real need of an option to watch what you are shooting now as a vlogger on bigger screen - like on a Laptop or PC.

You can pair the Pocket 2 with your MIMO friendly device and monitor on that device. As far as adjusting while blogging or something along the lines of Twitch, you have to keep in mind that it is a fixed lens. This is definitely a vlogger friendly tool but you'll have to create your own rig to monitor your images as you vlog. When it comes to Live Streaming, DJI never promised a live streaming camera out of a device that has zero connection to any of your social media or streaming platform of choice. I would use a good phone for live streaming and use the Pocket 2 to create cinematic establishing shots setting your live stream up.
2021-2-14
Use props
Film Inquisition
New

United States

To everyone demanding a webcam function for the Pocket 2, you should check out the heating issues some GoPro users are having and understand how this would place necessary wear on your P2. Dedicated Webcams are dirt cheap, just saying.
2021-2-14
Use props
fansf2142f19
lvl.1
United States

Had Pocket 2 for about 5 days. Does anyone else have issues or a solution to the focus jumping while doing a time lapse? Example, I’m doing a time lapse of my record player playing through. I put the needle down and put the focus on it and lock focus. At about 10 minutes unprovoked, the focus jumps to the middle of screen, off of where I had locked it in. I don’t think I’m missing something, if gone through all the settings. The device is on tripod so nothing is moving but the record spinning and the tone arm. I’m in AFS and tilt locked. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks!
2021-2-18
Use props
mgk315
New

Italy

I am bitterly disappointed in dji. Why don't they warn people that you need certain smartphones? My Osmo pocket 2 is just silly toy if I cant connect it to my phone. I have now cancelled my Mini Mavic 2 order and the RSC2 gimbal order too. They probably needme to go and spend another 600/1000 euros on a new phone before they work properly too I presume. It annoys me that companies like dji now put out rushed products in the hope that they can patch it or firmware update it later. Or its my fault for not having the latest phone. Just put a warning on the product and don't waste our time!
2021-2-20
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

mgk315 Posted at 2-20 09:18
I am bitterly disappointed in dji. Why don't they warn people that you need certain smartphones? My Osmo pocket 2 is just silly toy if I cant connect it to my phone. I have now cancelled my Mini Mavic 2 order and the RSC2 gimbal order too. They probably needme to go and spend another 600/1000 euros on a new phone before they work properly too I presume. It annoys me that companies like dji now put out rushed products in the hope that they can patch it or firmware update it later. Or its my fault for not having the latest phone. Just put a warning on the product and don't waste our time!

Completely agree on this one. They seem to really have dropped the ball on this one. Not only a) you need to have a certain Android/iPhone version and connector, but b) have one of the few models mentioned on their list, and c) even then, there have been reports of these models not working correctly!

Had I known my Pocket 2 didn't work with my phone (even though it did agree to install DJI Mimo app, even that won't guarantee your phone will work!), I wouldn't have bought it. According to the information I have seen elsewhere, the first Osmo Pocket could have worked with my devices had I bought that instead.

To slightly try to help the issue (as they seem to be helpless with it), I have started to gather list that lists phones that people have managed to use with Pocket 2. To post your own results or see if your phone is mentioned as compatible, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190
2021-2-20
Use props
Jinkser
lvl.1

Spain

Changing the power button to start in "vlogger" mode is stupid. You just created a huge amount of users who no longer know how to power on their cameras (how many people know the secret button press to switch between the modes?)

Solution: Keep the power button as it was before and make the front button start in vlogger mode.

Even better: Make it remember the last mode used and power up in that mode - everybody wins!

Still needed:
  • Webcam mode
  • High quality mode at 60fps, even if it's only 1080p (it can record 1080p at 240fps so why not HQ 60fps?)
2021-2-22
Use props
Jinkser
lvl.1

Spain

Film Inquisition Posted at 2-14 08:53
To everyone demanding a webcam function for the Pocket 2, you should check out the heating issues some GoPro users are having and understand how this would place necessary wear on your P2. Dedicated Webcams are dirt cheap, just saying.

Not true, a decent webcam is NOT cheap and they all have terrible microphones so add another $75 for a microphone.

My camera doesn't heat up when it's transmitting to my phone over USB or WiFi. Why would a webcam mode be any different?

It might even heat up less if it can power itself over USB while connected instead of using battery power.

Even if it were Wifi-only it would still be good - buying the do-it-all handle is about the same price as a webcam so you get a webcam plus a do-it-all handle for your camera - win, win!

(DJI would also make money selling handles - why wouldn't they want that?)
2021-2-22
Use props
Infidel101
lvl.1
Japan

Film Inquisition Posted at 2-14 08:53
To everyone demanding a webcam function for the Pocket 2, you should check out the heating issues some GoPro users are having and understand how this would place necessary wear on your P2. Dedicated Webcams are dirt cheap, just saying.

I can't believe you as a customer is making excuses for DJI. You should be reprimanding them instead of siding with them. Give the consumer the option, with warnings if you must. If this thing card record 4K there is no excuse it couldn't output 720 to a PC indefinitely when cameras the size of my thumb can.

"Cheap" for you may not be for other people and I assure you the DJI Pocket 2 isn't CHEAP.
2021-2-25
Use props
fansb03dcc6d
lvl.1

Spain

Hello! I updated my Pocket 2 and the vídeo HDR mode dissapeared any person have this problem too?
2021-3-9
Use props
AHB_Pck
lvl.3
Turkey

fansb03dcc6d Posted at 3-9 03:59
Hello! I updated my Pocket 2 and the vídeo HDR mode dissapeared any person have this problem too?

You need to restore the factory settings and update again. But you need to contact DJI officials to reset it to factory settings. They're sending you a message.
2021-3-9
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Jinkser Posted at 2-22 04:44
Changing the power button to start in "vlogger" mode is stupid. You just created a huge amount of users who no longer know how to power on their cameras (how many people know the secret button press to switch between the modes?)

I was hoping they just add selection to the menu where you can select will it boot selfie or not when pressing power button. You are correct that this is very very confusing change since you still need to shut down using selfie button/power button. I often try to close Pocket 2 using that front button because I powered it in using it..

About the WEBCAM it needs accessory. Here is DJI answer:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 929&pid=2409684

I actually use my older DSLR using Canon Webcam Utility but I hope they could make CHEAP accessory to make OP and DP2 to work as webcam. Pocket as webcam = A year ago it would have been sold out all the Pockets..
2021-3-9
Use props
vector_matrix
lvl.1

United States

You know I'll bet if they turned off the creation of LRF files it would fix ActiveTrack and face tracking, it stutters while tracking on mine even at 1080p30. I'm pretty sure that the generation of those LRF files requires the use of a second image processing and codec pathway which uses lower quality and bitrate settings than the main processing chain, thus taking up additional computing power on the SoC.
2021-3-14
Use props
Vikz
lvl.1

Malaysia

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-28 04:35
The most weirdest thing is that they are not adding webcam function. We are working at homes. With that function DJI could sell hell a lot more Pockets.

True. I was really disappointed. Also time-lapse capped @ 1080p. Just don't get why these 2 essential features are missing.
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_1RN5OPE42Yda
New

Philippines

Hi. Any chance of removable battery for next Osmo Pocket? That would be really great. For sure, you'll have the upper hand against other competitors.
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_Ke6mEjitJtPe
New

Russia

Спасибо
2021-3-18
Use props
XY Plane
lvl.2
United States

Is it possible to downgrade the software?
2021-3-18
Use props
fireshadow540
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107566 ft
  • >>>
United States

would be great to be able to use the app and live stream with it while the pocket two is connected to my cell phone. Is there a fix to this issue by chance in the works or are we just going to be stuck having to use another app to do so? Currently you can't stream while the pocket is connected to the cellphone only way is if you have the stick controller on it which I don't really like using.
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_wneA6r6QNVBo
lvl.3
Israel

Nice firmware update OP2, but there are some downsides that I noticed. The video gets oversharped by exactly 50%, this leads to blockiness and inefficient bitrate consumption, which is probably why people ask to raise the bitrate, but it will do nothing.
2021-3-27
Use props
DHW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063596 ft
Australia

Will be great to know if and when a new firmware will be out to fix the video and image quality, plus the active track. Seriously, the original OP was so much better.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_wneA6r6QNVBo
lvl.3
Israel

Please add support for 4096x2160 video format!
People have already started buying anamorphic lenses to get this ratio (1.90) 3840x1906.
Support me by voting +1
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_5pflwqOLOrxH
lvl.1

Romania

How can I download the firmware and manually update Pocket 2?
Via phone is not working.
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_7yiidRa0UYyT
lvl.1

Poland

Hello
Because I'm new on this forum and I can't create new topics, I will write my request here:

Please add possiblity to set Shutter Priority in Auto mode*. Currently, Shutter value is fixed to 1/125 and we can only adjust exposure compentation and ISO.
I would like to set shutter to the lowest value (e.g. 1/25) and have lower ISO
(between 1/125 and 1/25 is ca. 2EV so I could have ISO1600 instead of 6400
*Even is aperture is fixed, exposure can be adjusted by ISO only (with changed shutter speed to custom value)
2021-5-1
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_7yiidRa0UYyT Posted at 5-1 09:37
Hello
Because I'm new on this forum and I can't create new topics, I will write my request here:

I thought I was doing this already when I was setting the shutter speed in manual mode and left the ISO as auto (max whatever setting).
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_7yiidRa0UYyT
lvl.1

Poland

Gawain Posted at 5-2 14:13
I thought I was doing this already when I was setting the shutter speed in manual mode and left the ISO as auto (max whatever setting).

Nope. You can check in low light condition, that you will get under exposure image.
BTW, P2 has fixed aperture or it can be changed somehow in video M mode?
2021-5-2
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_7yiidRa0UYyT Posted at 5-2 22:05
Nope. You can check in low light condition, that you will get under exposure image.
BTW, P2 has fixed aperture or it can be changed somehow in video M mode?
Well, yeah, I mean look at the size of that tiny thing. It's a fixed 20mm f/1.8 lens.

You set the shutter speed manually and also set the ISO to adjust automatically up to a max of your choosing. (I currently have mine fixed at 1/50 shutter speed and set to auto ISO, max 3200.) I'm definitely no photographer while that's what I thought shutter priority mode was I could well be wrong. What is it that you're wanting the camera to do?

As for low light, there's only so much a tiny sensor can do. I've been keeping my eye on the Insta360 action cam with the 1-inch sensor for the same reason as what you're after (filming in low light), but I've heard that getting the video files of the thing is a massive ball ache. Just waiting to see if GoPro or DJI come up with something to counter it, or if Insta360 release a firmware update to remove the complications.
2021-5-3
Use props
djiuser_7yiidRa0UYyT
lvl.1

Poland

Ah, you have right! I didn't notice AutoISO. Thanks.
ps. For me 1/1.7 is still better than 1/2.3 (GoPro). And yes, Insta360 1inch is even better, but I red about problems with this camera so I decided to bought P2.
2021-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules