• Firmware: v01.03.00.50
  • RavenEye Firmware: v01.02.00.20
  • DJI Ronin Tethered Control Handle Firmware: v32.33
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.4.6
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.4.6
  • User Manual: v1.0

What's New:
  • Added Orbit Follow.
  • Added support to use ActiveTrack in portrait when used with DJI R Vertical Camera Mount. Latest firmware of gimbal and RavenEye required. Visit https://store.dji.com/product/r-vertical-camera-mount to purchase.
  • Added support to manually set A and B endpoints. DJI Ronin Focus Motor required. Visit https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-focus-motor to purchase.
  • Added deep sleep mode. The gimbal enters deep sleep mode after 10 minutes in normal sleep mode. Normal sleep mode is triggered by pressing the power button twice. In deep sleep mode, brightness of touchscreen is at lowest setting and USB-C ports, RSA ports, and Bluetooth on gimbal are switched off. Press power button twice to exit deep sleep mode. Note that gimbal will not enter deep sleep mode if normal sleep mode is entered through Ronin app or due to gimbal motor stalling.
  • Added ability to set shutter speed, pan and tilt axis control, smoothness, and reverse direction for front dial.
  • Added ability to take photos and autofocus for Z CAM E2, Z CAM E2-F6, Z CAM E2-F8, Z CAM E2-M4, and Z CAM E2-S6. To use autofocus, press halfway down on camera control button of gimbal.
  • Added 720 VR Shot.
  • Optimized DJI R SDK protocol by making command frame and response frame consistent and adding focus motor control command.
  • Optimized grip rotation in portrait mode and in flashlight mode when using pan follow, pan and tilt follow, or FPV.
  • Fixed issue: gimbal motor failed to stabilize when using manual lens on Z CAM.
  • Fixed issue: interface for 3D Focus froze when quickly switching from manual focus to auto focus.

Notes:

• Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RS 2 via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RS 2 during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the RavenEye via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System during the update process.
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin Tethered Control Handle is the latest version when updating the firmware. Download the latest firmware at: https://www.dji.com/cn/rs-2/downloads.
  • If DJI RS 2 has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RS 2 and retry.

2021-1-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-1-28
Use props
fans2fec9d24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136115 ft
Ireland

Great is there any instructions anywhere? Orbit follow?  Hard stops  on focus works great with gimbal but seems a bit dodgy through raven eye?
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 1-28 00:41
Thanks for the info!

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 19:35
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

Thanks. You too!
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_8xdxbZ47y4AG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7618514 ft
United States

Could someone please explain “orbit follow mode” please. I understand how to enable it but I’m not quite sure what it does. Sounds interesting though.
2021-1-29
Use props
fans2fec9d24
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_8xdxbZ47y4AG Posted at 1-29 12:33
Could someone please explain “orbit follow mode” please. I understand how to enable it but I’m not quite sure what it does. Sounds interesting though.

I asked the same question, got no answer but on the DJI twitter feed it says it makes it smoother when you're doing an orbit move... if that helps
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_8xdxbZ47y4AG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7618514 ft
United States

fans2fec9d24 Posted at 1-29 15:24
I asked the same question, got no answer but on the DJI twitter feed it says it makes it smoother when you're doing an orbit move... if that helps

It helps a little. Would love a little more info though
2021-1-29
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you update the Tethered Control Handle? I've dowloaded the .rar file but I do not see any further instructions on how to install that on the handle.
2021-1-30
Use props
BoulaWayne
lvl.1

France

Hi guys thanks for the update, why or how can we use Manuel endpoint (way more accurate than the auto cal)  when using 3D focus ???

When using auto calibration, I'm ending with a not super accurate calibration talking about both end points. the Infinite and the closest focus are a little bit of. The auto calibration did reach the physical end point of the lens while calibration but as soon as I use it, the motor never reach it till the end.

Thks for your feedbacks.
2021-1-30
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

my raveneye doesn't update from 1.01.00.10 to 1.02.00.20 do you know why? all the rest are ok (app 1.4.6 ect...)
2021-1-30
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

Other thing, after update we can't anymore charge in same time rs2 and raven eye in standbye mode because now there is deep sleep who sotps recharging raveneye.....
2021-1-30
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

it was cool to recharge everything in standbye mode (rs2 and raveneye) with one cable connected to dji hand. Now how can we do that?
2021-1-30
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

the only one solution i found to recharge like before is to push standby mode with dji app......as dji mention it. but it's not very cool.
2021-1-30
Use props
Johnny1000
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A great new Update. I like it. Can you explain me the point "7. Added 720 VR Shot"?

I just found also in the app on my Iphone a obvious UI bug. You can see it in the Screenshot. I hope that helps somebody at DJI

IMG_8852.jpg
2021-1-30
Use props
Pablo T
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for this fantastic update DJI! It really enhances the Ronin to a whole other level, especially the support for focus control from the Raveneye App page and the manual focus motor end points! Outstanding work, and thanks for listening to your customers. You so deserve this praise, keep up the good work !
2021-1-31
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

Hi, how can we update raveneye 01.00.10 to 02.00.20 manually? Mine stills in first version. What is news in last version? Thank you.
2021-1-31
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Need switch off function for Tilt and Pan motors when RS2 is mounted on steadycam.

And need support for Sony FX6.
2021-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Montfrooij. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2021-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-31 22:29
Hi there Montfrooij. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy filming always.  .

I most definitely will!
2021-2-1
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

RUD_fr Posted at 1-31 05:50
Hi, how can we update raveneye 01.00.10 to 02.00.20 manually? Mine stills in first version. What is news in last version? Thank you.

dji are you there?
2021-2-1
Use props
fansc96e5681
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

Thanks for the updated firmware. I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to add in manual endpoints to use with the 3D focus system, it seems that the usual calibration method is the only thing available on the gimbal itself and I have been unable to find any additional functions within the software or in the gimbal menu to manually set them up. Any instructions or video on how to do so would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help.
2021-2-1
Use props
SoerenM
lvl.1
Germany

fansc96e5681 Posted at 2-1 18:19
Hello,

Thanks for the updated firmware. I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to add in manual endpoints to use with the 3D focus system, it seems that the usual calibration method is the only thing available on the gimbal itself and I have been unable to find any additional functions within the software or in the gimbal menu to manually set them up. Any instructions or video on how to do so would be very much appreciated.

Manual start/end point afaik can currently only be set for the wheel on the gimbal handle. It's a bit hidden in the menu but works. For the 3D Focus currently the automatic focus motor calibration is mandatory i'm afraid. I came up with a workaround for my lenses without hard focus stops. Wondering if I should post it here as a reply or in a new topic...
2021-2-2
Use props
fans04099d0a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99695 ft
New Zealand

ianwood Posted at 1-30 01:44
How do you update the Tethered Control Handle? I've dowloaded the .rar file but I do not see any further instructions on how to install that on the handle.

There's a pdf with instructions included with the rar file.

2021-2-2
Use props
fans2fec9d24
lvl.2
Ireland

SoerenM Posted at 2-2 05:49
Manual start/end point afaik can currently only be set for the wheel on the gimbal handle. It's a bit hidden in the menu but works. For the 3D Focus currently the automatic focus motor calibration is mandatory i'm afraid. I came up with a workaround for my lenses without hard focus stops. Wondering if I should post it here as a reply or in a new topic...

I'm interested in your workaround
2021-2-3
Use props
brieflyshaking
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12054 ft
Portugal

Managed to update RS2 without any issues, but no prompt to update Raveneye. Any fix/workaround to make it update?
Tried about everything by this time.

Thanks!
2021-2-3
Use props
GeraltofLARiver
New

United States

brieflyshaking Posted at 2-3 16:40
[view_image]

Managed to update RS2 without any issues, but no prompt to update Raveneye. Any fix/workaround to make it update?

I am having the same issue. I can't get the Raveneye to update. Also if you set manual Start and Stop points on the focus via the gimbal and then go to the Focus Control on the Ronin App it goes haywire.
2021-2-3
Use props
brieflyshaking
lvl.1
Portugal

GeraltofLARiver Posted at 2-3 16:57
I am having the same issue. I can't get the Raveneye to update. Also if you set manual Start and Stop points on the focus via the gimbal and then go to the Focus Control on the Ronin App it goes haywire.

Sad to hear that. Nonetheless the focus endpoints features is working very well for me. But... On the first time I set it up I reversed the start and end point by mistake and that issue you described happened. So I would suggest you double check that.

For now my biggest issue is that I just can't get Raveneye to update.  The update doesn't add a ton of features but that added support to use ActiveTrack in portrait would be useful for me.
2021-2-4
Use props
fansb707abcd
New

Brazil

Hi. I'm new here.
My Ronin S2 stopped charging.
Testes different cabes and chargers anda nothing.
Can someone help?
Thx.
2021-2-4
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Need Multicast function like TransMount 2.0 from Zhiyun  Crane pro which permit viewer on 3 IOS/Android screens.

Having only one screen is not professional.
2021-2-5
Use props
brieflyshaking
lvl.1
Portugal

FVP Posted at 2-5 13:35
Need Multicast function like TransMount 2.0 from Zhiyun  Crane pro which permit viewer on 3 IOS/Android screens.

Having only one screen is not professional.

Yes, I completly agree! It would be great if we could connect a least 2 screens to the raveneye!
2021-2-7
Use props
JAYReaper13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 535151 ft
United States

Thank you for service on Ronin
2021-2-9
Use props
JAYReaper13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 535151 ft
United States

Mavic air 2
2021-2-9
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

RUD_fr Posted at 2-1 11:02
dji are you there?

we have to push ravaneye button on smartphone app during 10 secondes for update ..... whaaooou bravo!
2021-2-9
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Added 720 VR Shot.
- anyone know what is this?
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_ShqGlg54ldfN
New

Italy

Hi, I have just purchased the Fuji XT4 to use on my RS2. ON the DJI website camera compatibility list it state that the RS2 has control over the ISO, Shutter, and aperture, However, i only have control over start-stop recording. This is very disappointing, this was a priority of mine before buying a new camera, to be able to control my camera via the rs2 control wheel. Does anyone out there use the XT4 and have similar problems. please please can you help, i do not want to return my XT4 because of this issue
2021-2-13
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ShqGlg54ldfN Posted at 2-13 10:00
Hi, I have just purchased the Fuji XT4 to use on my RS2. ON the DJI website camera compatibility list it state that the RS2 has control over the ISO, Shutter, and aperture, However, i only have control over start-stop recording. This is very disappointing, this was a priority of mine before buying a new camera, to be able to control my camera via the rs2 control wheel. Does anyone out there use the XT4 and have similar problems. please please can you help, i do not want to return my XT4 because of this issue

Hi DJIUSER:

I have an X-T3 and am unable to change ISO, aperture and shutter speed from the RS2.  I believe this to be an issue with FujiFilm SDK and there is no way for DJI to send commands to the camera via USB and get it make these changes.

Maybe FujiFilm will update their firmware in the future to make this available from the RS2.

Don Barar
2021-2-13
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

https://www.dji.com/at/support/compatibility
2021-2-14
Use props
Antsa
lvl.1
Finland

Great update, thank you! The manual end points especially for the 3D focus and why not the dolly zoom also would be great. 3D focus is useless without a lens with hard stops.
2021-2-16
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Antsa Posted at 2-16 08:34
Great update, thank you! The manual end points especially for the 3D focus and why not the dolly zoom also would be great. 3D focus is useless without a lens with hard stops.

no, is also usefull with a lens without hardstop
when you do this simply solution i do:

2021-2-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules