New DJI RSC 2 Firmware Released (28/01/2021)
7653 19 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.01.28
  • Firmware: v01.02.00.30
  • RavenEye Firmware: v01.02.00.20
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.4.6
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.4.6
  • User Manual: v1.0

What's New:
  • Added Orbit Follow.
  • Added support to manually set A and B endpoints. DJI Ronin Focus Motor required. Visit https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-focus-motor to purchase.
  • Added deep sleep mode. The gimbal enters deep sleep mode after 10 minutes in normal sleep mode. Normal sleep mode is triggered by pressing the power button once or twice. In deep sleep mode, brightness of touchscreen is at lowest setting and USB-C ports, RSA ports, and Bluetooth on gimbal are switched off. Press power button once or twice to exit deep sleep mode. Note that gimbal will not enter deep sleep mode if normal sleep mode is entered through Ronin app or due to gimbal motor stalling.
  • Added ability to set shutter speed, pan and tilt axis control, smoothness, and reverse direction for front dial.
  • Added ability to take photos and autofocus for Z CAM E2, Z CAM E2-F6, Z CAM E2-F8, Z CAM E2-M4, and Z CAM E2-S6. To use autofocus, press halfway down on camera control button of gimbal.
  • Optimized grip rotation in portrait mode and in flashlight mode when using pan follow, pan and tilt follow, or FPV.
  • Fixed issue: gimbal motor failed to stabilize when using manual lens on Z CAM.
  • Fixed issue: screen flickered when gimbal motor stalled.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RSC 2 via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RSC 2 during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the RavenEye via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System during the update process.
  • If DJI RSC 2 has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RSC 2 and retry.

2021-1-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 1-28 00:41
Thanks for the info!

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 19:36
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

Thanks. You too!
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_kdAHCqX4C96H
lvl.2
Slovakia

Yesterday night I upgraded firmware to 01.20.

This mornng I realised that the gimbal makes quite often strange fine vibration during shooting. Even shows information about worng calibration on its display.

I made a complet recalibration but I heard and felt it (heard it) again.

With last firmware I didnt have this kind of issues

2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_8xdxbZ47y4AG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7618514 ft
United States

Could someone please explain “orbit follow mode” please. I understand how to enable it but I’m not quite sure what it does. Sounds interesting though.
2021-1-29
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 19:36

Hi Stephen,
Setting manual end points does not work. The motor isnt limited by it and continue to rotate the focus ring on my sigma 18-35.
What am I doing wrong?
2021-1-30
Use props
Lubos
lvl.2
Slovakia

its written: "DJI Ronin App Android: v1.4.6" - but the upgrade is not available on google play. so how to upgrade?
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_TI6hZVxU2717
lvl.1
Romania

Hello.  Someone tried the orbit folow option.  I did the firmware update but I can't figure out what ORBIT FOLLOW is used for.
2021-2-2
Use props
stripealipe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_TI6hZVxU2717 Posted at 2-2 20:25
Hello.  Someone tried the orbit folow option.  I did the firmware update but I can't figure out what ORBIT FOLLOW is used for.

Yep, would be good to have a little more explanation as to how the 'orbit follow' works and interacts?! ...
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_TI6hZVxU2717
lvl.1
Romania

stripealipe Posted at 2-3 00:58
Yep, would be good to have a little more explanation as to how the 'orbit follow' works and interacts?! ...

This newly introduced option, namely orbit follow but not explained by the manufacturer becomes useless if we are not guided on how to use it.
2021-2-3
Use props
kikevite
lvl.2
Spain

To use focus manual endpoint, you have to disable endpoints first, then set endpoint and finally, startpoint
2021-2-3
Use props
Aleks Nv
lvl.1

Canada

Can I use active track 3.0 on the rsc2?
2021-2-23
Use props
dswitkin
lvl.2

United States

Just curious, is the 3D Focus System supported on the RSC2? If not now, will it be?
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_1YWUq7GqPqya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11834 ft
Norway

when is it going to be a update for sony a7c black screen on raveneye?
2021-3-3
Use props
fans2bd66d9f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559308 ft

Spain

Good afternoon.
Have you had any problems with this update?

Best regards.
2021-3-10
Use props
ThijsP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72628 ft
Belgium

Sad to see there is still no picture support for the Sony A7C.
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_9xcRZMWjho9f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Found this on DJI twitter:
Orbit follow mode: offer more smooth footage when user do orbit shot
This is the tweet: https://twitter.com/DJISupport/status/1354704164715020288
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_ZxU5sqdsHiZv
New
Flight distance : 78415 ft
Malaysia

Hi,

I'm not sure if this the right place to ask and suggest ..

I own RSC 2 and Mavic Air 2 ..

Can DJI update the firmware so that we can use the Mavic Air 2 remote control to control RSC 2 gimbal?

If there is already the way .. can please point it out for me

Many Thanks DJI
2021-4-1
Use props
Art6
New

Mexico

I updated the firmware and now on Canon 90D, after turning off the recording, the mirror closes and opens again. Previously, the recording simply stopped, the mirror was closed only after switching to sleep mode or turning off the stabilizer.
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules