Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Panorama Range and Capture Error
375 0 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI just released an update for the Ronin-S this morning that supports the EOS R5.  I downloaded and installed it so I could try the panorama function.  I immediately noticed a major issue.  
I am using the
EOS R5 (Full Frame Sensor)
EF 16-35III (Set to 16mm).  
Horizontal range to 180 deg (90 on either side of center)
30% overlap.  

According to the parameters I entered it says I need 2 photos wide horizontally.  However, the Ronin-S is taking the photo at each corner (Center point of photo 90 frome center) which gives you 1 photos aiming 90 right and 1 photo aiming 90 left resulting in 0 overlap.  In fact the 2 photos edges dont even touch.  The calculation is off, instead of 2 photos it should be taking 3.  When I set it to 17mm it takes 3.  The differance of 1mm does not make up for the lack of overlap between the 2 images.  

Secondly, if I set range of the photo to 180deg I'm expecting the edges of the photo range to be 180deg not the range of the center point of the photos on either side being 180deg.  Instead of the taking photos at the corners it should be taking photos at the center point of each grid box (Making the outer edge 180deg).  

I included the captured photos along with screenshots of the gimbal position.  As you can see there should be a 3rd photo in the center but the algorithem doesn not calculate a photo is needed there and does not take one.  so the result is you have either side but not the middle.

Am I missing something?  

Left Side.jpg
Right Side.jpg
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules