Lost control of Mavic Pro- IMU issue
1063 11 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiri
lvl.1

United States

Any idea why this would have happened? Completely lost control and the drone picked up a lot of speed and flew into a tree. got an error about IMU and magnetic interferance but was a bit shocked it responded by picking up speed instead of RTH or hovering?

flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ODPRK7XDJPJHJWI34M6V

2021-1-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Mostly you got a compass error and your bird was not wathching any satellite. Only 1 time the motor was abstructed(may be an IMU issue) and the most time your bird was in ATTI mode. Your bird´s battery was very low on voltage.
2021-1-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Flight started with zero satellites !  so no GPS lock !
Always wait for a GPS lock before flying.

Batt data looks normal to me, but best is to start flying with a full battery. (you will never know if you need all the juice to fly home...)

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-1-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Peterx Posted at 1-28 08:45
Mostly you got a compass error and your bird was not wathching any satellite. Only 1 time the motor was abstructed(may be an IMU issue) and the most time your bird was in ATTI mode. Your bird´s battery was very low on voltage.

Mostly you got a compass error
The compass error warnings happened after the drone crashed and was upside down on the ground.
They were due to the crash.
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

JJB* Posted at 1-28 09:23
Hi,

Great!
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kiri. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If the said DJI Drone is still within the warranty period, DJI will help to apply data analysis and a proper solution will be provided based on the result of the data analysis. You may contact or DJI Support Team at : https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-1-28
Use props
kmr88
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 18:54
Hello there kiri. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If the said DJI Drone is still within the warranty period, DJI will help to apply data analysis and a proper solution will be provided based on the result of the data analysis. You may contact or DJI Support Team at : https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hi, it is not under warranty anymore. I already contacted DJI support and unfortunately they were not at all helpful.
2021-1-29
Use props
kmr88
lvl.1

United States

JJB* Posted at 1-28 09:23
Hi,

thanks for checking the log for me! Curious why it would have done what it did even without GPS though, usually if I lose GPS it hovers. Seemed a bit shocking that it picked up speed and started moving towards obstacles instead of hovering. just want to make sure I know how to prevent this happening again or at least know how to regain control if it does
2021-1-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

kmr88 Posted at 1-29 06:01
thanks for checking the log for me! Curious why it would have done what it did even without GPS though, usually if I lose GPS it hovers. Seemed a bit shocking that it picked up speed and started moving towards obstacles instead of hovering. just want to make sure I know how to prevent this happening again or at least know how to regain control if it does

Hi

without GPS lock but enough visual reference it will hover in OPTI mode.
But it can go into ATTI, than it often moves away...

Simple to prevent, wait for GPS lock, HP to be set and start to fly.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-29
Use props
kmr88
lvl.1

United States

JJB* Posted at 1-29 06:07
Hi

without GPS lock but enough visual reference it will hover in OPTI mode.

got it. thanks for the advice
2021-1-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kmr88 Posted at 1-29 06:01

usually if I lose GPS it hovers.
Without GPS the drone has no horizontal position holding ability.
That means it has no brakes.

Seemed a bit shocking that it picked up speed and started moving towards obstacles instead of hovering.
The flight data shows all your joystick inputs and the way the drone.
The reason it picked up speed was because someone was on the joysticks, giving it full stick inputs.
The reason it moved toward obstacles, was the person on the sticks steered it towards obstacles.responded to them.

just want to make sure I know how to prevent this happening again or at least know how to regain control if it does.
You could try waiting for GPS and not launching from somewhere that the sky and sats are blocked by obstacles.
If you had to fly without GPS, you have to be very gentle on the sticks, rember it has no brakes.
And don't fly close to obstacles without GPS.

2021-1-29
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Always wait for the gps to lock
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules