Can't stay still
1590 6 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seanwm22
New

United States

So, a while back I took my Mavic Pro up a bit higher than I probably should have, and when it came back down, it was never able to hover perfectly still like it normally does. I've done IMU and compass recalibrations but it doesn't fix the problem. If I leave it in the air without touching the controller, it starts to drift away. I'd estimate if I left it for 10 seconds, it would probably be about 50 feet away. So it's pretty scary to fly. I was hoping someone would be able to help me to get this flying like it did before.
Thanks.
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

IMU calibration?
2021-1-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've done GPS recalibrations and it says the GPS system is fine but it doesn't fix the problem.
You didn't calibrate the GPS.
There is no way to calibrate GPS.

I was hoping someone would be able to help me to get this flying like it did before.

The smart thing to do is identify the cause of the issue and then fix that.
The recorded flight data is necessary to work out what the problem really is.

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2021-1-28
Use props
Seanwm22
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-28 16:01
I've done GPS recalibrations and it says the GPS system is fine but it doesn't fix the problem.
You didn't calibrate the GPS.
There is no way to calibrate GPS.

Ah okay thanks.

And I meant to say IMU calibrations, not GPS, so sorry for that.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Seanwm22. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Mavic Pro? Can you please fly your DJI drone to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please try to calibrate the IMU of the said DJI drone and please calibrate the remote controller as well for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the props, a slight deformation could cause this.
2021-1-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you recalibrate the RC-sticks and wheels  yet? some time you may check that for sure.

2021-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules