Motion Lapse - Custom Motion only 3 Points Max working
1163 6 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I am trying to get Motionlapse working using the DJI MIMO app. Version V1.5.11(182475). It allows upo to 4 points to be set BUT whatever setings of total time and exposure intervals are set only 3 points are achieved. Has anyone out there managed to get all 4 working? This still happens after applying the latest Pocket 2 firmware update Jan 27 2021.

2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share a video?
2021-1-28
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

When 4 points are selected in Motionlapse a video should be created containing 3 movements, A to B, B to C and C to D. I have tried various combinations of intervals and times etc. , but they always failed to complete these movements. Sometimes just 2 or 2 and a bit. Posting these movies on here does not prove anything as it could be argued that I could have made a mistake in setting them up.
However, I do have an example I can share. This one involved a longer duration of 20 minutes and an Interval time of 4 secs.
The 3 movements were competed but at different speeds! The first two movements were finished in the first 5 minutes, leaving the final movement to take 15 minutes. As you will see the final movement is much slower than the first two.

2021-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not sure if you’re seeing it correctly, Although on screen you only see ABC and the what looks like delete bin, this is actual 4th point, so they’re 4 different points . Really it should read ABCD but all 4 points are available.
2021-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Motionlapse works:
1/ 1-2 = first movement, 2-3 = 2nd movement, 3-4 = 3rd movement.  So 4 points but only 3 separate directional movements .
2021-1-31
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Hallmark007. You are correct in what you state. If you read my previous post I said exactly the same thing. What I am questioning is the erratic behaviour of the movements. Sometimes when all four points are set, the camera only completes two movements, sometimes two and a half. When selecting the interval times and the run time, the software happily accepts values, but in practise it can't carry them out.
The example video I posted above does complete all three movements, but in this case they don't have equal velocities. The run time was set at 20 minutes. The first two movements were completed in 5 minutes. The last movement was completed in 15 minutes, giving the total run time of 20 minutes as requested. All three movements were of similar distance. So why did the last movement take 6 times longer than the previous two?
2021-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

northaal Posted at 1-31 05:23
Hi Hallmark007. You are correct in what you state. If you read my previous post I said exactly the same thing. What I am questioning is the erratic behaviour of the movements. Sometimes when all four points are set, the camera only completes two movements, sometimes two and a half. When selecting the interval times and the run time, the software happily accepts values, but in practise it can't carry them out.
The example video I posted above does complete all three movements, but in this case they don't have equal velocities. The run time was set at 20 minutes. The first two movements were completed in 5 minutes. The last movement was completed in 15 minutes, giving the total run time of 20 minutes as requested. All three movements were of similar distance. So why did the last movement take 6 times longer than the previous two?

Ok I understand now, if I get time later ill see if I can test, ill let you know.
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules