Importing Mavic air 2 to india
4261 11 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meluha
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,I am struggling to find proper stepwise procedures to import my drone from Amsterdam to India!
If you know the accurate stepwise procedure, kindly help me with the link.

Thanks.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there meluha. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared.  I understand that you wanted to bring your DJI Mavic Air 2 to India. The best way to know how to pack and bring your DJI drone to India is to contact your local airport authority and the airlines customer service to know all the rules and regulations on this matter. Thank you for your support and have a safe and happy flying in India.
2021-1-28
Use props
Sumit Jain
lvl.1

India

Hi All, So let me clear off all the doubts and make it easy for everyone to complete the process.

1. ETA (Equipment Type Approval Certificate) is provided by WPC Wing, DOT (Department of Telecommunication)

A). ETA form (submitted to local RLO - Regional Licensing. Officer)
B) Product RF Test Report. available for download on their website. dji.com/euro-compliance/
C) Product Specs and Manual/Catalog - available for download on their website for each category.
D) Self Declaration (ETA) for application with details for your use, address, and registration, and undertaking that you have applied to only their particular RLO.
E) Authorisation letter from manufacturer to apply for Drone Registration to be submitted.  (This one we need from DJI). This can be a simple format of your drone details and authorization that you have purchased from DJI and all the product catalog/manual and specs as specified with the product.
F) A payment of Rs. 10,000/- to. bharatkosh.gov.in and attach the receipt in the application to your respective RLO. (under Ministry TELECOMMUNICATIONS) and purpose ETA.

Getting an ETA takes at least 30 days from RLO. WPC Wing, DOT.

2. Import Security Clearance ( A security clearance from DGCA)
This process is easy as DJI does not need to provide anything and you will need to fill in all the details and submit a Self Declaration Form and Product Details to their website esahaj.gov.in. This one requires no payment and totally online.
(If a company, then Company PAN CARD AND Incorporation certificate along with TAN.)

3.. Import Licence from DGFT
This one we will get once we submit a copy. of ETA and Security Clearance from DGCA. A copy of this also requires. all the product Details, Invoices, and Bank Statment/Credit Card (from where you purchased). be attached in their form. They. send you Import clearance and then you can import the drone.

4. for Drone Registration
you can go to digitalsky.dgca.gov.in and apply with all details and payment of Rs. 1000/-  to Bharat Kosh under Ministry Civil Aviation and Tourism, ETA. The digital sky comunication is. the last but very easy as they guide you step by step (also for NPNT category drones.)

So, in short, we need an "Authorisation letter from manufacturer to apply for Drone Registration" to be submitted.. and that you have to apply as per your case. I have got all documents so far except this one. ;)
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_p9wtUK01i0ND
New

India

2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_p9wtUK01i0ND
New

India

Sumit Jain Posted at 2-2 12:37
Hi All, So let me clear off all the doubts and make it easy for everyone to complete the process.

1. ETA (Equipment Type Approval Certificate) is provided by WPC Wing, DOT (Department of Telecommunication)

Hello Sumit

Thank you for sharing the details for importing. If you dont mind can you please share me the soft copies of the documents you have received till date for the reference so that I can also apply for the same.. my email ID is md.hanif.khan786@gmail.com.. thank you in advance.
2021-2-8
Use props
Sumit Jain
lvl.1

India

I am sorry, cannot reveal or share the documents as they are confidential and can be misused. Apologies.. The above application process you will get it.
2021-2-10
Use props
fans9a565820
lvl.2
United States

Sumit Jain Posted at 2-10 03:36
I am sorry, cannot reveal or share the documents as they are confidential and can be misused. Apologies.. The above application process you will get it.

just curious , this process is for permanently bringing drone in country ? not for users who are traveling for few weeks of vacation ?
2021-2-14
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

whatever you do, don't use this process:  https://dronedj.com/2021/02/11/d ... om-drones-and-gold/
2021-2-14
Use props
meluha
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thanks a lot for the detailed info!!!
Getting ETA seems to be very much difficult.
Currently, I am in Amsterdam and How to submit the hardcopy of all the documents?
Secondly, DJI is not responding to my request for Authorisation letter?

Any suggestions on this?
2021-2-14
Use props
ThunderThor
lvl.1

India

Namaste Sumit,

After all this, and without the "Authorisation letter from manufacturer to apply for Drone Registration", did you manage to get the drone in?
I am hoping to get the Mavic Air 2 in June, and I want to look at the possibility of getting it in legitimately.

Best wishes
2021-2-15
Use props
sangeeth
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Dear Mr. Sumit, As per your above post it is not clear that you are  succeed to get ETA from WPC. could you pls clarify it, If yes plase advise how to get ETA as well.

THanks in advance
Sangeeth
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_vmII1KcE7Q1j
lvl.2

Canada

Best way to import any drone to India is, first of all forgot about the law its stupid as hell made by some cunts. The best way is to                                                                               .Remove propellers and battery from the drone                                                                                                                                                                                                   .Put the drone in your check in luggage. Carry the controller and rest of the suff in your hand luggage.
This methods works very well and i have used it many times, they wont even though if you are carrying a drone because it will be in your checkin luuage and it wont have any proplleres or a battery.
2022-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules