9168 38 2021-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

DJI Care Refresh Launches Flyaway Coverage: Enjoy Worry-Free Flights
The unexpected can happen at any time. No matter how much you prepare, some accidents are inevitable when flying in complex environments, or in locations with signal interference, strong winds, or obstructed views. That’s why DJI Care Refresh is here, to help ensure that mishaps don’t leave you empty-handed.
To help all DJI pilots fly more confidently, DJI Flyaway Coverage has been added to DJI Care Refresh service.

Flyaway Coverage
Flyaway Coverage is now included in DJI Care Refresh service for DJI Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2, including for those who have already purchased DJI Care Refresh service for these products. If a flyaway incident occurs, simply pay the corresponding service fee to obtain a replacement product*.
Following the addition of Flyaway Coverage, most of the main accident scenarios that can occur during flight are now covered by DJI Care Refresh, allowing you to enjoy your DJI product with greater peace of mind every time you fly.
* Replacement products are brand new or equivalent to brand new in performance and reliability.

Calculating Your Service Fee
After purchasing DJI Care Refresh, you’ll need to pay the corresponding service fee each time you apply for a replacement
Calculating Replacement Times
Replacement service under DJI Care Refresh can be used for accidental damage or Flyaway Coverage:
DJI Care Refresh (1-year plan) offers two replacements, including one chance to use Flyaway Coverage.
DJI Care Refresh (2-year plan) offers three replacements, including two chances to use Flyaway Coverage.
DJI Care Refresh+ offers one replacement chance for damage or Flyaway Coverage in the second year.

Activate Flyaway Coverage by Binding
In order to use Flyaway Coverage, users must have bound their DJI account and remote controller with their aircraft using the DJI Fly app. If this binding operation has not been completed prior to experiencing a flyaway incident, Flyaway Coverage cannot be used.
1. Bind to Account
Enter [Profile] –> [Device Management] –> [Account and Device] , and tap [Bind to Account].
2. Bind New RC
Enter [Profile] –> [Device Management] –> [Value-added Service], and tap [Bind New RC].
What Does DJI Care Refresh Include?
DJI Care Refresh covers multiple scenarios, including drones lost during flight, water damage, collisions, and dropping, and offers you additional services like an Express Option, free shipping, and Exclusive Service.

How Can I Purchase DJI Care Refresh?
In order to be eligible for purchasing DJI Care Refresh, users must have a new, un-activated DJI product or a DJI product that has been activated within the last 48 hours.
Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh but your product was activated over 48 hours ago?
Clickhereto learn how.

Click here for more details.
To learn more about DJI Care Refresh, you can visit DJI Care Refresh.

2021-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there George GR. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information DJI Flyaway Coverage. Great find and thank you for your support.
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-1-28
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

Hi

I find the Mini 2 fly away service fee of USD 225,- rather high. To me it more of a fly away discount you get!
2021-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a bit steep to me.
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_Hn5r5z9wsUqR
New

United Kingdom

Where do I find the "Device Management" option used to bind my account to the aircraft? The "Profile" screen on my DJI Fly app looks like the attached pic and does not contain"Device Management".

2021-1-28
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_Hn5r5z9wsUqR Posted at 1-28 04:37
Where do I find the "Device Management" option used to bind my account to the aircraft? The "Profile" screen on my DJI Fly app looks like the attached pic and [view_image] does not contain"Device Management".
[view_image]

dji fly 1.2.4
2021-1-28
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Call me cynical but to include fly away cover surely means there could be a problem with the mini2 flying away ??
If the mini 2 does fly away by itself surely this is a fault, not a point where they say give us $225 and we will give you a new drone for the faulty one?

Not all fly away's are the piolets fault!  Touch wood never had a fly away but the way my Mini 2 is loosing signal I'm not holding my breath :-)
2021-1-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

all air 2 and mini 2 drones have a warranty and all are still in effect today.
not very many air 2 and mini 2 drones have dji care refresh.
if you had a fly away experience last week, dji would most likely have to cover it under warranty.
going forward if you have a fly away, dji can point to fly away coverage that you didn't purchase.  makes it easier not to cover under warranty.  if you do have the coverage, you most certainly will be asked to use it and it will be impossible to get it covered under warranty even if the fly away is due to a "manufacturers defect."
2021-1-28
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79616 ft
Switzerland

Excelent price, together with DJI Care it make 2/3 of the drone. And if there are FlyAways it usually means something is messed up with the drone (-> problem with Normal/Cine mode and gimbal looking down). In othere words DJI says: we know you'll have the FlyAways, bacause firmware is messed up, so... buy more.
2021-1-28
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I have DJI Care refresh and have not needed to use it yet and hopefully ever!
2021-1-28
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing the flyaway coverage is when your drone is lost and never to be found, would that be correct?
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_Hn5r5z9wsUqR
New

United Kingdom

1.2.4 is not available on Play Store yet and my phone won't let me install it from the  link you sent ("for my security"). Guess I'll just have to wait until its available on Play Store.
2021-1-28
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_Hn5r5z9wsUqR Posted at 1-28 08:56
1.2.4 is not available on Play Store yet and my phone won't let me install it from the  link you sent ("for my security"). Guess I'll just have to wait until its available on Play Store.

download and install from the link is safe!
look here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234567
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_Hn5r5z9wsUqR
New

United Kingdom

George GR Posted at 1-28 09:00
download and install from the link is safe!

Ah - that sort of explains things a bit. Thanks.
2021-1-28
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_Hn5r5z9wsUqR Posted at 1-28 09:23
Ah - that sort of explains things a bit. Thanks.

you are welcome
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Turfolk Posted at 1-28 01:35
Hi

I find the Mini 2 fly away service fee of USD 225,- rather high. To me it more of a fly away discount you get!

Exactly...Imo it’s ridiculous
2021-1-28
Use props
MiniTourGuy22
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_Hn5r5z9wsUqR Posted at 1-28 04:37
Where do I find the "Device Management" option used to bind my account to the aircraft? The "Profile" screen on my DJI Fly app looks like the attached pic and [view_image] does not contain"Device Management".
[view_image]

Yes I cannot find device management in my app either?
2021-1-28
Use props
MiniTourGuy22
lvl.1
Canada

George GR Posted at 1-28 04:42
dji fly 1.2.4

Version 1.2.1 is the only one available in the play store and no option to update it that I can find??
2021-1-28
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

MiniTourGuy22 Posted at 1-28 12:29
Version 1.2.1 is the only one available in the play store and no option to update it that I can find??

last version dji fly 1.2.4 download and install from the link is safe!
2021-1-28
Use props
Adrian_here
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1322 ft
United Kingdom

Well I’ve done it, however if I should get a ‘flyaway’ that id not my fault I won’t be best pleased at having to pay all that money.
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Adrian_here Posted at 1-29 12:12
Well I’ve done it, however if I should get a ‘flyaway’ that id not my fault I won’t be best pleased at having to pay all that money.

Agree!
2021-1-29
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Adrian_here Posted at 1-29 12:12

Indeed, but better paying the flyaway fee rather than full price, surely?
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_wop5QRwz88Oq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13363 ft

United States

My mini 2 and controller will not bind to my account. I need some help, thanks
99872095-EB24-4B15-9037-4FC9F099197D.png
2021-1-30
Use props
fans154b139d
lvl.1
Poland

djiuser_wop5QRwz88Oq Posted at 1-30 06:37
My mini 2 and controller will not bind to my account. I need some help, thanks

Same problem, but with DJI Mavic Air 2, maybe someone has a solution?
2021-4-6
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

That means, I pay the annual fee for CareRefresh once immediately after buying the drone. And if this is then in a e.g. Tree "lands" and is damaged during recovery, will I get a new drone returned after sending it in and paying $ 49? If my Mini2 is "lost", will I also get a new Mini2 after paying $ 225?
This only applies to the 1st year or as long as I pay the annual fee for CareRefresh?
2021-4-6
Use props
fans8155b7ff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214370 ft
United States

My MAVIC 2 initiated a critical battery landing with 14% battery left and my display froze and it refused to respond to any stick inputs as it descended...right into the ocean about 20m off land. DJI is refusing to see it as a malfunction since I had cancelled low battery auto return at 30%. Since when does cancelling auto return cause the above to happen?  I have never seen a Mavic behave like this. You are always able to alter the descent trajectory during auto landing and the screen never goes black. This was a brand new drone and I made several attempts to retrieve it but the waves are just too huge breaking on the cliff nearby and it’s too dangerous. All DJI Care is willing to do is give a 30% discount on a new Mavic but why would I want to buy another drone that could simply do this again? They are saying the display going black is the fault of my iPad but it wasn’t frozen. Flight log recorded zero of my inputs after the landing message.
E324E682-D632-4044-A5B5-C8DE30697755.jpeg
2021-4-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans8155b7ff Posted at 4-6 10:16
My MAVIC 2 initiated a critical battery landing with 14% battery left and my display froze and it refused to respond to any stick inputs as it descended...right into the ocean about 20m off land. DJI is refusing to see it as a malfunction since I had cancelled low battery auto return at 30%. Since when does cancelling auto return cause the above to happen?  I have never seen a Mavic behave like this. You are always able to alter the descent trajectory during auto landing and the screen never goes black. This was a brand new drone and I made several attempts to retrieve it but the waves are just too huge breaking on the cliff nearby and it’s too dangerous. All DJI Care is willing to do is give a 30% discount on a new Mavic but why would I want to buy another drone that could simply do this again? They are saying the display going black is the fault of my iPad but it wasn’t frozen. Flight log recorded zero of my inputs after the landing message.

So you disabled the low battery return safety feature, and now you want to know why DJI did not consider it a fault and replace the aircraft under warranty? Is that correct?
2021-4-6
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Thanks for sharing this info. Though bit pricey I guess
2021-4-7
Use props
fans8155b7ff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214370 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-6 14:45
So you disabled the low battery return safety feature, and now you want to know why DJI did not consider it a fault and replace the aircraft under warranty? Is that correct?

Cancelling a RTH sequence at 30% battery doesn’t normally render the drone unable to respond to stick commands and set it hovering for 5 minutes until the battery dies. Technician says the water descent was “pilot error” even though the drone was not allowing me to pilot it. If I’d been in control I’d have returned the drone to land in seconds. It was only 20m away. Total scam.
2021-4-7
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391752 ft
United States

fans8155b7ff Posted at 4-7 00:37
Cancelling a RTH sequence at 30% battery doesn’t normally render the drone unable to respond to stick commands and set it hovering for 5 minutes until the battery dies. Technician says the water descent was “pilot error” even though the drone was not allowing me to pilot it. If I’d been in control I’d have returned the drone to land in seconds. It was only 20m away. Total scam.

Read the reviews on Amazon for the Mini 2  from Buyers.  DJI has not honored their cheaper warranty, Drones flying into oceans, RtH takes the Drone in the opposite direction, Drone does a 360 by itself into a tree, disconnects from controller and crashes... and in these examples, they blamed the Pilot, would not honor the paid-for warranty.

I am dealing with them now too, Amazon says go to DJI, it's under warranty, DJI has ignored all requests for help.  

The RtH stopped working after the last update.  I didn't break it, they did.  My t/sing has involved 5 phones, 6 OEM batteries, 4 cables, etc. and every time I fly, black screen, disconnects.  It's unuseable.  I have to manually bring it down, can't fly anywhere but in my own yard, I've rolled back their Drivers twice, nothing works.  And DJI support is nowhere to be found.
2021-8-5
Use props
DIY Rob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39610 ft
Canada

I purchased Flyaway insurance. However, I only had the aircraft “bound” and not the flight controller. The binding process was not very clear and once I saw the aircraft serial # and flight controller serial # registered on my account i thought I did it correctly. Apparently “registering” and “binding” are 2 different actions.
Now, I had a RTH flyaway. But there is no way to file a report because my controller is not binded. The aircraft is up a tree above a river so I can’t connect to it and bind the controller.
I am a life long pro photographer and understand tech devices. I think this is a shady way for DJI to earn extra revenue and never have to pay out. If the drone is registered and under warranty I should not have to jump through so many hoops.
Is there a way to file a flyaway report with only the aircraft “bound”??
2021-8-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DIY Rob Posted at 8-17 04:58
I purchased Flyaway insurance. However, I only had the aircraft “bound” and not the flight controller. The binding process was not very clear and once I saw the aircraft serial # and flight controller serial # registered on my account i thought I did it correctly. Apparently “registering” and “binding” are 2 different actions.
Now, I had a RTH flyaway. But there is no way to file a report because my controller is not binded. The aircraft is up a tree above a river so I can’t connect to it and bind the controller.
I am a life long pro photographer and understand tech devices. I think this is a shady way for DJI to earn extra revenue and never have to pay out. If the drone is registered and under warranty I should not have to jump through so many hoops.

I had a RTH flyaway

What's an RTH flyaway ?
What happened ?
If you post your flight data, I'll see if I can work out what went wrong and how to avoid that in future.

Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2021-8-17
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 8-17 05:05
I had a RTH flyaway
What's an RTH flyaway ?
What happened ?

Labroides n'admettra jamais rien de mal
2021-8-17
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 8-17 07:53
Labroides n'admettra jamais rien de mal

Same thing said in chinese

永遠不會承認任何壞事
2021-8-17
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-17 05:05
I had a RTH flyaway
What's an RTH flyaway ?
What happened ?

Wow, I think labhemorrhoids works for DJI .... looks like he forgot to change his screen name

No question he's a biased employee
2021-8-17
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

hunterws Posted at 8-17 08:04
Same thing said in chinese

永遠不會承認任何壞事

It's Chinese (upper case C) but seems to be accurate. Please mind your spelling hunterws!
2021-8-17
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 8-17 08:08
It's Chinese (upper case C) but seems to be accurate. Please mind your spelling hunterws!

It was intentional.  
2021-8-17
Use props
djiuser_YgkFdOKrwsQV
lvl.1

United States

You know someone what is mean error (-53277)
In case flyaway for avata?
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules