an internal square 2.4ghz antenna wire is cut
1031 2 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kindermuhaaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25128 ft
France

hello, i have a standard phantom 3, and an internal square 2.4ghz antenna wire is cut, the one that is black, I had put an argteck antenna kit so I recovered a square antenna in my radio, the one with the black wire and I put it in the drone in place of the original one,
do you think it will work as before?
I wonder if these square antenes in the radio and the drone are not for the radio "transmitter" and for the drone "receiver",
if this is the case it will not work
someone has done this before and can tell me if it works?
I looked on the net and it is no longer done in nine,
So have you replaced these antennas with another model that is also or more efficient?

thank you very much for your answers and your help

2021-1-28
Use props
Kindermuhaaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25128 ft
France

is there an equivalent to these antennas part 97 see more efficient? thank you
2021-1-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Those square antennas are called patch antennas.  If you installed the antenna correctly with the antenna cable and ufl ends intact and undamaged, and the boards they plug into are not damaged, there's no reason why it wouldn't work.  As far as the receiver / transmitter thing, the 2.4 ghz connection is a wifi connection which means you have transceivers on both ends so it doesn't matter which antenna is where.  Yes, you can install a better antenna on that P3S if you wish.  They used to put the old FPVLR dipole style antennas on them and they improved the connection.    It'll be hard to find those nowadays.  Maybe used like on eBay?  I would bet other antennas have been developed that would work as well.  For example, a Diamond antenna might work well if it can handle the prop wash.  Maybe not though.  Vibration from the prop wash would not be good.  It might be okay.  I believe they use these on racing drones.     
Also, you could use a P3A/P 2.4 ghz antenna if you wanted to.  You'd have to figure out how to install it without interfering with the compass.  
Here is a thread discussing P3S mods.  https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -tests.72014/page-7  

Good luck

2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules