Fly Away Protection ? Can someone Elaborate.. ?
2225 20 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Fly Away Protection ? Can someone Elaborate..?
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, please refer to this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1 for details. Thanks.
2021-1-29
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I have Dji care for MA2 but not my MINI2.  What's the difference in fly away protection in both cases.
2021-1-28
Use props
plumbob27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32047 ft
United Kingdom

Dji have added flyaway

but you have to pay $220 or more you can claim one flyaway and still two damaged claims per care refresh 1 yr period
2021-1-28
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

plumbob27 Posted at 1-28 18:39
Dji have added flyaway

but you have to pay $220 or more you can claim one flyaway and still two damaged claims per care refresh 1 yr period

Ok because with care refresh you have to give them back a drone and flyaway you don't ?
But can you pay for flyaway protection after the flyaway has occurred ?
Or do you have to buy before ?
Because before kind of sucks if you never lose the drone.
2021-1-28
Use props
Sisam
New

South Korea

RE: Fly Away Protection ? Can someone Elaborate.. ?

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-28 19:03
Ok because with care refresh you have to give them back a drone and flyaway you don't ?

Really.Is the last sentence true?
2021-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sisam Posted at 1-29 00:23

Yep thats true.  But you just bind the controller & drone in the app before it happens.
2021-1-29
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 01:57
Yep thats true.  But you just bind the controller & drone in the app before it happens.

That's good to know.
2021-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

no probs,  .   Be aware of the prices though,  its not that cheap.
2021-1-29
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-29 02:44
Hi there, please refer to this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234676&extra=page%3D1 for details. Thanks.

Do I have to bind it to Smart Controller or original Remote ?
2021-1-29
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Sisam Posted at 1-29 00:23

Yes this is confirmed.
2021-1-29
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 05:46
no probs,  .   Be aware of the prices though,  its not that cheap.

Yes that's why I was asking if you only pay if flyaway occurs. Thanks
2021-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-29 06:34
Yes that's why I was asking if you only pay if flyaway occurs. Thanks

There the DJI refresh fee which you have to purchase within 48 hours of activating the drone,  and then if you have a fly away you pay the second fee.
2021-1-29
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 06:40
There the DJI refresh fee which you have to purchase within 48 hours of activating the drone,  and then if you have a fly away you pay the second fee.

Sweet that was what I needed to know.
2021-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-29 06:42
Sweet that was what I needed to know.

Superb.
2021-1-29
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

drone insurance like dji care or geek squad from Best Buy or Square Trade is definitely worth the bang for buck. There are ways to prevent fly aways though. I made a whole post about it but then lost it.
Here are some things I remember though1:Always calibrate the compass before every flight in an area free of interference like metal structures, towers, concrete/asphalt/pavement, and antennas.
2:learn to fly in atti mode. Atti mode can be a lifesaver as the drone is just relying on the imu and not the compass/gps for stabilization. There is a way to turn it on if you have a Mavic or Spark but you will have to give up sport mode. https://www.thedroneu.com/blog/atti-mode-mavic-2-pro-hack-zoom/
3:If the drone flies unstable, try doing an imu calibration on a flat, non conductive surface like a wooden table.
4:don't mess with the wifi settings. I usually keep it on 5.8 ghz auto. If you are in a remote place trying to get extra range and you are absolutely sure that there is no interference, put it in 2.4 ghz auto. Dji's ocusync system does a pretty good job though in all situations and shouldn't be something you have to mess with. My drone though has enhanced wifi so I have to decide each time. I most often keep mine in 5.8 ghz auto mode though.
5:If you have compass problems and tried everything, consider getting a watch demagnetizer (https://www.amazon.com/Taidda-De ... 2Caps%2C261&sr=8-17) and scanning it over the whole drone to remove any permanent magentization that might've builded up. Another good tool is the C-Fixer but that's expensive and hard to find.
6:When repairing the drone after a crash or because of defectiveness, always take it/ship it to a Dji authorized repair center or get parts and tools from a reputable source like Ebay that has a mid to high price and know what you're doing.

7o not 100 percent rely on the Drone's technology. The main thing that should be in charge of the drone that is 99 percent foolproof is you. You are the main thing in control of the drone. Keeping it in line of sight, controlling the drone safely and gently, and paying attention to warnings in the app is important.

Finally, write a means of communication on your drone somewhere with your faa number. Also consider a recovery system like a beeper, or a light, or a tracker.
I am sorry about the emoji blocking some letters. My computer keeps doing that.
2021-1-29
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Sparkflier Posted at 1-29 14:24
drone insurance like dji care or geek squad from Best Buy or Square Trade is definitely worth the bang for buck. There are ways to prevent fly aways though. I made a whole post about it but then lost it.
Here are some things I remember though1:Always calibrate the compass before every flight in an area free of interference like metal structures, towers, concrete/asphalt/pavement, and antennas.
2:learn to fly in atti mode. Atti mode can be a lifesaver as the drone is just relying on the imu and not the compass/gps for stabilization. There is a way to turn it on if you have a Mavic or Spark but you will have to give up sport mode. https://www.thedroneu.com/blog/atti-mode-mavic-2-pro-hack-zoom/

Thanks for the tips.
2021-1-29
Use props
plumbob27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32047 ft
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-28 19:03

flyaway is a acces of$220 that you have to pay

have you gone airdate for flight logs and you should be able to find drone

I found mine on a roof with airdate and dji flight logs
2021-1-30
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

plumbob27 Posted at 1-30 08:21
flyaway is a acces of$220 that you have to pay

have you gone airdate for flight logs and you should be able to find drone

I never lost one “yet”
Lost my Spark after the battery fell out but found it using Find my Drone in the app and my MavicPro.
I was just wondering if you have to have Dji Care first?
2021-1-30
Use props
Sisam
New

South Korea

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 01:57

Okay,i got it.
2021-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now